Become a Patron!

My first RDA build.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, so kind of a complicated question for my first post. Hopefully I'm not being difficult.

So, I've been using a Protank III on an EGo C-Twist for a while, but I want to take it up a notch. Also, I haven't quite kicked the cigarettes yet so maybe this will help. Regardless, it sounds fun, and I like my electronics.

I've got my eye on a Steamboat RDA for an atomizer. I'm not too fond of the excessive logoing, but the price is right, and I've heard a lot of great things about it.

As far as what I'm looking for out of it, I'd prefer a slightly cooler vape, something similar to a cigarette. I don't want something that is going to tear my throat up.

Aside from that I don't know much. Should I be going for single or duel coil? What ohms should I be shooting for? I've heard 28ga kanthal is a good starting point. I'm pretty sure sterile cotton is the best wicking material for the money, but again, I don't really know what I'm talking about.

As far as the power source goes, it seems pretty straight forward. Get a mod, put a battery in it that matches your ohms ratting, and go. I'd love to be corrected though.

Anyway, thanks for being here. Hopefully I get all of my facts straight and can learn something from the vets on this site.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Steamboat or tobh are good RDA. but drippers unless tiny holed like some need a lung inhale not a mouth to lung.
Mechs..I prefer copper or brass, nemmies can be had for a song.
Batteries LG HE2 or sony vtc 4-5 or purple efest and you have a good safety margin.

28 ga is good, single or dual set ups, 6-8 wraps and you are not to far down the sub ohm rabbit hole.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steamboat or tobh are good RDA. but drippers unless tiny holed like some need a lung inhale not a mouth to lung.
Mechs..I prefer copper or brass, nemmies can be had for a song.
Batteries LG HE2 or sony vtc 4-5 or purple efest and you have a good safety margin.

28 ga is good, single or dual set ups, 6-8 wraps and you are not to far down the sub ohm rabbit hole.

Cool. Thanks for the reply. I'll look into something around those lines. As far as lung inhale, I've done it before. If I take the tip off of my Protank, it's wide enough to accommodate so it shouldn't be too new.

VU Sponsors