Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use TFA Mtn Drink mixed with some TFA Key Lime

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
MBV has it premade but it has too much lemon taste in it to be identical, if it had more of a orange/citrus taste in it then it would be pretty spot on, the thing is the flavoring they use separates very quickly and even while its in your tank it needs to be shaken often.

Kevin Roland

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have that problem I just use dripper. Dang I had some key lime and just used the last of it. I may try that thanks for advice

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah that's it

Unfortunately that's the one I was going to recommend using at 5%.
I thought it was fairly close flavor wise, but of course no bubbles and not very sweet.
Think they're are a couple of other brands that make Dew flavorings tho.
Pretty much just Lemon + Lime I think.
Somebody else may chime in to help.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
TFA Citrus Punch is the one I use for Mountain Dew type vapes. It's not terribly accurate but so far, I haven't found anything closer.

If nothing else, you can try just using it as a base and add other complementary flavors to get it more to your liking.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
That is awesome. Gamers would probably love this flavor :D

Kevin Roland

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do just happen to enjoy playing video games. Don't get much time for them anymore but that's ok

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Flavor West Mt. Dew Type

Never tried it so haven't got a clue.

Chased2Deth

600 flavors later....
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I'm not particularly fond of either of them. FA Citrus Mix Is a great flavor but the wrong direction imo, has to much grapefruit and other nuances to be a Mt.Dew.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
TPA Citrus Punch is the closest I've found so far. Mixed with TPA Hpno it gives a reasonable approximation for me. I use it for a base for several things.

But since you don't care for Citrus Punch, that doesn't help you :(

I found FA Citrus Mix to be absolutely vile.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hmm, I haven't tried that combo yet. Thanks!
Yeah, I like it a lot and I hope you do too. Still very much an approximation though and not just 'bang on; this is Mountain Dew'. For me, I don't use more than 3% Citrus Punch and I'm all over the board depending on my mood with the HPNO 3 - 8%. Right now I'm using:
3% Citrus punch
8% Hpno
2% Capella's Raspberry

Sorta Baja Blast ish. Anyway have fun, citrus punch and hpno go really well together and you can use it to build all kinds of fun flavors.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I like it a lot and I hope you do too. Still very much an approximation though and not just 'bang on; this is Mountain Dew'. For me, I don't use more than 3% Citrus Punch and I'm all over the board depending on my mood with the HPNO 3 - 8%. Right now I'm using:
3% Citrus punch
8% Hpno
2% Capella's Raspberry

Sorta Baja Blast ish. Anyway have fun, citrus punch and hpno go really well together and you can use it to build all kinds of fun flavors.

Thanks for the recipe and info ... initially I was thinking 8 % Citrus Punch and 3% Hypno but I'll definitely give yours a try first. I don't have CAP Raspberry so I'll have to give FA a try there.

Have you tried anything along the lines of Livewire?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hate to say it as I only use a couple but I like the Flavor west version best

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the recipe and info ... initially I was thinking 8 % Citrus Punch and 3% Hypno but I'll definitely give yours a try first. I don't have CAP Raspberry so I'll have to give FA a try there.

Have you tried anything along the lines of Livewire?
Oh, I have an idea for that. So. Take your base of Citrus Punch and Hpno (again, dial the Hpno down to whatever) and add (all Capella's):
Tangerine (because it's better than most folk's orange)
Pineapple
and polish it off with a SMIDGE of apricot.

Uh, obviously, you only really need to add the tangerine to the above base to make it "live wire" ish but give it a try (pineapple/tangerine/apricot); it is BOSS when you get the ratio down. Every orange I've tried has sucked but capella's Sweet Tangerine.... mmmmm....

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I have an idea for that. So. Take your base of Citrus Punch and Hpno (again, dial the Hpno down to whatever) and add (all Capella's):
Tangerine (because it's better than most folk's orange)
Pineapple
and polish it off with a SMIDGE of apricot.

Uh, obviously, you only really need to add the tangerine to the above base to make it "live wire" ish but give it a try (pineapple/tangerine/apricot); it is BOSS when you get the ratio down. Every orange I've tried has sucked but capella's Sweet Tangerine.... mmmmm....

Thanks! That does sound good ... I haven't tried adding pineapple ( mainly just different oranges ) and while I don't currently have CAP Sweet Tangerine, I definitely going to get some now. I might as well pick up some Raspberry too while I'm at it. :D

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Let me know what you think. Personally, the base soda we talked about earlier plus *any* fruit is generally a win in my book. :)

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just rolled this up tonight, exciting I know, It's a damned fine vape. Especially so for us "dew" hounds...

Fruit_Soda.png

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Needs less apricot. Apricot cuts the sharp citrus but at 1% it is too smooth if that makes any sense.

I just rolled this up tonight, exciting I know, It's a damned fine vape. Especially so for us "dew" hounds...

Fruit_Soda.png
That recipe looks great. One here I make all the time and tastes enough like MD.

12% Citrus Punch (TPA)
3% Sour (TPA)

I use a Mini Micro Small Electric Aluminum Hand Drill from ebay to mix,
then ultrasonic for 30-min in a warm bath with cap off. Shake and Vape.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That recipe looks great. One here I make all the time and tastes enough like MD.

12% Citrus Punch (TPA)
3% Sour (TPA)

I use a Mini Micro Small Electric Aluminum Hand Drill from ebay to mix,
then ultrasonic for 30-min in a warm bath with cap off. Shake and Vape.
Yeah, it's fun, adjust percentages to taste of course but the flavor profile is nice and the apricot smooths out the citrus a bit.

Me, I use a milk frother and mix the snot out of that stuff and vape it right off of the counter :eek:

VU Sponsors