Become a Patron!

mvp2 help

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ugh innokin! My mates MVP stripped out this week too. My old VTR stripped within two months. I'd dismantle it and fit a new 510. I'm sure fatdaddys would have a 510 that would suit it. Failing that you could wedge an ego adapter in there with some of that electrical metal wire. I've forgotten what it's called and then screw to that.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I tell you once you get the thing apart I still am not sure how you are going to replace that 510 adapter. I have mine all apart at the moment to do some other work and soldering.

That 510 adapter is a mess. you have to pop out a silicone disc around the back side of the center pin to see anything, after desoldering the wire. Once the silicone plug is removed you can see the negative connection better. I have just taken a look at it, but not desoldered anything because mine is fine. Then there is a rivet going thru the pot metal casting into the center that I believe you will have to grind down with a dremel or drill out. only then can you try and figure out if it is screwed in or pressed in. Not made to be replaced very easily, if you can find something to take its place. It may be easier to take a 510 air adustment or an adapter that may screw into the ego threads and not got thru the trouble of taking the thing off may be easier.
my 2 Cents.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
By the way I am not sure how you are stripping these so easily? Do not tighten so much just enough to make contact or you will push the pin and gasket out the back side on some devices. Use the outer ring on the mvp2 to hold things stable if you have to.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe one of his tanks has a slightly larger 510 thread that's rethreaded it

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You could try a tap n die kit and see if you can repair the threads if they aren't to buggard up. Or you could just get an eGo to 510 adapter.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn it! I just stripped the first few threads on mine this morning. Sounds like it gonna be a pain in the ass to fix if it's even fixable.
My Russian was only threaded into a few threads and it got knocked over and must have hit something and it just tore out the first couple of threads. I can still thread down to the bottom threads but because I'm having to use the o-ring trick to keep the pin up it means that all my attys are a tight fit now and that seems like it will only put more ware and tare on the remaining threads.
aarrrgggg!!!:mad:

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well honestly that is not a bad fix compared to taking it apart. Maybe if you pick up a tap; M7 x.5mm, you can fix the threads good enough. Good luck you guy's

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A very easy fix is to get an eGo to eGo adapter. They connect via the eGo threading so it doesn't matter if the 510 is stripped. No work, no dismantling, no hassle. Just add the adapter and you will be able to use both 510 and eGo attys. If you use one fo each MVP you have it will protect the original threading. If anything gets damaged it will only be the adapter. You can also use a tank airflow controller for mods like the Vamo to protect the threading on it. If you remove the airflow ring it has eGo threading, too. Hope this helps guys. :D

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good find i had never seen an ego to ego adapter before. That should work great rather than trying to replace it!

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good find i had never seen an ego to ego adapter before. That should work great rather than trying to replace it!
Thanks! They're hard to find as almost no vendors carry them. I use them on both of my MVPs even though the threading is fine. If a little bit of juice gets in the connection it's far easier to just rinse out the adapter. They have a lot of benefits.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I use a 510/eGo adapter on all of my mods.

Just cheap insurance and a Kanger PT ring cuts down on the Ugly

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mike, thats the adapter i bought. Had 2 MVPs do this within 4 months of purchase.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mike, thats the adapter i bought. Had 2 MVPs do this within 4 months of purchase.
It must be the cheap pot metal castings they are using. I didnt know there was that much of a problem with these things. I dont use mine that often.

Madvapes has those adapters. But I have a sneaky suspicion that most that are having problems are using cheap clones. Some are fine but some have really lousy machining and the threads on the clone could be wreaking havoc with the mvp threads.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a 510/eGo adapter on all of my mods.

Those are fine but not useful on an MVP with a striped out 510. That was what the original post was asking to fix. A 510-to-eGo adapter wouldn't thread but the eGo-to-Ego works without using the OP's damaged 510 threads. I also like using an adapter on my 510 only mods but I usually go with the Tank Airflow Controller.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Those are fine but not useful on an MVP with a striped out 510. That was what the original post was asking to fix. A 510-to-eGo adapter wouldn't thread but the eGo-to-Ego works without using the OP's damaged 510 threads. I also like using an adapter on my 510 only mods but I usually go with the Tank Airflow Controller.

Had head firmly up rear and missed the point.

Need more drugs!

But also thinking that replacing my 510/eGo with an eGo/eGo will also achieve my goal and take up less space?

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Madvapes has those adapters. But I have a sneaky suspicion that most that are having problems are using cheap clones. Some are fine but some have really lousy machining and the threads on the clone could be wreaking havoc with the mvp threads.

Vamos are also notorious for having soft threads.

Clone or not, while I cannot remember the names of the other devices, soft connectors may not be something isolated to the MVP?

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had head firmly up rear and missed the point.

Need more drugs!

But also thinking that replacing my 510/eGo with an eGo/eGo will also achieve my goal and take up less space?

Hahaha! love it!

