Mutation X, turning post?

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What the hell!? Just picked this guy up. Ran a single coil the first night. Great. Tonight I put the second coil in. Tightening the negative post and BAM! The whole thing twists on me. The post itself with coil in tow. It's brand new!!! I wasn't torquing on it either. Just getting my snug on. What gives? Anybody else?

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the authentic v1 and the negative posts are milled in with the deck, so no spinning post.
There is no good reason to get the clone of this atty imo, when the authentic is 25-35 dollars.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have the authentic v1 and the negative posts are milled in with the deck, so no spinning post.
There is no good reason to get the clone of this atty imo, when the authentic is 25-35 dollars.

Totally agree. I have the v2 & v3 and the posts are milled into the deck. Never had the positive posts spin either. Picked up my authentic v3 for $25, well worth the little bit of cash.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Totally agree. I have the v2 & v3 and the posts are milled into the deck. Never had the positive posts spin either. Picked up my authentic v3 for $25, well worth the little bit of cash.

It really stinks. Was being hasty and just tossed this in my cart while placing my first diy order. I actually thought I was grabbing an authentic. My fault on that one. Regardless. Clone or not, it shouldn't be garbage out of the box.

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fwiw, I have been burned exactly the same way. It's not a fun lesson to learn but once learned, you're wiser.

Last winter I'd ordered a Patriot clone from fasttech. I already had two tobeco Patriots I loved which were
purchased at 101vape. After several weeks waiting, the fasttech "chitriot" finally arrived. When I pulled off
the topcap, one of the negative posts (with coil attached) fell into my lap. This particular chitriot had only
one hole in the topcap, so I just used it as a single coil atty. Now, I use that chitriot deck with a plumeveil topcap
whose own deck has a melted center pin insulator. I call it my plumetriot. :D Even though it only has one
negative post, it can still manage a duel coil build if you center the coils.

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm very cautious now when I buy rda's. Very rarely will I buy an atty clone with negative posts not welded or
milled into the deck. If they're press fit, I pass. The only exception being the Steamboat rda by Lawless. I have
two of them and zero issues. Fantastic rda btw.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First clone I bought was a plume veil and the positive post literally fell out. That was the last clone I ever bought.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Bummer man. You do have to be careful. The authentic product shots (stock photos for web use) of some attys ESPECIALLY the mutation x look fake as hell, so sometimes it takes a bit of diggin to find out what you're actually purchasing. It can be real frustrating sometimes. I agree though, no product should be garbage right out of the box. That's utter nonsense.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had the same problem with my Doge X atty. My center post always comes loose when rebuilding...shit needs to be milled in like the left and right posts....I'm relating cause I believe my attty is a mix of a mutation x and a doge.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah guys, lesson learned. I'll probably just put a tac weld on both posts. I wonder if my tobh deck would work with it. I have no idea. I'm at work right now.

VU Sponsors