Become a Patron!

My homemade 100% solid pure fine .999 silver mech mod

Just thought i would show off my newest homemade mod. It isn't perfect, but I learned alot making it and i am already working on a second one.

As i said, it is solid .999 silver. I had a place use a mill to roll me a sheet for the tube. I completely failed in soldering it together though. I ended up destroying the edges, and had to cut them off. To complete it i hammered out a sheet myself, blacksmith style. Took me a good 5 hours to pound out. Nothing really holds it in other than the end caps. I hammered out the end caps myself too. I made my own extruder by cutting a hole in a thick piece of aluminum plate. I used a piece of 1" copper pipe to form around, and used silver bullion coins as a start. I pounded the copper pipe into the silver coins placed over the hole. This took like 3 hours+ each. Lots of annealing. It is a hybrid basically. I didn't have a tap for the threads, so i made one by cutting grooves into the threads of an old cig-a-like cartridge. As i said, basically it is a hybrid, no center pin at all. The button assembly i made from Styrofoam that i dissolved in acetone and added cornstarch to, basically making my own plastic clay. Them are white. The blue one is a plastic i made myself with a base of polyvinyl acetate. All contacts are solid silver that i pounded out and shaped myself. The button design is unique, and when the button is pressed, it bridges the gap between the two contacts. There is a magnet embedded in the plastic behind the contacts, for use as a magnetic spring. There are also a few other magnets strategically placed in the plastic that keep the button itself from flying out. So it is held back and in by magnetic fields. The button itself is held together by magnets. It is a glass tube with a piece of silver on each end. Each piece has a magnet glued to it, and a few small magnets attached to them magnets to balance where the button holds to in the assembly. The electricity only travels through silver metal. In the mod, the only nonsilver parts are the button assembly plastic, magnets, and glass tube. It uses two stacked 26650 LiFePo4 batteries. The same type as used in car jump starters. They are rated like 70 amp continuous and i believe 140 amp peak. They definitely can take some abuse. I had some short out in another copper mod i made. I was away from it for like 5 minutes. Came back and my plastic delrin drip tips had melted off and i couldn't touch the mod with my hands. I managed to get it out of the vehicle and taken apart. I thought the batteries would be toast. Nope. Still use them. I have 72 of these batteries. I'm shooting for perfection in the second one. Also working on a solid silver RDA.

Attachments

• IMG_20170618_183920.jpg
    IMG_20170618_183920.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20170618_183638.jpg
    IMG_20170618_183638.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 132

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks crude but I'm thinking that thing is gonna hit like a train! Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk