Become a Patron!

Mustro Mod/Brass Finish Question

*EDIT* I Misspelled "Munstro" in the title.

Hello,

First off, I just wanted to say that I'm somewhat new to these forums and I'm loving it so far. That being said, this is my first time posting. I was debating putting this in the Aesthetic Modifications section, but I figured this would do.

I recently purchased a naval brass Tugboat RDA and I now am interested in getting an authentic Munstro mod. I wasn't aware until recently that this mod can either come in a polished or media-blasted version. For anybody who might have any experience with these guys (especially if you have seen them in person), I am really wondering which of these types will be more similar to the finish of the Tugboat. It's not a big deal but I am quite picky when it comes to the aesthetics of the materials. In particular, I'm curious which would be a more consistent-looking setup: getting the polished version and trying to clean up my atomizer/drip tips to make them look similar, or just getting the media-blasted version (which appears to be somewhat like the Tugboat is already). From the images, the media-blasted one sort of looks almost like it has a powder-coat finish. I've never polished brass, or any metal, before so I don't have a great idea of what that process will do to the different finishes. I'm attaching images just to clarify the parts I am talking about.

Thank you for any input!
- OCD to the max

Polished version:
Mustro Polished.jpg

Media-Blasted version:
Munstro Media-Blasted.jpg

Naval Brass Tugboat RDA:
Brass Tugboat.jpg

And finally, here's the finish that pretty much all of my brass drip tips have:
Trinity Brass Drip Tip.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors