Become a Patron!

MTL RTA recommendation?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Don't understand what you mean??
when you remove the deck, there is nothing holding the glass on except an o ring
vs
there is actually a piece of metal on each side of the glass attached by the chimney holding the glass in place and eliquid cant leak out except through possibly the jfc holes

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
when you remove the deck, there is nothing holding the glass on except an o ring
vs
there is actually a piece of metal on each side of the glass attached by the chimney holding the glass in place and eliquid cant leak out except through possibly the jfc holes
Oh I get what you mean now! I see what you mean it is hard to find an RTA like that. I'll do some research though and get back to you :)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Oh I get what you mean now! I see what you mean it is hard to find an RTA like that. I'll do some research though and get back to you :)
i always thought it was very prevalent, but most of the stuff coming out in the past 6-12 months has been this open glass style which i find to be the dumbest design in the history of designs and pretty much disregard an rta as a possibility simply because of it since i find it extremely annoying on my griffin mini

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i always thought it was very prevalent, but most of the stuff coming out in the past 6-12 months has been this open glass style which i find to be the dumbest design in the history of designs and pretty much disregard an rta as a possibility simply because of it since i find it extremely annoying on my griffin mini
I'm quote new to RTA'S so I can't do much comparing. My biggest problem with designs is top airflow, the way it's made seems to make attys gurgle an spit so personally I don't see how top airflow is so good. The stupid thing is people think it will make a tank leaf proof an it doesn't at all.
It's actually down to people's poor wicking techniques when attys leak but top airflow definitely doesn't make an atty leak proof.
Can still leak out of airholes like a bottom airflow does.
People keep saying "Kylin leaks like hell" and it's like no it fucking doesn't! Learn how to fucking wick properly. This goes for a lot of RTA'S. People think, how can you go wrong with wicking but there is techniques.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You not thought of going for an RTA like the Kylin?? It's not an open tank, the deck is separate. It has metal in between the tank and deck. The liquid gets through it through an airflow control ring. Also means you can recoil without having too dump the juice. It's the only RTA I use now.
I actually prefer it to the griffin. Just make sure if you get it you use quite a bit of cotton. It's a postless deck & a quite a big deck too so is very easy to build on.
I like it cos I can put my bigger builds like aliens in. It chucks clouds without compromising flavour too.
I was using a spiral tank before this and whilst I liked it the build deck is freaking tiny. Had to use single spaced claptons which can't keep up with my 70-100w vaping

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
if i wanted another grifin style rta like the kylin, i would just get a griffin, at least i know what issues they have and how to deal with them. Im am looking into the theory of single coils being able to give more flavor then dual coils, and am looking for the right rta to test this theory with,
so far all I found is the kayfun v5

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if i wanted another grifin style rta like the kylin, i would just get a griffin, at least i know what issues they have and how to deal with them. Im am looking into the theory of single coils being able to give more flavor then dual coils, and am looking for the right rta to test this theory with,
so far all I found is the kayfun v5
I prefer the kayfun lite for the edge on flavour but the V5 gives a restricted lung hit which I prefer. I don't like a really tight draw if I'm gonna use an MTL tank.
I prefer wide airflow and DL now though, I have tried my Nautilus tanks a couple of times and it's just not for me. I don't think I could go MTL again.

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
311bc7147390d67c9446028ea3a0f403.jpg

SM-G920F Tapatalk 4 Lt
That looks like a really nice tank.

VU Sponsors