Become a Patron!

Mutation X V4 Authentic

IAmRob

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So after hearing great things about this rda for a while, I finally caved and got one. I must say, after only using my little boy clone as my first real dripper, this thing really has changed the game. The clouds are insane yet I'm still getting incredible flavor. The airflow on this is phenomenal. I'm definitely glad I got it, as I still haven't experienced the leaking that I thought was a certain fate. I'm running it at .6 ohms, 50 Watts and 5.4 volts on my eleaf 50 watt, its a dual coil 9 wraps of kanthal 26 guage. I can't wait to throw it on the nemesis clone mech mod I'm getting soon, when I can really see what this can do. But for now it's on my istick.

mutation2.jpg
mutation1.png mutation.png
upload_2015-8-1_3-12-40.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-1_3-13-11.png
    upload_2015-8-1_3-13-11.png
    621.2 KB · Views: 43
  • mutation.png
    mutation.png
    487.1 KB · Views: 44
  • mutation2.jpg
    mutation2.jpg
    861.6 KB · Views: 43

vapinange23

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How is that grounded? I don't know if I am seeing it wrong but I am just not getting it?

Sent from my A1-830 using Tapatalk

vapinange23

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
cf1ec4160b52dfc3b13e45f179c40dcf.jpg

My mutation! They are sweet!

IAmRob

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How is that grounded? I don't know if I am seeing it wrong but I am just not getting it?

I'm not sure I know what you mean by grounded, but my only inference is that you can't see the wire that's under the cotton passing to the negative post. It is kinda covered up if that's what you're referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vapinange23

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes that is exactly what I meant cause I couldn't see it and thought you had both of them on the positive posts! Thanks for getting back to me! BTW pretty good biuld you did! It is centered perfectly!

IAmRob

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish I could take credit for the build, but it was put in there for free by the shop lol. If I had built it I would've thrown it in the new builders corner, as I certainly can't built quite this nicely yet. But thanks for the feedback anyway!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Makes me want one even more..Still searching for that air flow to flavor combination i like...This and the freakshow are my last two hopes of finding it i think....lol

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I miss my mutation, only had the v2 clone but I wanna get one of the v4's when I have the $. That's gonna look sick on the nemesis dude :)

ChooChooTrain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After vaping with this rda for the last 2 months I have put it in the do not take back out box, it is in fact a nice looking rda but the deck holes create a leak problem. If you happen to over drip you will in fact know it because your juice will be all over your mod and hands. I'm a huge fan of the mutation x rda I own all versions, even the 26650 XL but the v4 was a huge disappointment in my "opinion " sorry all just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try the mutation v4,I suggest the authentic one,price is not expensive
Once I can afford to get new gear again I plan to, especially since the authentics are pretty inexpensive compared to a lot of other attys, mutations and clt's are my favorite quad post attys(currently working on converting my clt v2 to be a bottom feeder for my reo)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a few low air flow type attys like the mutation...i find not over dripping to work well at avoiding leaks.

ChooChooTrain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a few low air flow type attys like the mutation...i find not over dripping to work well at avoiding leaks.
In a perfect world.

vapinange23

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After vaping with this rda for the last 2 months I have put it in the do not take back out box, it is in fact a nice looking rda but the deck holes create a leak problem. If you happen to over drip you will in fact know it because your juice will be all over your mod and hands. I'm a huge fan of the mutation x rda I own all versions, even the 26650 XL but the v4 was a huge disappointment in my "opinion " sorry all just my 2 cents.

I have yet to have a problem with the v4 leaking during use! I will not lie I do always put it away in plastic thought so if it should leak in the package it is going into it's a great rda either way!!!

ChooChooTrain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have yet to have a problem with the v4 leaking during use! I will not lie I do always put it away in plastic thought so if it should leak in the package it is going into it's a great rda either way!!!

I agree it's a great rda not disagreeing with that, but juice will and does come out the bottom vent holes, I have 96 rda's and this is the first one that I have had any trouble with yes it's a well built rda but I feel it's the wrong rda for people juicing it up on the run.

vapinange23

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree it's a great rda not disagreeing with that, but juice will and does come out the bottom vent holes, I have 96 rda's and this is the first one that I have had any trouble with yes it's a well built rda but I feel it's the wrong rda for people juicing it up on the run.

I am not sure about that cause I have been carrying mine around since I fit or and then only had a problem with the juice leaking water the side top of it when I didn't dry the cotton before I but it away! We don't know if that's a common problem with them but I do know that usually after being used for a while the leaking will usually stop on its own! If you use it when you were time instead of on the run maybe this issue will resolve itself eventually and then might be usable for on the run!?!

ChooChooTrain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am not sure about that cause I have been carrying mine around since I fit or and then only had a problem with the juice leaking water the side top of it when I didn't dry the cotton before I but it away! We don't know if that's a common problem with them but I do know that usually after being used for a while the leaking will usually stop on its own! If you use it when you were time instead of on the run maybe this issue will resolve itself eventually and then might be usable for on the run!?!

Agree to disagree

IAmRob

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've found that this rda leaks when I use thinner juices. Using max vg juice I've been getting virtually no leaking. I have a feeling this might be because I chain vape, and the saturated cotton that nearly contacts the baf holes is usually vaped dry in a matter of seconds.

I just moved this on to my IPV mini ii, and the performance at 70 watts with a .38 ohm build has been producing super thick clouds that I've been loving.

Sugardonut

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've used the v4 a lot. I loved it. Yes thicker juices is a must for it not to leak. It's also a must to chuck clouds and since the bottom airflow is there the flavor is still good with max vg. I liked this rda coz it taught me how to not over drip. But now I'm liking the Sapor rda more, although I can't chuck clouds like the v4 I can still get a good amount.

VU Sponsors