Become a Patron!

My First Time...

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
in a whole year I have not smoked a single tobacco cigarette. Not even a cheater puff.

All thanks to the e-cig and advice from my fellow vapors on how to improve my new vaping choice.
Now when I smell the evil smoke from afar instead of having the urge to bum a cigarette, I feel sorry for the person still smoking.

Cheers to all that are on the same path. You can do it too.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Greetings and welcome!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome and congratulations!

What kind of gear are using and what flavors do you enjoy?

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome, and keep on vaping.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a Vamo V6 and a couple of clone mech mods. Also 2 ego's that are leftover from when I started vaping. I used to have 4 of the ego's, but they do die as did the Vamo v5 which I was very sad when the right tiny button broke. I still like the ego's for being pocket friendly and would buy again.
Two RBA's which I use once in a while as I am more of a tank guy. The I-Atty is the one I use the most, though the flavor one gets from a Kayfun is hard to beat.I have a few glassomizers that I got before getting into rebuilding. I am all out of ready-made coils for them. They are on the rebuild list too.
I only do DIY e-liquids as I have a blast coming up with "new flavors". I have shared some of my better mixes in the DIY section.

I read far more then I post in this forum.
Cheers.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read far more then I post in this forum.

I subscribe to that. I started using ego blister kits to stop smoking, so far, so good. I am interested in upping my game, but all looks very complicated at this point. I just ordered a couple kanger v2's for my 900mah ego batt.
For now, Im just happy with satisfying my hand to mouth addiction. But I am curious on mixing my own flavors. menthol, peppermint being base, helps open my sinus's.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you use menthol, start with a very small amount, that stuff is strong.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I figured I would just use a 1/4 pg menthol, and then ad 3/4 whatever flavor Ide like to "tint" it with.
The vapor tech menthol is hella strong. 1/4 cut should do.

Thomas L

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good job! I stop smoking cigarettes but I still smoke a cigarette here and there. I need to accomplish that goal without a puff of a cigarette for a whole year. That's a tough one but congrats on doing that!

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congratulations! It is an awesome feeling to know that you have broken tobacco's hold on you, isn't it?

I am on day# 393 since I smoke my last cigarette. I don't call it a "cheater", but last NYE a friend of mine that quit smoking by switching to vaping a year earlier and I bummed a Marlboro from someone at the party and went outside just to see if we still liked to smoke. Between the 2 of us, we had smoked for a combined total of 57 years. He lit it and took 2 puffs. The first puff looked normal, but he started gagging when he took puff #2. He handed it to me, and I took a puff. I started to gag before I could fully inhale it. I couldn't get it down, and I couldn't stand the taste of it. It served it's purpose, which was to confirm for me that I was indeed, done with cigarettes. That was only 56 days after my last cigarette, which I put out when I realized that I found vaping to be more enjoyable than smoking. I have not had a single craving for a cigarette all year. My wife still smokes, and frequently hands me lit ones to hold for her. There are cigarettes in my house all the time. I don't even think about them any more. To me, vaping is an absolute miracle. I was sure that I would have smoked until it killed me...

Good job! I stop smoking cigarettes but I still smoke a cigarette here and there. I need to accomplish that goal without a puff of a cigarette for a whole year. That's a tough one but congrats on doing that!

"Here and there" - you know what? That is perfectly fine. If everyone who smoked only had one "here and there", there would be a hell of a lot less sick and dying people. I wouldn't worry about it. Congratulations on getting it under control and keeping it at a manageable level.

VU Sponsors