Become a Patron!

Mod of your choice under 80

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What I'm interested in would be something that has curve mode, good TC, not a die hard TC fan but I like the option.

I have been reading reviews, obsessing over this because I don't have money to play with (recovering alcoholic addict vaping and this hobby is saving my life)

Basically I am looking for a good high wattage mod with curve mod good TC, I'm mostly vw, but like playing around.

What would you choose. I'm leaning towards Charon..

Any input appreciated very much guys. Love y'all, thanks for helping me all this time I've been a lurker too damn long.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the Battlestar better but the Charon is a good second choice. The fact that the Battlestar cannot be firmware upgraded is something I see as a plus not a minus since it is one less thing that can go wrong.

According to feedback, the Battlestar is a simple but durable proven winner even for TC. The more complicated a device, the more that can go wrong.

If temperature curves is a must, then the Charon's relative complexity is necessary as perhaps a few other functions not offered by the Battlestar.

Microsoft Windows is a great example of newer and more complicated often being worse. The vaping industry at times seems worse than Microsoft in this regard unfortunately.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I don’t own the Charon to compare it but I do have the Aspire speeder does everything well Zombie also affordable don’t bother with the kit though the tank is not all that great

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the under 80$ price range I'm a fan of the minikins and ipv eclipse.
Are you having any issues with the Eclipse? I have seen a couple reviews mention that the SX 420 chip has jumpy ohm readings while and after hitting the firing button. I was considering picking up the Eclipse, but might wait for the firmware upgrade. I heard that the SX 410 on the Vesta is rock solid and
now that it's selling for less than $40.00 could be a good option.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Bought the voopoo alpha one. It's customizable, straight forward and offers a similar mech mod experience. I'll do a review on it. Should be here in a week

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For regulated Mod, Battlestar IMO is one of the best out there. Hell I feel I can throw it across the room and bean a Clouds Bro in the head, pick it up and continue to Vape away. It's very durable, well built, excellent ergonomic's and it just works great.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For regulated Mod, Battlestar IMO is one of the best out there. Hell I feel I can throw it across the room and bean a Clouds Bro in the head, pick it up and continue to Vape away. It's very durable, well built, excellent ergonomic's and it just works great.

I've dropped my Battlestars a few times onto the pavement and it didn't do shit to them. I have three of them and I've been using one everyday for 6 months now. It's also a very comfortable mod to carry around.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I've dropped my Battlestars a few times onto the pavement and it didn't do shit to them. I have three of them and I've been using one everyday for 6 months now. It's also a very comfortable mod to carry around.

The thorough reviews of Anthony Vapes and his spreadsheet that compares the Battlestar quite favorably to all other mods is one reason I am starting out with it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/htmlview#

Comments in threads like the one I am replying to is another reason to start out with a Battlestar and eventually keep it as a backup of last resort.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Bahahahahahahaha

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I am loving my Asmodus Minikin V2- has curve function! All around great mod with long battery life and small size for a dual battery mod!
I also just purchased a Battlestar and so far this is a very nice mod too! Almost as small as the V2 and is working well and at a better price than the V2!

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It seems like Battlestar is the best bang for the buck with the Charon TC (not TS) not too far behind. Anthony Vapes lists it as the best performing VW mod that he tested and the third best TC mod behind two DNA mods. The Charon came quite close to matching the Battlestar and is probably the most bang for the buck for someone who insists on setting their own power curve which the Battlestar doesn't do.

The Battlestar seems to be about the most ergonomic and portable dual 18650 mods I've seen.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you don't use TC, I would take the Laisimo Spider 200 over the Battlestar. Same size, better screen, and also under $40.00 Just can't adjust your wattage in TC mode.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you don't use TC, I would take the Laisimo Spider 200 over the Battlestar. Same size, better screen, and also under $40.00 Just can't adjust your wattage in TC mode.

Never seen that mod before. It looks like a Battlestar clone minus the TC plus a more colorful screen.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
authentic-laisimo-defender-200w-tc-vw-variable-wattage-box-mod-chromatic-rainbow-zinc-alloy-5200w-2-x-18650.jpg

The New Defender 200 is the exact same size with different buttons. Nice new OLED.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I purchased an alpha one. I liked the one I tried and the drag is fucking amazing. The Charon is too computer committed to do anything. I do like it tho but the 510 wiggle and I fucking hate that shit my rx2s wiggles. Good ass mod I love my 200 but the 510 is bullshit

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I purchased an alpha one. I liked the one I tried and the drag is fucking amazing. The Charon is too computer committed to do anything. I do like it tho but the 510 wiggle and I fucking hate that shit my rx2s wiggles. Good ass mod I love my 200 but the 510 is bullshit

This is exactly why I am choosing the Battlestar over the Charon and what is making me rethink ever owning a DNA mod in the future.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
This is exactly why I am choosing the Battlestar over the Charon and what is making me rethink ever owning a DNA mod in the future.
Yep I can tell the if you can set curves on the mod it's simple as hell. People complaining that it's too hard to do it on the mod, your version of complicated we must not share.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep I can tell the if you can set curves on the mod it's simple as hell. People complaining that it's too hard to do it on the mod, your version of complicated we must not share.

Where in what you quoted from me did I state that it was too complicated? It was a reply quoting you. Reread your own lost I quoted and my reply that you quoted.

Are you condemning yourself and calling for the forum to reject your suggestions?

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The Charon is still a great mod. Don't get me wrong. I'd still choose the Charon over the Battlestar because you given the option. But the Battlestar is already solid as hell so I'd say your good no matter.

I want to get a squid db soon, but Im getting an aspire speeder at the end of the month.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Where in what you quoted from me did I state that it was too complicated? It was a reply quoting you. Reread your own lost I quoted and my reply that you quoted.

Are you condemning yourself and calling for the forum to reject your suggestions?
No I want condemning you at all please read what I said. I was actually agreeing with you

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Im saying I have heard people say that setting up curves is difficult on the mod, and I was commenting that I (me) think it's quite easy. Sorry if I came off as condemning you because I was NOT.

Have a great day, sorry again.

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Had alien, rx2/3, predator, ipv3, rx200s, all had problems, until i bought battlestar, i work construction and i vape religiously, ive droped on pavement, ive had for prob 5 months now! no issues at all, no misfires, no errors!! never seen complaints on forums either. i ordered a new one along with pharaoh mini rta and a smoant battlestar rta last night only because it does have expected ware and tare that would be very normal for how much i carry and vape, so not complaining i have no regrets with battlestar i highly recommend, i got one for gf too she loves it

P.S. People stay the fuck away from wizmec.

VU Sponsors