Become a Patron!

More Power!

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Been vaping, amongst other things, a 70/30 juice called Blue Slush, made by a local maker, in my GS-Tank and my Protank 3 Mini, and my wife in her Nautilus Mini. It's essentially a blueberry flavour and it's pretty damn tasty, IMO.

Enter the Tobeco Super Tank Mini I bought a couple days ago. Tried that juice in it, and it was instant flood city. Juice ports in the coils for this tank are just way, way too big for 70/30. Today, on the way home, bought some max VG Blue Slush.

Now, the juice I had had in this tank, a max VG premium juice called Verdea Tea, was quite tasty, in this tank, with the .5Ω coil, at 35W. 40 and 45W just made for a hotter vape, but not more flavour.

Anyway: Put the max VG Blue Slush in and... ho hum. Essentially flavourless. What a disappointment :(. Then I thought "Hmmm... More power?" Up to 40W. Not much improvement. 45W. Bingo! Flavour came on like gangbusters :) 50W, not much change. Mainly just hotter.

So: Different juices: Different power levels. Fascinating.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep, sometimes I have to go up, and sometimes down with the power to get to the sweet spot. It all depends on the juice, and coil.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been vaping, amongst other things, a 70/30 juice called Blue Slush, made by a local maker, in my GS-Tank and my Protank 3 Mini, and my wife in her Nautilus Mini. It's essentially a blueberry flavour and it's pretty damn tasty, IMO.

Enter the Tobeco Super Tank Mini I bought a couple days ago. Tried that juice in it, and it was instant flood city. Juice ports in the coils for this tank are just way, way too big for 70/30. Today, on the way home, bought some max VG Blue Slush.

Now, the juice I had had in this tank, a max VG premium juice called Verdea Tea, was quite tasty, in this tank, with the .5Ω coil, at 35W. 40 and 45W just made for a hotter vape, but not more flavour.

Anyway: Put the max VG Blue Slush in and... ho hum. Essentially flavourless. What a disappointment :(. Then I thought "Hmmm... More power?" Up to 40W. Not much improvement. 45W. Bingo! Flavour came on like gangbusters :) 50W, not much change. Mainly just hotter.

So: Different juices: Different power levels. Fascinating.
yes you hit it on the head

VU Sponsors