Become a Patron!

My brother is graduating from Army boot camp!

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just wanted to let everyone know that my little brother is finally graduating army boot camp on the 21st! I'm going down to Georgia tomorrow to see the events. It makes me proud to see another member of my family graduating from the military. We come from a long line of military family. After graduation he gets a furlough before his soft orders at Fort Bliss Texas. Can't wait to see him and can't wait to see what kind of man he has become! I wish nothing but the best for him and I hope he stays the course. :)

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's been many years ago but I still remember traveling to Georgia to visit my older brother who did his training there. Feel free to pass along my congratulations and appreciation for what he's doing.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well the graduation was incredibly gratifying. He did so well! He is now at Fort Bliss, El paso, Texas and loving it! He's off until Tuesday because of memorial day weekend. He will get his MOS as soon as in processing is done. He has his phone privileges. So at least he's able to chat and keep us updated. We're all very proud of him :)

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Congratulations for your brother this is no small thing, considering what the drill sergeants put them through !

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Congratulations for your brother this is no small thing, considering what the drill sergeants put them through !
Most definitely. 14 grueling weeks of drill sergeants lol.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Congratulations!!!! To your brother. It was no easy feet to graduate basic training. I learned things about myself and done things I would never imagine myself doing.......my biggest was heights. Got over that real quick.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you very much. My brother was petrified of heights too! He did eagle tower and was astonished how he did...although it was forced lol

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea the tower was actually not to difficult it was Jacobs ladder that had me shitten in ma pants and then the first step repelling off the tower that felt like the longest 12in in my life.that's how far from the edge to what felt like a microscopic two by four was

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
We had one called "slide for life" it was a tower with a zip line to a short tower.we were in a parashoot rig and it was supposed to simulate the sudden jerking of a parashoot opening. It was nicknamed the ball splitter .and that spot on describes how it felt

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lmfao!!!! Omg I'm sorry that is horrible to say but the name made me laugh....what branch of military are/were you in? What division and MOS if you don't mind me asking of course...

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not at all it was funny to us to till we experienced it lol I'm in the GA army national guard 88m at the 1160th transportation company in the 348th brigade

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Although I did complete basic in the 3rd infantry division in ft lostinthewoods ......kinda proud of that

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not at all it was funny to us to till we experienced it lol I'm in the GA army national guard 88m at the 1160th transportation company in the 348th brigade
After my brothers 3 years are up he plans on doing national guard as well. He's just so happy his 14 weeks are done with lol. He's over at ft bliss waiting to find out what he'll be doing. He's doing heavy artillery infantry or something like that. So he was last to graduate and get shipped off

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Although I did complete basic in the 3rd infantry division in ft lostinthewoods ......kinda proud of that
Yeah you have to complete that either way I believe to be in any branch of the army. But that's awesome man I praise you for what you do and everyone else. After seeing my brother it changed me completely. Before I was against the military and politics. Now im all for it. I love the fact that a single person goes through mind blowing and exhausting feats for their country and our protection. I have a new outlook on it seriously!

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
After my brothers 3 years are up he plans on doing national guard as well. He's just so happy his 14 weeks are done with lol. He's over at ft bliss waiting to find out what he'll be doing. He's doing heavy artillery infantry or something like that. So he was last to graduate and get shipped off
Gunna be a fister huh........but Yea I know the feeling I was so happy.my AIT was at ft.Leonardwood so I just went right across base and boom AIT started.I was there for a total of 18weeks but the last 7 were easy.just drove LMTVs and PLSs around .

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I still wish I would have went active instead of NG.would have been whole hell of alot better.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah yes good call on that. If my brother does NG he will need to think about that as well. We'll see how he feels after his time is up. Although if he does stay active he could really make a nice living and retire relatively early in life.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My military service is what got me the job(the whole company is compiled of ex military and NG) I would stay active as long as they would keep him.my dad retired from 23 years air force and I had a relatively care free chilhood growing up.its is easy to find a job after service or while being in the NG.hell most places want ex military personnel.it takes a huge part of the interview process out of the picture

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My military service is what got me the job(the whole company is compiled of ex military and NG) I would stay active as long as they would keep him.my dad retired from 23 years air force and I had a relatively care free chilhood growing up.its is easy to find a job after service or while being in the NG.hell most places want ex military personnel.it takes a huge part of the interview process out of the picture
That is so awesome to hear that. I'm very happy to know that my brother's future will be well placed. Whether he stays active or goes to NG. Either way at least I have proof of someone else's story to further keep up his morale!

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh Yea his future is bright either way. Oh tell your brother to Stay Frosty and keep his head down. He will know what I mean.but its off to bed for me night man and congratulations to you brother

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh Yea his future is bright either way. Oh tell your brother to Stay Frosty and keep his head down. He will know what I mean.but its off to bed for me night man and congregation to you brother
Goodnight bro! Thanks for the chat it was really nice. Come back to the topic anytime! I will keep this updated when I know further!

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No he's still in processing lol. But he got a new tattoo on his downtime lol

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice .....he is private rich right now (that's what the DS called privates that blow money after basic) but Yea I did the same

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice .....he is private rich right now (that's what the DS called privates that blow money after basic) but Yea I did the same
Lol yeah he's having a blast. He's getting paid for doing absolutely nothing. I'm just surprised he hasn't immersed himself in the food there. Instead he's eating the usual suspects like taco bell, burger King and mcds hahahha

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow....the food in the defaq was some of the best food I have ever had.I tried the burger king on base and it was nothing compared to defaq food...and its free

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow....the food in the defaq was some of the best food I have ever had.I tried the burger king on base and it was nothing compared to defaq food...and its free
Buffalo wild wings and Texas roadhouse should not count lol! But it's whatever he wants to do.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nope should not count but he is on top of the world and if that's what he wants to eat I'm not going to stop him lol

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well my brother got processed finally. He started today. I will keep this post updated as I know more.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My brother blew through 3,000 dollars in a month lol! He has been going to bars and strip clubs in El paso hahhahaha. I had to wire the little douchebagger 300 dollars so he can supplement until his girlfriend comes over to visit him.

As far as I know he's going to Kuwait next year for his next station, but that can very easily change by then. I will update more as time goes on :)

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea humid to say the least lol ......when were you there?

"War,war never changes

Only The Means of Destruction"

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I realize that I'm coming into this a bit late but congratulations to your brother!

I'm guessing that he graduated from Fort Benning?

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes that is correct. Currently stationed at Ft. Bliss

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fun Fact- I was born on base at Fort Benning... lol father was in the Army at that time

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fun fact - I was born on base at camp Lejeune. I'm a marine baby. Dad was stationed there :)

misterJ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea humid to say the least lol ......when were you there?

"War,war never changes

Only The Means of Destruction"
Don't remember the exact year, it was a year before 911.

LUCKILY they kicked me out for paperwork discrepancy! I would not give my life for oil money!

VU Sponsors