Become a Patron!

My girlfriends b-day is coming up... Tube mech time!

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We started vaping together around 8 months ago. I went off the deep end buying a ton of stuff and really enjoying learning and having an all encompassing hobby. She's just happy to have a working mod, a charged battery and a full tank of juice.

Or is she?

A couple of months ago she commented about my goon saying that it was better than her baby beast. Naturally I bought her one. I've got maybe a dozen mods, mostly squonkers (of which she's commandeered a few!), but when I grabbed an envii heretic tube mod she fell in love. I told her that if she learns battery safety (I'll quiz her. No biggie, she's an environmental engineer, she can handle ohms law and common sense) I'll buy her a tube mech.

So I'm new to tubes. I only have two. My concern is mainly aesthetics. These are what I'd prefer.

1. Compact-ish. 2x700's are cool. No stacks or 26650 's.

2. Classy! She loves the abalone button on my heretic.

3. Safe. I'm okay with the exposed button on my av able because I'm always aware of it. I'd prefer hers had a recessed button. I'm not concerned about a hybrid cap. I will make certain she understands why they can pose a threat if they are not paired with the right atty. Performance is important though so a hard hitting hybrid is preferable.

4. Price. Anything up to $200 is a go. If you like something more expensive please list it anyway. I might entertain the idea of spending more.

5. Once again... Style. I'll look at any recommendation, but looking at the heretic, she values the understated look of the flat black finish, the simple matte gold plating and beautiful button. I'm thinking stab wood, abalone, a really nice resin maybe for the button. Please no copper or brass. I love maintaining MY things so those metals would be great for me but she will hand it to me when it gets dirty and I have enough to do...

I think that covers it. If I'm missing anything let me know!

Thanks
ef7d3e42cab43d5a54c33c2aa0acda17.jpg
7dfeba343bf308632b1643d74450a2a3.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a simple mod with recessed button I love my Smpl mod. There are always better ones though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could take a look at the Limitless Sleeve Mods. As for compact and easily portable, the Aluminum Body one I have is incredibly light...matched with the Titanium Goon by Lost Art, a 30ml bottle of juice weighs more than the mod (including battery). Only removable section being the fire button Assembly makes it easy and that also makes it hit hard with a direct battery to atty connection. Sleeves are all over and customizable, so that could help with aesthetics (all they had when I got mine was this ugly hunter orange lava flow sleeve).
89505cd3f85934738baba51187368894.jpg

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think @gadget has some mechs for sale in the hardware section. Tugboats maybe I can't remember

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would it be acceptable to buy a new Rig or Broadside and give her my Heretic?

Damn. I *really* shouldn't be window shopping. I ended up buying an Asmodus Luna and a Squid Industries Double Barrel V2.1

Well at least I didn't get the Limited Edition. :/

Okay, back to looking at stuff for HER...

Btw, excellent suggestions so far guys. You know, I didn't even know we had an exchange here. If I wasn't screwed before...! Something tells me Malia is getting a seriously dope (read- guilt induced) mech mod for her b-day.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would it be acceptable to buy a new Rig or Broadside and give her my Heretic?

Damn. I *really* shouldn't be window shopping. I ended up buying an Asmodus Luna and a Squid Industries Double Barrel V2.1

Well at least I didn't get the Limited Edition. :/

Okay, back to looking at stuff for HER...

Btw, excellent suggestions so far guys. You know, I didn't even know we had an exchange here. If I wasn't screwed before...! Something tells me Malia is getting a seriously dope (read- guilt induced) mech mod for her b-day.

Just check the trading feedback on the seller. @gadget has what I think 5 mechs for 60 bucks. And he's a great person to deal with. If I used mechs that much I'd have bought all of them already for sure.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my room mate says her favorites so far are the petri lite, raven and her precious skeleton key.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my room mate says her favorites so far are the petri lite, raven and her precious skeleton key.
I've got a skeleton key clone that I put a patina on. I love it but the bottom isn't as smooth as the authentic that's for sure

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If we're talking favorites, the Broadside and Admiral top my list, but the 11:11, RX Machina, Ultra 24k, Tomahawk X, and Subzero X are all right up there.

The safest would be the Broadside (sleeve and 510 pin), and RX Machina (510 pin).

The smallest is the Tomahawk X (18650), and the Ultra 24k (20700).

The Subzero X, 11:11, Broadside and Admiral all use clutch systems for the switch... very efficient. The Ultra 24k, RX Machina and Tomahawk X all use magnets at top pressing the battery down... rather ingenious.

All except the Subzero X have recessed switches. The Subzero X has a 1/4 turn locking mechanism.

The Broadside can, with an additional piece, be stacked for series builds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors