Become a Patron!

My Girl is Pregnant can she still vape?

Jarod Wall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just found out 15 minutes ago that my girlfriends pregnant we both babe and want to know if it's safe for her to vape still

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I tried to ninja edit, lol. Not quick enough. I have no idea, someone else may. Again, why risk it? 9 months will go by pretty quick.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know the nicotine isn't good for the baby since it constricts blood vessels. Not sure how 0 nic would be. No way you're going to find a doctor that will tell you its safe and if he does I'd consider a new doctor. Like TBC said, its 9 months. Its not worth the risk.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My wife just went through the same thing. She considered 0mg, but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the risk. My son was born 7 weeks early and extra small, so now the debate is whether or not she can vape 0mgs and breast feed. His lungs are so tiny and his immune system is fragile, so for now she's still not vaping and I'm doing it outside. In the end , it's her (and to lesser degree your) call, but I don't think there's a lot of data out there and it's probably better safe than sorry.

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok here is why my dr. Said about SMOKING..she said the stress you put on the baby could be as harmful as smoking. I smoked when i found out i was pregnant with my now 1 1/2 healthy year old. I ended up not smoking or vaping. Either subconsciously or my body saying no...i never went through withdrawal. I started smoking again when i went back to work and about 2 weeks later started vaping and never went back. Also a pregnant woman's body craves water so you drink more. Id ask. I was lucky i could quit cold turkey and not have any effects..some not so much. And i will add i was 36 at the time. He is my miracle baby!!! Ceaser mama loves you!uploadfromtaptalk1408878184000.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think this is a good answer:

ScottP said:
Really too much nicotine (or caffeine, or alcohol, or many prescription meds for that matter) can cause the newborn to have withdrawal symptoms after birth. As for vaping 0 Nic, there have been zero studies done on this topic. Ideally mom should be on prenatal vitamins and healthy food. However, if the choice is vaping or smoking, I would still go with vaping....as infrequently as possible and with the lowest nic as possible.

Source: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-vaping-discussion/408277-pregnancy-vaping.html

I would stick to the concept of GIGO.

You're building a new lifeform, so unless you want to risk a special needs kid for the rest of its and your life, put good stuff into it. ;)

BTW, exhaled vapor does not have much, if any, nicotine in it. But, vaping as a pregnant mother, I'd be very careful.

You don't get a do-over.

Last edited:

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't chance it!!!!!! Just imagine the tremendous guilt you will feel if the baby is born with health issues possibly caused by vaping and how it could have been avoided......That being said, congrats on becoming a family!

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok here is why my dr. Said about SMOKING..she said the stress you put on the baby could be as harmful as smoking. I smoked when i found out i was pregnant with my now 1 1/2 healthy year old. I ended up not smoking or vaping. Either subconsciously or my body saying no...i never went through withdrawal. I started smoking again when i went back to work and about 2 weeks later started vaping and never went back. Also a pregnant woman's body craves water so you drink more. Id ask. I was lucky i could quit cold turkey and not have any effects..some not so much. And i will add i was 36 at the time. He is my miracle baby!!! Ceaser mama loves you!View attachment 4323

@cheetodog. Very cute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Forgot to say congrats, too. I was focused on the question. Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and will make the right decision.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Congrats to everyone!

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Congrats to you and your girlfriend.

+1 on talking to your doctor first and foremost.

Another good rule to consider: the fetus will inhale, ingest, etc. the exact same things as your GF. So if any activity offers even a shred of concern, the answer should be a simple but strict "NO."

Jarod Wall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks you guys and gals for all advice. Yeah y'all are right I would say a no go on the vaping for her for the next 9 months.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm no doctor, but NO. Nicotine is not good for a developing baby.

Don't know about 0 nic, but why risk it.
Actually I think it's the carbon monoxide in smoking...reduces the ability of your blood to carry oxygen (ever wonder why it takes longer for smokers to heal) same for developing kids...smoking reduces birth weight...probably because mammas blood isn't carrying enough oxygen for her and the baby's development.

but I ain't a doctor...

VU Sponsors