Modfather Inc 30mm RTA

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've yet to see any photos of the deck. Anyone have one from the first run?

It reminds me of Boreas looks wise.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Its a larger Chamber VCMT Mixed with the Boreas...thats about it...there are many RTA's that are better all around. The deck pops out and uses the same chamber like the Boreas RTA

6f554940f7c1f87622d1edada536f715.jpg

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Its a larger Chamber VCMT Mixed with the Boreas...thats about it...there are many RTA's that are better all around. The deck pops out and uses the same chamber like the Boreas RTA

6f554940f7c1f87622d1edada536f715.jpg

It sure does resemble Boreas. Does it have jfc? Is it tied to the afc by any chance?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It sure does resemble Boreas. Does it have jfc? Is it tied to the afc by any chance?
AFC and JC is separate, there isnt a juice control, its just 5 holes where the boreas has its juice holes. the AFC is the same as the VCMT's but in the location the same as the boreas has its AFC holes.

0bfb7cc18b685a3e8aac3bb071b704d5.png
978b0cd414f0deef6eb92ce88564d67a.png

Last edited:

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ARFC and JC is seperate, there isnt a juice control, its just 5 holes where the boreas has its juice holes. the AFC is the same as the VCMT's but in the location the same as the boreas has its AFC holes.

0bfb7cc18b685a3e8aac3bb071b704d5.png
978b0cd414f0deef6eb92ce88564d67a.png
So how does it compare to the Boreas as far as vapor production and taste?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That things a monster. Just watched a review of it on youtube. $60 is a little on the expensive side for me. I'll pass.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Blatantly rips off the Boreas design shamelessly, then doesn't deliver nearly as many features. It seems really 'bland', the only upside is being bigger. Other than taking a 25mm design to 30mm, they've showed zero innovation, they've actually went back because it has no juice flow control at all.

I own one, and, other than holding more juice, having more air (too much, to the point of just inhaling from your mouth) and having a bigger deck (which the chamber handicaps slightly, like the VCMT) it does nothing better. Machining quality is meh at best, the lack of spares is in your face for the price, the price is a joke and the lack of JFC is just a why? sort of scenario. The flavor production isn't even close to that of the Boreas.

Unless you just hated the Boreas because it wouldn't fit your 4mm 10 wrap fused claptons and didn't hold up to your 4S 16.8V Lipo box at .15 ohms, there's zero reason to buy this. It does nothing the Boreas does better, it just has the benefits you would get out of making ANY device bigger, nothing more. If this had functional JFC and maybe a better fit and finish, I could see it competing with the Boreas at around the $30-40 mark, but as-is at $60, it's a purchase best avoided.

The kind of crowd this thing caters to isn't the type that runs with RTA's. This is the kind of device people who like to throw 600W+ on the daily buy to screw onto their triple series, 3S/4S unregulated lipo boxes and 300W regulated mods. There's 28.5-30mm+ RDA's that cater to this style of vaping MUCH better than this thing does, so its existence is a bit of an oxymoron as people who like to vape this way generally wouldn't like the limitations of an 18mm deck and the fact that it's a tank.

Last edited:
30mm already a no for me. My setup gonna looks funny.
And i kinda skeptic for this rta. First, guys over there praise VCMT as their fave rta, uploaded vids bout wicking tutorial so it wont leaks ect. Then come modfather and saying its VCMT killer and that VCMT leaks and so on.
But hey thats just for me.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Dude there is at least 10 VCMT Killer RTA's out right now.

The VCMT is easily beaten out by the OhmMega BFT for the 30mm and the Kaus Erbus for the 25mm.

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Blatantly rips off the Boreas design shamelessly, then doesn't deliver nearly as many features. It seems really 'bland', the only upside is being bigger. Other than taking a 25mm design to 30mm, they've showed zero innovation, they've actually went back because it has no juice flow control at all.

I own one, and, other than holding more juice, having more air (too much, to the point of just inhaling from your mouth) and having a bigger deck (which the chamber handicaps slightly, like the VCMT) it does nothing better. Machining quality is meh at best, the lack of spares is in your face for the price, the price is a joke and the lack of JFC is just a why? sort of scenario. The flavor production isn't even close to that of the Boreas.

Unless you just hated the Boreas because it wouldn't fit your 4mm 10 wrap fused claptons and didn't hold up to your 4S 16.8V Lipo box at .15 ohms, there's zero reason to buy this. It does nothing the Boreas does better, it just has the benefits you would get out of making ANY device bigger, nothing more. If this had functional JFC and maybe a better fit and finish, I could see it competing with the Boreas at around the $30-40 mark, but as-is at $60, it's a purchase best avoided.

The kind of crowd this thing caters to isn't the type that runs with RTA's. This is the kind of device people who like to throw 600W+ on the daily buy to screw onto their triple series, 3S/4S unregulated lipo boxes and 300W regulated mods. There's 28.5-30mm+ RDA's that cater to this style of vaping MUCH better than this thing does, so its existence is a bit of an oxymoron as people who like to vape this way generally wouldn't like the limitations of an 18mm deck and the fact that it's a tank.
Thank you for detailed write-up on this thing, especially including your opinion and a few specs that I cared about. You have influenced my decision to hold off on this RTA. For the price, I can pick up a Boreas, and the limitless Genny style. I might even throw in a Diablo clone in my next order as well, as I have heard nothing but good things about that tank as well.

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
30mm already a no for me. My setup gonna looks funny.
And i kinda skeptic for this rta. First, guys over there praise VCMT as their fave rta, uploaded vids bout wicking tutorial so it wont leaks ect. Then come modfather and saying its VCMT killer and that VCMT leaks and so on.
But hey thats just for me.
Where is "over there"?

You are a straight up idiot. Lol. You obviously don't own this tank, and probably came to your ridiculous conclusions by looking at pictures. You don't need jfc if you use enough cotton. So, eliminating jfc makes this tank much easier to use which is a plus and much better than others that have jfc and require you to use it. And claiming it's flavor production is no where near the Boreas is a telling sign that you don't own a Modfather. I have both and the flavor is just as good. Also, your opinion of the machining is just as idiotic as your other statements. The machining is very nice. I really wish idiots like you weren't allowed to use a computer. It would be a great service to those of us who know what we're talking about.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, I'm late ;)

I dont know...but I would say it would be close to the Boreas since it uses the same design...

It has some similarities to the Boreas, but also major difference like no Juice Control. To call this a rip off of the Boreas is like saying the Boreas is a rip off of the Aromamizor. Which we know this is not true and the Modfather is not a rip off of the Boreas or the Aromamizor.

With that said I LOVE this tank, I've got the 30mm VCMT and the Modfather is a clear VCMT killer, knocks it dead.

1. No leaking
2. Simple to wick
3. Great flavor
4. The the tank is a very fun tank

When I want to be obnoxious and blow massive clouds this is the BEAST. Flavor IMO is much better than the VCMT, the VCMT may hold a couple mil's more juice but the pain in the ass leaking isn't worth it. Plus the flavor is better than the VCMT and the ease of wicking .... yes it blows the VCMT out of the water. It's made very well and it really is a very fun tank, love it so much I bought another for my Vape Apocalypse stash and waiting for the Black one to be released so I can snag that sexy BEAST.

Favorite tanks so far in order

1. Boreas
2. Modfather
3. Griffin
4. Conqueror

Then for MTL nothing beats my SquapeRS

My Favorite beauties,

tanks_zpsxodzqy4e.jpg
squape_zpsff6xqma5.jpg

Last edited:

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine turned up yay! Liking it a lot, it has a 9.9mm internal diameter chimney which is what got me thinking I should buy one. A big chucker needs a big chimney or it is a waste of time and I think that is what makes nearly all other RTAs nothing like an RDA they just don't have the airflow you can get with an RDA. The ModFather has a decent amount of airflow, the way I built it restricts that a little but it still has pretty much the same air throughput as an RDA. I have good flavor and good vapor...not to mention a ton of joose in the tank. I will need a bit of time to really get to its best qualities but it is already worth the money so that is cool.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you also seen or tried the other build decks yet theres a 4 post block and a postless deck then a mini versions kit as well as an extra long chimney and glass god. Knows how much that one holds maybe 10ml or so i do not know yet , but already its got 3 different decks an three different tops ,maybe they will make a full steel ones yet as you can mix an match half blk an stainlees maybe

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was looking at this my self but talking 100 quid plus to buy it and its extras ,having extra build deck always useful to just quickly swap it out

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you also seen or tried the other build decks yet theres a 4 post block and a postless deck then a mini versions kit as well as an extra long chimney and glass god. Knows how much that one holds maybe 10ml or so i do not know yet , but already its got 3 different decks an three different tops ,maybe they will make a full steel ones yet as you can mix an match half blk an stainlees maybe

Did a quick Google and didn't find any accessories like decks, glass, etc. Where are you seeing them?

Edit: found them on the Voltrove site, MMMMM looks like I'm getting more stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How I see the extras...
1. Shorty Tank - Don't see why you wouldn't want one.
2. Long Tank - A lot of exposed glass. Must have massive juice capacity probably 15ml+
3. Postless Deck - Increased airflow possibly, more wicking room. Should be at least as good a velocity deck.
4. 3 Post Deck - If you want reduced 'tighter' airflow this would be a good option.

Combination of shorty tank and postless deck probably the best for #clowdzbro.
Combination of shorty tank and 3 post deck probably better for #flavorjunkie.

So definitely in for a shorty tank and might get the postless deck.
My coils are always big and would almost kill airflow with the 3 post so that is no good for me.
I have no need of 15ml juice capacity and I drop stuff so long tank is no good for me.

The driptip is great but it would be nice if they did some options in shapes / colors.

I don't need Juice Flow Control, I don't want it and never use it on any tank that has it. I am amazed that anyone ever mentions it I didn't know anyone used it. Before any tanks had juice flow control did everyone but me have leaky ass shit. No, they rebuilt them until they got the wicking right for the build in the tank - I still do that. Only time I ever notice it is when it gets accidentally closed off - then I wonder who's stupid idea it was.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How I see the extras...
2. Long Tank - A lot of exposed glass. Must have massive juice capacity probably 15ml+
3. Postless Deck - Increased airflow possibly, more wicking room. Should be at least as good a velocity deck.
4. 3 Post Deck - If you want reduced 'tighter' airflow this would be a good option.

My coils are always big and would almost kill airflow with the 3 post so that is no good for me.
I have no need of 15ml juice capacity and I drop stuff so long tank is no good for me.

The driptip is great but it would be nice if they did some options in shapes / colors.

I don't need Juice Flow Control, I don't want it and never use it on any tank that has it. I am amazed that anyone ever mentions it I didn't know anyone used it. Before any tanks had juice flow control did everyone but me have leaky ass shit. No, they rebuilt them until they got the wicking right for the build in the tank - I still do that. Only time I ever notice it is when it gets accidentally closed off - then I wonder who's stupid idea it was.
Me, I'm going to get the shorty, tall and postless. I like postless decks, I'm not a "Clouds Bro" but I really like building on postless decks, I have the Hannya RDA & RTA, Conquer RTA , Glasses RDA and love them. So the postless deck will be awesome and it's a must have for me. I'd like to get the tall ass glass and shorty just "because" ;)

As for juice control, I like being able to shut it off while filling, one of the things I love about the Boreas is the juice control is attached to the afc, don't need to worry about anything while filling.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How I see the extras...

Closer inspection, that's not just a 4 post deck, it's a series deck!

Yes, must have!

I have the Uwell Rafale X with the series deck, love it. Yep, must have!

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Closer inspection, that's not just a 4 post deck, it's a series deck!

Yes, must have!

I have the Uwell Rafale X with the series deck, love it. Yep, must have!

he he oh yeah didn't notice that but as it is called the 'series deck' it must be :D

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did a quick Google and didn't find any accessories like decks, glass, etc. Where are you seeing them?

Edit: found them on the Voltrove site, MMMMM looks like I'm getting more stuff.

Vape geek had them in they sold out noe but still got All extras in stock

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered the series and postless decks along with a shorty and tall glass.

Oh the wait is going to kill me, really, really wanna try those two decks!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally decided to get one..... After borrowing one..... Now waiting for it to arrive..... And compare to mine..... I do own The Tank by Scottua and this tank is simply amazing...... It can be run as a 4 ml or 10ml...... But I love my Boreas and The modfather reminds me of it.....
uploadfromtaptalk1470133109787.jpguploadfromtaptalk1470133123885.jpguploadfromtaptalk1470133141342.jpguploadfromtaptalk1470133160329.jpguploadfromtaptalk1470133177067.jpguploadfromtaptalk1470133194869.jpg

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my shorty, tall, postless and series in last night's vape mail. Day off today so Rossco's going to be spinning wire and having fun today!

I borrowed a friend's and I enjoyed it, so I bought one....Remember the eBay one, I got it for $71.00..... It's on the way home.... But Rocco The Tank by Scottua is really nice and a very tasty Vape..... I still wanted a Modfather due to the appearance of the Boreas and I love the Boreas....... Thanks

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my shorty, tall, postless and series in last night's vape mail. Day off today so Rossco's going to be spinning wire and having fun today!

I got the shortly now on the TANK BY Scottua it improves the taste by double since you remove the chimney tube and the mouthpiece sits almost on the deck but at 90 watts 4mm don't last very long.....
uploadfromtaptalk1470170884488.jpg

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Post a pic.... What does it look like and are there any benefits over the velocity style ?

I won't be using the series deck for a couple of days at least, I only bought it instead of the postless deck because I couldn't see the postless being a lot different to the velocity deck.

I cant imagine what @r055co is gonna use the extended tank for, I never vape the same flavor that long :D

1Ex3E12m.jpg

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I won't be using the series deck for a couple of days at least, I only bought it instead of the postless deck because I couldn't see the postless being a lot different to the velocity deck.

I cant imagine what @r055co is gonna use the extended tank for, I never vape the same flavor that long :D
I Vape too much.... 45 to 60ml daily..... These tanks are juice hogs...... So the shortly 4ml I empty Like in 20 or 25 100 watt hits.....

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have I told anyone how much I LOVE THIS TANK!

Got the postless deck in shorty, easy to build and wick, love postless decks. The shorty holds around 4ml (forgot to measure) and the flavor really comes out. I'm running a 27x2/34 SS around 0.18 ohms. I love it.

Now the BEAST!

Got the series deck with a 26x2/34 SS @ 0.73 ohms. The Tall Boy holds 20ml,holy shit! With that build cranking on a series Mod the flavor is pretty damn good. I thought it would really be muted from the tall chimney but not bad at all.

I'm going to keep an eye out for the SS shorty and Tall when they're back in stock so they can match my SS Modfather.

I really, really love this Tank!

8fef7945c0c06b8fbc098d90528c90bc.jpg

VU Sponsors