It may give you a bit more space but it would be minimal. The advantage of an eGo-eGo adapter is stability. It's a firmer connection. It also allows you to use a beauty ring if you need it for a better look and again, more stability of the atty. 510-510 adapters are useful but can make a mod look odd. Tank Airflow Controllers are generally never used for airflow control. They're used as much nicer looking 510-510 adapter. They serve the same purpose as a 510-510 but allow for a flush mount in most cases.

Vamos are also notorious for having soft threads.

Clone or not, while I cannot remember the names of the other devices, soft connectors may not be something isolated to the MVP?

You're 100% right about the Vamo. I use a tank airflow controller on my Vamo because I know better than to trust the plated brass 510. The only problem is some people have to sand the controller's male 510 connector to get a flush mount on the Vamo but it's a once and done project. Once you get it mounted properly you never really remove it except to clean it if you have a flood. I hate finding drops of juice at the bottom of my 510 so I retired all of my leak happy Evods and put sealed Aerotank bases on all of my Protanks. That and the RTAs solved that annoyance. They really do make a solution to just about everything. lol

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first VTR threads stripped out in 2 months and has sat on the shelf ever since. So I've bought some steel based epoxy putty which I filled the thread with yesterday. I'm giving it a 24hrs to cure. I'm going to retap it today and see if it still makes a connection. It should do as the putty is very magnetic. I didn't like adding the 510 ego extension or airflow controller. I think this steel based putty is the solution to stripped threads, so long as you have a tap to rethread it of course.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i have had 3 MVP's for over a year and never stripped any threads yet (knock on wood). i suspect maybe guys don't have the finesse and delicate touch needed to handle such fragile equipment. ;)

Loving my MVP, dropped it getting into the car last thursday and stripped the threads a bit on the 510 connection. I have been babying it all weekend while searching for a fix and I believe this thread has given me the cure. I want to get the Tank Airflow controller but they don't take paypal, so gonna have to wait till next friday to order. Thank you CorallineAlgae

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A very easy fix is to get an eGo to eGo adapter. They connect via the eGo threading so it doesn't matter if the 510 is stripped. No work, no dismantling, no hassle. Just add the adapter and you will be able to use both 510 and eGo attys. If you use one fo each MVP you have it will protect the original threading. If anything gets damaged it will only be the adapter. You can also use a tank airflow controller for mods like the Vamo to protect the threading on it. If you remove the airflow ring it has eGo threading, too. Hope this helps guys. :D
To add onto this reply/answer, you should also find and acquire some thin copper tape. Wrap the eGo-to-510 adapter before you throw it on the MVP, then just attach all your atties onto it. Depending on what kind of system you're using, you may want to find a beauty ring to help complete the look. Vape on!
Edit: The eGo adapter I bought has slightly-askew eGo threads, but the 510 threads are fine. Mine came from Fasttech, if you're looking for a vendor to avoid. LoL

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I put in stock links to that item in post 9 and post 18 of this thread already. Have one on both of my MVPs.

Ah I see. What happens sometimes during a thread in forums is that someone's reply occasionally gets overlooked. How I missed it I really don't know. All I can do is apologise. Having reread the post I see that you were indeed the first to post the link.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah I see. What happens sometimes during a thread in forums is that someone's reply occasionally gets overlooked. How I missed it I really don't know. All I can do is apologise. Having reread the post I see that you were indeed the first to post the link.
Not a problem. I've done the same exact thing myself. :p

Those connectors can be hard to find.

DB Cigs

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tap, and die set may contain the solution to the stripped threads.
But I would just get the ego to ego adapter mentioned above.

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have the ego to ego adapter for my mvp with bad threads. But when I put the adapter on and screw my tank on I'm not getting a connection. Anyone tell me what I cAn do about that?

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Turn the power off on the MVP, and then pry up the center pin with a small eye glass screw driver and/or small tweezers.

Last edited:

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Turn the power of on the MVP, and then pry up the center pin with a small eye glass screw driver and/or small tweezers.

Thank you so much. I will give it a go!! Thanks for extending all my MVP's that this has happened to

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a mvp2 & nautilus. Hope i dont get this. Whats happends if its threads strip, & how do i avoid this? Just dont tighten my nautilus so far till it wont move? Ive been gettin her pretty tight on there

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I screw my nautilus down just a touch snug on my mvp 2. It's loose enough that sometimes when I adjust air flow, the tank will spin instead of the air adjustment band but just tight enough that it won't unscrew on it's own.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. at first i always tightened everything real tight till it would go anymore, once i started tightening the upper n bottom hardware just snug, just enough till i feel resistance, ive noticed more vapor, musta been to vacum sealed before.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is how you fix an MVP connector.
7YMo5ki.jpg

HXdDREf.jpg

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I replaced the stock connector with a fatdaddyvapes 510 connector. The atty is a Kayfun 3.1.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How much do they run about ? Cause I need 6 of them

Just remember they are a bitch to add onto the MVP2. you need to do some dremel work on the back side to fit the fatdaddy adapter in. you can either use the nut supplied after or use some JBweld to epoxy it into place.

as you can see they do a nice job when done. At the same time I ground the on/off pin down on the bottom so the unit will sit flat.

VU Sponsors