Become a Patron!

My first DIY attempt

dm450

Member For 1 Year
Well, package arrived today with all the supplies needed to make my first bottle DIY juice. Of course I had to try my hand at GOC. Few questions though.

1. Will I be disappointed with 100% VG? I used no PG in this recipe
2. How long does it need to steep?

IMG_0532.JPG

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, package arrived today with all the supplies needed to make my first bottle DIY juice. Of course I had to try my hand at GOC. Few questions though.

View attachment 121769
@wllmc says it’s a shake and vape. I steep it for two weeks or so to smooth out the custard.

Most flavors have a bit of PG in them(unless they specifically say VG based). PG is what carries the flavor, but it’s thinner and you wouldn’t get a lot of clouds. VG will give you the clouds, but not quite as much flavor, but plenty enough. You should be just fine. Many people vape max VG and enjoy it.

Good luck in your diy journey!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 121769
You're the second person I've seen recently that uses my same puke green painters tape! Only the best mixers label with that stuff ;) lol. My roll is running out soon so I hafta get another one somewhere.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 121769

Woot Woot! I've vaped max VG for the past 3 -4 years so any recipe of mine you find posted will be good for max VG sub ohm set ups :) Let me know how you like it :)

Also since I am a great candidate to answer these questions lol pretty much any recipe of mine you see unless otherwise noted in the description is a good shake and vape recipe. Everyone has their own personal preferences about aging juice but a solid recipe normally is good from day one and day 300, of course there are those few exceptions here and there where a good steep makes a difference. For GOC its all preference but no steep time is mandatory I happen to like it fresh myself.

dm450

Member For 1 Year
Woot Woot! I've vaped max VG for the past 3 -4 years so any recipe of mine you find posted will be good for max VG sub ohm set ups :) Let me know how you like it :)

Also since I am a great candidate to answer these questions lol pretty much any recipe of mine you see unless otherwise noted in the description is a good shake and vape recipe. Everyone has their own personal preferences about aging juice but a solid recipe normally is good from day one and day 300, of course there are those few exceptions here and there where a good steep makes a difference. For GOC its all preference but no steep time is mandatory I happen to like it fresh myself.

I didn’t have to spend much time in the recipe section to figure out that this had to be my first recipe!

Now if I could just get off work and get home to try it.

dm450

Member For 1 Year

OMG it's DELICIOUS!!!! Much thanks for sharing this recipe with the world!

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm not a believer in shake-and-vape. There is a chemical reaction that has to occur within the liquid for it to be fully steeped. If the flavoring is strong enough it may be able to mask the fact that it is not steeped, but I think the experience would be better letting it sit.

When I was doing 70/30 it took about two weeks for my juices to become viable. I switched to 65/35 and that moved it more towards three weeks. Did the switch because higher VG is thicker and doesn't seep into the cotton fast enough for my taste.

VU Sponsors