Become a Patron!

Mod Recommendation

First post here. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

I vape what I would call quite a lot, but I also like to keep things *very* simple. For at least 2 years now I think I've been using two Eleaf iStick TC40Ws and have been very happy with them. I've also been clinging to an Aspire Nautilus tank (using .5 ohm coils) because I've had terrible luck with tanks and it has been my most consistent performer by far.

Recently my first iStick died and the 2nd one, while working fine, is looking like its been through a war, so I know it's time to move on and up.

A couple months ago after reading and watching a number of positive to gushing reviews I picked up the Eleaf iStick OC 200w. I figured it was a pretty safe bet since I was already a happy Eleaf customer.

It was a disaster though. First, the tank: I love the top fill method. Brilliant. But the thing absolutely GUZZLES juice and while I enjoy flavor, I don't want to be going through juice at that insane a rate. Also, the delay in its firing is a HUGE turn off.

I could forgive that though. My Nautilus worked fine on the mod and I was pleased at first.

But then after only 2 months the batteries became imbalanced and the thing is, for all intents and purposes, dead, which after more research I learned apparently is a not uncommon problem. I've seen the vids on how to take it apart and recharge the batteries manually but forget that. The product should not have done this to begin with imo.

----

So now I'm coming to you guys for some advice on a new mod to purchase. A stable, simple, functional workhorse. I tend to vape between 32-34 watts. A great tank would be nice too, but I'll continue to use my Nautilus (I have about 40 coils in reserve). I'm really accustomed to .5 coils. For some reason I just did not enjoy my experience with any other coil, lower or higher ohm, on the Nautilus, but I'm willing to give something lower a try on a new tank.

Thanks again for any input.

Edit: I'd also prefer built in batteries. I'm aware of the drawbacks (especially after the OC 200w), but again I like simple and since my TC40s lasted a couple years I'm sure there's even better options now.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors