Become a Patron!

More Engraving plus a couple other things...

Brian L

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Hello again!
I just got done with a few more items and thought I would throw them up here. First, I have a couple engravings I just did today. One is a simple design on a Sick Clouds box. The other is a Sigelei 150. The Sigelei is totally wrapped in engraving. I did the entire box on this one. Took a little while to get the face laid out and aligned correctly (to avoid hitting the screen or buttons), but in the end everything lined up perfectly.
ZfaCqfCl.jpg

In case you were wondering, the hands on this Sick Clouds box are spelling out "VA VL", which stands for Virginia Vape Life.

Here's the Sigelei, which was basically meant to look like it's wrapped in a bandana:
WpPmkNNl.jpg

AjsoorBl.jpg

o3B2VSql.jpg

5KmoZL9l.jpg

qav3doWl.jpg

Aside from those, I've also been doing a little more color-filling. I did two Hammer of God mods as well as two Glacier rda's. One of the Glaciers you can see in the first photo of this post, on the Sick Clouds box, filled in blue. Here's the rest of the stuff.
XCLOuh8l.jpg

s1glu0Kl.jpg

NqiqUvfl.jpg

gq4yVadl.jpg

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Very nice work! Those look fantastic.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, you've got some talent! I'm sure some members will be hitting you up for engraving services.

Brian L

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Thank you, guys and gals!

Only problem with the IPV Mini's is it would be really hard/impossible to get a "full wrap" on them due to the rear of the mod being rounded. The laser has a very short focal length so the image would fade part of the way around the curve.

I just bought an IPV3 Li so I'm trying to think of something to do on that one.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey would you be able to do a 22mm single 18650 tube?
Only way I could think to pose that question in a publicly acceptable manner. lol

Brian L

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Yes I could certainly engrave one, but what exactly could be engraved on it would depend on the material and finish. If it's a bare metal I'd have to use the diamond engraver on it, which would limit the engraving to text or some kind of logo. Photos/illustrations will not work with that type of engraver.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Its an authentic stainless steel nemesis
Polished stainless

I would just want the original nemesis engravings redone the logo, serial number and name of company
on the mod and button also another personal kind of logo on the button as well. Which I can send you a pic of but its very simple to do and much less Involved than the nemesis logo.

Brian L

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Ah, I see - well I hate to turn away potential business, but wouldn't recommend trying to redo those engravings on a diamond drag engraver. It would look nothing like the original engravings as they were most likely done with a fiber or YAG laser, which will etch directly into bare metal. The lasers I have are CO2. They operate on a different wavelength which will not do anything to bare metal.

With diamond drag engraving you do not get the contrast that you would get with a fiber laser. There is at least one member of this board who can laser bare metal. I believe it's @RustyShackleford . You might give him a shout and see if he can get that done for you.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ah, I see - well I hate to turn away potential business, but wouldn't recommend trying to redo those engravings on a diamond drag engraver. It would look nothing like the original engravings as they were most likely done with a fiber or YAG laser, which will etch directly into bare metal. The lasers I have are CO2. They operate on a different wavelength which will not do anything to bare metal.

With diamond drag engraving you do not get the contrast that you would get with a fiber laser. There is at least one member of this board who can laser bare metal. I believe it's @RustyShackleford . You might give him a shout and see if he can get that done for you.
Thank you!!!!

VU Sponsors