Become a Patron!

Mutation V4 XS Mini

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys!

I popped in to my local B&M yesterday after work and ended up walking out with a Mutation 4 Mini.

I am excited, it's my first mini atomizer, and I am hoping to get flavor like that of a Freakshow Mini with this guy. Being that it is the same idea, and the bottom air flow I believe it to be possible. I have a simple 9 wrap 26 Gauge KA1 build in there, wrapped on about a 2mm ID.

It's decent flavor, definitely not the best ever - but I'm working on it. Regulated device for this of course, I was vaping it at 45 watts, now up to 60 as I still am not getting the warmth or flavor I want out of it.

Does anyone have this atomizer? Or anyone with the V4 want to give me some tips on a build that can really bring out the flavor? I've got 26 g KA1, a bit of 26 g N80 left, 28 g KA1, and 20 g KA1.

I may throw a clapton in there, I've got some 34 that will work great with the 26...

But what do you guys like to do as far as air flow goes? There are so many combinations you can go with - I've been keeping the bottom airflow wide open and closing the side airflow off almost all the way.

Do you guys have any input? Dual or Single coil work better for the minis?

Thanks guys, looking forward to posting up a review when I can hone in some of the flavor with this atomizer.

savepapervapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Honestly, the Mutation is a pretty damn terrible atomizer for flavor chasing.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Honestly, the Mutation is a pretty damn terrible atomizer for flavor chasing.
Thanks... Doesn't really help me. . . in case you thought it did.

I know it's not a typical flavor oriented Atty.. However I think that with the proper builds this thing could be pretty good. It's very comparable to the FS Mini its got more airflow options and a 4 post design, so I was willing to trade the small amount of flavor for the options. Plus I loved my 3 so much, and being the mini I figured why not.

I ordered my Crown tank today as well, hoping that will reap flavor too.

Anyways I've got a dual parallel 26 gauge one strand kanthal one N80 and the flavor is actually the best I've ever gotten out of a RDA.

It's 2.3 mm ID 8 wraps and I was surprised with the flavor its putting out.

Any suggestions, maybe not specific builds but those with a Mutation 4 (Mini or otherwise) who have found a preferred ID, gauge, etc that brings better flavor I'm all ears.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Twisted 26g Ni80 with 30ga ni80 Clapton . Awesome flavor

da0a878fadf1c4bf0f63df0a79c78b02.jpg

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys!

I popped in to my local B&M yesterday after work and ended up walking out with a Mutation 4 Mini.

I am excited, it's my first mini atomizer, and I am hoping to get flavor like that of a Freakshow Mini with this guy. Being that it is the same idea, and the bottom air flow I believe it to be possible. I have a simple 9 wrap 26 Gauge KA1 build in there, wrapped on about a 2mm ID.

It's decent flavor, definitely not the best ever - but I'm working on it. Regulated device for this of course, I was vaping it at 45 watts, now up to 60 as I still am not getting the warmth or flavor I want out of it.

Does anyone have this atomizer? Or anyone with the V4 want to give me some tips on a build that can really bring out the flavor? I've got 26 g KA1, a bit of 26 g N80 left, 28 g KA1, and 20 g KA1.

I may throw a clapton in there, I've got some 34 that will work great with the 26...

But what do you guys like to do as far as air flow goes? There are so many combinations you can go with - I've been keeping the bottom airflow wide open and closing the side airflow off almost all the way.

Do you guys have any input? Dual or Single coil work better for the minis?

Thanks guys, looking forward to posting up a review when I can hone in some of the flavor with this atomizer.
Just play with it I mean IMHO the Mutation can be a cloud blower or a flavor generator I change it all the time depends on juice wattage etc I would not build it below .2 ohms myself start out with just regular coils go from there If you have some clapton tht would surely enhance the flavor

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, I bought a Mad hatter Mini... I am in love with it. Haven't touched my other attys in weeks. So much win in this one. 28/34 g Clapton was so good in it I didn't wanna take it out. :)

Matt
bd744bedea8cede7532b891c1c8d2865.jpg

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'll have to try a Clapton in the mutation.

I hadn't the best experience with it as I was trying out Cotton Bacon when I bought it, and that experience was unpleasant. I will not ever use that again. One bag gone and that's it. Done. So I'll revisit it now, gotta get some more 26 N80.

Matt

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What was your experience with bacon? I'm using that niw

I debated making a thread on it actually.

I found no matter what atomizer, what wire gauge or material, what build, what wattage... If cotton bacon was my wicking material I would get this carmalization of the cotton. Independent of juice as well. It would "burn" and turn a gross brown color almost immediately after stating to vape on it. Taste was just unfortunate, and it seemed it couldn't handle heat. I bought some "Gorilla Fur" from a B&M chain that is basically just organic cotton. I find this much better.

Steve7482

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For your mutation mini try fused clapton 26g ni80 with 40g ni80 2.5mm 6 wraps nice flavor vape.Using native wicks pima cotton

Jayvon633

Member For 4 Years
Tonight im gonna bust out the kit and coil one with some staged claptons 28/32 with 20gauge kanthal. i coild one with 22g kanthal and it came out to .09 so it wouldnt fire on my sigelei 150tc and the threads are too big to fit in my abaddon. thus the 20gauge but it will have great flavor i use 3 wrap fused claptons in the mutation x4 and it tastes great.

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I debated making a thread on it actually.

I found no matter what atomizer, what wire gauge or material, what build, what wattage... If cotton bacon was my wicking material I would get this carmalization of the cotton. Independent of juice as well. It would "burn" and turn a gross brown color almost immediately after stating to vape on it. Taste was just unfortunate, and it seemed it couldn't handle heat. I bought some "Gorilla Fur" from a B&M chain that is basically just organic cotton. I find this much better.

Hmm..mine turns into a bacon color but taste great.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmm..mine turns into a bacon color but taste great.
Mine has a funky taste and seems to ruin any vapor production either.

I thought it was weird, lots of folks love the stuff. Didn't pan out for me. Going to try some Japanese cotton soon, for now organic. Don't want to shell out the premium for VCC but I think it may be something I try down the road as well.

Matt

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the full size m4 best flavor build on it was triple twisted 26g ka1 3mm bottom air flow closed single 8 wraps I believe .

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use MX4 daily. It may not be a flavor atty by reputation but it certainly is good enough. Im using claptons as well. Perhaps that helps.

vodevil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got the MX4 as well and my favorite flavor build is a dual fused clapton, 27g/32g, 2.4mm 5 wraps. I wick it pretty tightly, not so tight that I can't get the cotton out but there's a decent amount of tension.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got the MX4 as well and my favorite flavor build is a dual fused clapton, 27g/32g, 2.4mm 5 wraps. I wick it pretty tightly, not so tight that I can't get the cotton out but there's a decent amount of tension.
This sounds almost exactly like my build on the mx4!

Jayvon633

Member For 4 Years
staged claptons work really well in it there is plenty of space. i find that they heat up a little quicker. my build it s 26g/32g clapton staged with 24g all kanthal

VU Sponsors