Become a Patron!

Mod recommendation

Hardy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I started out with a Itaste vv starter kit. Then I upgrade to an aspire nautilus tank. I don't feel the itaste mod is powerful enough to run the nautilus tank, it only goes to 11 watts. so... I'm looking for a new mod that will power the work better with my new tank. Any recommendations. Looking for something that is nice but not crazy expensize and somewhat portable. Thanks.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What kind of price range do you have in mind?

ecigdotcom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I'd def check out the eLeaf iStick. They are awesome!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Until very recently I would have suggested the Istick as well.

However, reports have started to come in where they are dying unexpectedly.

Perhaps the Smoke Groove 2 would be a good one for you.

Or one of the Hana Clones.

Or even a Vamo V6

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've found the iStick to be a great little mod (I love the size). With regards to longevity I've only had 2 (out of about 300) come back that I have had to replace. One had a problem with the circuit board, AKA it was DOA. The other had a destroyed center pin insulator on the 510 connector. I know from the one I use that swapping tanks isn't a problem but it is likely sensitive to mods that have slightly longer 510 posts and over tightening them. I suggest for anyone using these to make sure not to crank down on the tank when tightening it as it does appear to fatally damage the center pin.

The VAMO6 is also a great mod, replaceable batteries and better power regulation (IMO) than the iStick. That said it does suffer from the downfall of all tube mods which is form factor. I like them, but a lot of people do find them a bit unwieldily especially in 18650 configuration.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
or the new cloupor mini 30 watt box mod, I seen one advertised vaping cheap for $29.99, sounds like a pretty good deal. Hope this helps you

Gina3FVAPE

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cloupor recently released Cloupor Mini 30W and it's about 30$ and both VV and VW. May be you can try.

Hardy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the advice. I ended up picking up an eleaf and I'm pretty happy with it. I may get the cloupor mini also just for the higher wattage.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The problem with the eLeaf outside of the pin issue (which I also have) is it's not a long term thing. So depending on how long you plan on keeping the device, you may want to chose something that allows you to replace the battery. If you do go that route, I HIGHLY recommend getting a eGo to eGo adapter. The 510 threading is not that great and it helps with the center pin issue.
Vamos do have a pretty good reputation. I believe they use the same circuit board as the eLeaf but the device is better constructed. You will need to buy a battery for it and a charger.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your really pushing those cloupor's huh??
Should we click the link on your banner?

Cloupor has a pretty spotty record for quality. I'd purchase a IPV Mini 30 Watt over a Cloupor at this point.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im in the same boat as you, have a nautilus, 11 watts was fine at first but ive been vaping a couple months now & i have my mvp2 cranked up to 11 and its just not warm like i want. Its actually kinda cold.. nautilus with bvc can easily handle 15 -20 watts right? The 1.8 ohm coils say 3-6v where the 1.6's say 3-5. I have a pack of 1.6 & 1.8, i deffinetly preffer the 1.8, they seems to give more vapor / perform better. I think im going to get a ipv2, the one im looking at is the revised version. So its better then the original. It has a spring 510 or floating pin instead of one you have to adjust with screwdriver like the o.g, also has beefier hex screws on back so they wont strip like og, has better buttons i guess, ribbon for battery and other fixes. I'll be able to actually get a nice warm vape with nauty like 15-20w, can get a atlantis and even get a rda or rta and learn that. Istick is nice little device but its not true 20 w thats why i decided against it, you can still get like 16 or 17 watts max with nautilus , cheap to, $50, the revised ipv2 im lookin at is 100, with free 30 ml juice though :p

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im in the same boat as you, have a nautilus, 11 watts was fine at first but ive been vaping a couple months now & i have my mvp2 cranked up to 11 and its just not warm like i want. Its actually kinda cold.. nautilus with bvc can easily handle 15 -20 watts right? The 1.8 ohm coils say 3-6v where the 1.6's say 3-5. I have a pack of 1.6 & 1.8, i deffinetly preffer the 1.8, they seems to give more vapor / perform better. I think im going to get a ipv2, the one im looking at is the revised version. So its better then the original. It has a spring 510 or floating pin instead of one you have to adjust with screwdriver like the o.g, also has beefier hex screws on back so they wont strip like og, has better buttons i guess, ribbon for battery and other fixes. I'll be able to actually get a nice warm vape with nauty like 15-20w, can get a atlantis and even get a rda or rta and learn that. Istick is nice little device but its not true 20 w thats why i decided against it, you can still get like 16 or 17 watts max with nautilus , cheap to, $50, the revised ipv2 im lookin at is 100, with free 30 ml juice though :p
15 watts on the nautilus is sufficient. Imo I thought 20 was pushing it a little if you're gonna be chain vaping. I haven't used the nautilus mini in a few months though. Also I have an Ipv2 (original) and an Ipv3 and Im probably one of the few people to never strip the original screws on the ipv2 but I stripped the hex screw on the 3. Go figure

VU Sponsors