Become a Patron!

mod vapa sub1 @ 50 watts

sick1166

Member For 4 Years
I am a newbie and trying to learn quickly.
running a modvapa sub 1 they say @ 5o watts is the best my question is I am running a 100 watt tesla2
unregulated box, does this mean for a little bit it kicks out a 100 watts and thats it or does it go by my .5 coil and send the 50 or so watts it needs ?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Use Ohms Law. The tesla 2 box puts out 4.2 volts, max 100 watts. So:
upload_2016-5-2_7-58-49.png

You are getting 35.28 watts to your coil. In order to get 50 watts:
upload_2016-5-2_8-1-24.png

You would need a .35 Ohm coil.

The tesla 2 was designed for vapers who are using low buillds such as .28 (60 watts) and lower. It is a semi-regulated box, but only in the safety sense. It's a semi-mech meaning it has the safety features of a regulated box, but puts out a standard non-adjustable voltage.

I have a tesla 2 and am running a .18 Ohm dual coil dripper on it and it performs great. That's 98 watts using Ohms Law.

If you want to have 50 watts to your .5 Ohm coil, you will need a true regulated mod, or if you rebuild, build lower to .35 Ohms.

Last edited:

sick1166

Member For 4 Years
Well thanks Zamazam,
I just learned more in one question and your answer. The local store are great guys but not well informed after finding this forum has been a godsend
thanks

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
+1. No offense, but stay away from unregulated mods until you know what you're doing. Regulated mods are easier and safer.

sick1166

Member For 4 Years
too late for unregulated for battery life and eas of charging any where. the shop sold me two tesla 2 and a tesla1 for small in my pocket
i love the ease of just plugging in and not fumbling around with batters and chargers etc

VU Sponsors