Become a Patron!

my first time diy

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just ordered some 50/50 with 24mg premix base and some Salem flavor concentrate. I need to know how much base and how much flavor to mix. I'm going to mix it in a 10ml needle bottle. I tried to use a liquid calculator but it didn't work with the premix nicotine base. Is there one that does? Thanks

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just ordered some 50/50 with 24mg premix base and some Salem flavor concentrate. I need to know how much base and how much flavor to mix. I'm going to mix it in a 10ml needle bottle. I tried to use a liquid calculator but it didn't work with the premix nicotine base. Is there one that does? Thanks

There is a reason it didn't work and THAT is what you should be asking. There are reasons to use a calculator and not knowing what you are doing is definitely one of many. Don't dismiss it as you need to use a different one.

The questions you asked can not be answered with the info you gave.

You really should be doing some reading to get things figured out before you mix. Wish I could be more help.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The ejuice calculator that I use will allow you to enter your premixed base. Remember that any flavoring you add will reduce your nicotine content and increase your pg to vg ratio. Depending on what flavours you use will affect the ratio. Fa is much more concentrated so you don't need much.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use 20% flavour. Most use 7-10%. If you just add that much you won't really notice any real difference in the nic hit.

Calculator? Where we're going we don't need calculators! (Well maybe some do. But diy is like cooking. Eventually you will intrinsically judge for yourself what's right)

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry but I have to go with LD here. I would suggest that the OP at LEAST take the time to read thru the DIY section. All of the info and tutorials that you need are already there if you are willing to look. I understand the enthusiasm and I love that more people are wanting to DIY but just like you need to know battery safety before you should EVER build a coil or touch a mech, you at LEAST need to understand how to work a simple calculator before you start playing with nicotine...period. I agree with Hobby Kid that the flavoring part is subjective..but FFS...at least know what you're doing with the "dangerous poison" that the ANTS are trying to take away from us. Not that 24 mg is gonna hurt anybody but, all we need is one silly accident to give "them" more ammo against us. Just sayin'......

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@jsr27
Let's get this clear then because this is what I'm thinking --- is it that you have a readymade liquid which is 50/50 pg/vg and with the nicotine already mixed in it? In which case ^^ what I said. Or do you have a 50/50 and a separate bottle of nicotine liquid which is 24mg strength?

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@jsr27
Let's get this clear then because this is what I'm thinking --- is it that you have a readymade liquid which is 50/50 pg/vg and with the nicotine already mixed in it? In which case ^^ what I said. Or do you have a 50/50 and a separate bottle of nicotine liquid which is 24mg strength?
That's what i do because math is hard

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And yeah with flavoring it's probably slightly less than 12 mg but w/e

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what i do because math is hard
Yeah, I've bought pre/readymade before from tot.wicked. It's basically tasteless juice, nic'd up and good to go. You can actually vape it as is. Some vapers don't even bother adding flavour. I wouldn't vape without flavour though.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds like a 50/50 24mg base to me...
24mg is kinda strong IMO, as I started at 18mg and had to cut back to 12mg.
So, you may need some plain PG and VG for dilution.

Have not used that Salem flavoring tho.
Try 3% to start with, you can add more later if needed.
It's (point) .3ml of flavoring in 10ml base.
Usually 3-4 drops for .1ml, (if it's a dropper top bottle)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's right. Usually with a DIY starter kit the vendor normally offers the addition of choosing between an extra bottle of vg or pg.

Tbh tho Heabob I started at 24mg then moved up to 36! Sounds crazy. It was to strong even for smokers. But we were chatting to someone in the welcome section who was saying his adv is 50+mg and occasionally higher, like 72mg. It's awesomely high. But not as high as it would seem to suggest.

Just as a point for anyone who cares to know: Pure nicotine is 1000mg / one thousand mg.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
24mg is a good place to start IMO but we have no idea what the OP usually vapes.
They may vape 24mg or maybe 3mg, who knows?

I'm guessing the problem the OP had was starting with 50/50 and wanting to just add flavor and end up with 50/50 mix which is not possible. Just a guess because there is so little info to go on. If OP wants to give us more info on what they are trying to do then we will better be able to help.

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks a ton for all the replies. OK I'm using a bottle of 50/50 premixed and 24mg nicotine all mixed together from the man factor. All I have to do isadd the concentrated flavor and thathat's it. Do I need to add distilled water? I've tried some calculators but don't understand them. Is there one that will work with my premixed pg VG and nicotine base? I would like to keep my 24mg level but understand if it gets diluted. Let me know if you need more detailed info. Thanks

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You don't need to add any water. Do you have any flavors? If so, what brand and what is it? All brands are different and all flavors of any brand will be different.

You can just add flavor to what you have with no problem. Your final mix will be less than 24mg depending on what flavor/brand you use. Your PG/VG ratio will not be 50/50 either because most flavors have PG. Again depending on how much is needed will determine the final ratio.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I buy 100% vg nic base 12 mg and add flavor to taste ends up being 80/20 10mg rough estimate

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks a ton for all the replies. OK I'm using a bottle of 50/50 premixed and 24mg nicotine all mixed together from the man factor. All I have to do isadd the concentrated flavor and thathat's it. Do I need to add distilled water? I've tried some calculators but don't understand them. Is there one that will work with my premixed pg VG and nicotine base? I would like to keep my 24mg level but understand if it gets diluted. Let me know if you need more detailed info. Thanks
adding a tiny (and i mean tiny!) bit of water will give it a good hit, but it might be a bit rough for you. However, water quickly attracts and carries bacteria. This has been a controversial issue on diy forums for a few years now with no conclusive answer. It's one that's also brought up when discussing which water to use (distilled, deionised etc) in some air conditioning units and humidifiers. The best or safest thing is when using water just don't make any more than a days worth. But in my opinion you don't need to use water.

VU Sponsors