Become a Patron!

Mvp2 v istick comparison

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As these are the only 2 devices I own currently I thought I would post my thoughts. First of all thanks again @ConcreteBob for graciously sending me his old mvp2, I needed a backup device and once again members here are very supportive and even help out us broke bustards like myself.
This is more a comparison of durability and overall feel, not RMS v mean all that. I will say tho I run a lower wattage on the istick, as I figured I would.
First of all let me say I love my istick, small, powerful, battery has been good, however mine isn't holding a charge near as well as it used to, but that may be the cold weather or the fact I dumped an entire tank full that busted all over it, may have gotten inside a little bit, I've cleaned up in there, but it may have gotten in the board a little. Still working fine, but battery life seems to be down a little. Love the menu system on the istick, the fire button is responsive, love the size, etc, but compared to this old beat up MVP i don't believe it can remotely compare in terms of "can I drop it" accidents.
OK, so on to the MVP. This thing is HEAVY compared to the istick, & considering this particular one has a huge gouge in it where I'm sure it took a swan dive on the sidewalk, I'm rather impressed with the actual build quality. The fire button takes a manly press to get it to fire, the button is on the front and not the side, didn't think I'd like it but I'm getting used to it. Changing the settings is slow, especially since it only goes up due to one button for volts (u), and one for watts (p). The puff counter comes up first too, and u have to hold your adjustment button down a second or 2 before even that comes up. Considering what this little box I'm sure has been through I know it's gonna hold up to abuse. I ordered a $2 skin for it with my last vapor beast order that should be here tomorrow and it should take care of all the cosmetic scratches and all that. Battery life seems fine as well.
So do they both vape? Yes. Do they put out enough power to meet my needs? Yes. Can they take the abuse of a clumsy man? Istick I'm up in the air on that, MVP absolutely.
I'm actually using the MVP more now than the istick, just because I like that it is a little bigger and. I actually like the weight of it. Will still use both, but for me I actually like the bigger box and may get something in the future with a little more heft just so I'm not losing it in the couch or whatever all the time. I will take pictures when I can just to show the MVP can definitely take some punishment.
Just wanted to share my rambling thoughts, maybe it will help someone make a decision on what they should choose.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only reason I quit using my mvp2 was I moved to rebuildable's and it doesn't have the power I now need. The only flaw I ever found with it was the connector. After fixing that, I became even more fond of it. I still miss using it. Replacing the connector took a couple hours because I took my time, but the results were absolutely worth it.
7YMo5ki.jpg

HXdDREf.jpg

VU Sponsors