Become a Patron!

My mix flavour is fading

MalooGaming

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi , i made up a peach and cola batch 30ml with flavour art concentrates, it tasted amazing for the first day and now i can barely taste anything , im running a smok cloud beast so pretty good for flavour tasting.
I mixed 50/50
10% peach
7% cola.
And 3 mg of nic (hiliq nicotine)
Have i just over flavoured or what ?
Ive done a peach mix at 5% by itself and it was good for a few days but a friend said it didnt taste like peach anymore after a few days and that had no nic in it .
Please help :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
To me, those percentages are definitely high, but that's my take on it. I've never used Cola over 2%, but my norm is about 1% on that one. With the Peach, do you mean White Peach, or just the regular one?

MalooGaming

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To me, those percentages are definitely high, but that's my take on it. I've never used Cola over 2%, but my norm is about 1% on that one. With the Peach, do you mean White Peach, or just the regular one?
Really? Always got told to start at 5% and work my way up, its just normal peach by flavour art

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA (not Fa) percentages are lower than Fa / CAP percentages as a rule .. the amount of starting flavor %'s vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, as well as individual flavors. There is no 'rule' that will work for all as each company has exceptions. TFA and CAP 'usually' use 4% to 10% while FA is 'usually' 1 to 2 % .. but a lot depends on the flavor and total amount of flavors as well. Plus keep in mind that MORE is not always better.. over flavoring is real and will work against you. Maybe take some time and check out some of the recipes others have made to get a better feel for it . Look for Recipes with discussion of why the flavors are working etc.

MalooGaming

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FA (not Fa) percentages are lower than Fa / CAP percentages as a rule .. the amount of starting flavor %'s vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, as well as individual flavors. There is no 'rule' that will work for all as each company has exceptions. TFA and CAP 'usually' use 4% to 10% while FA is 'usually' 1 to 2 % .. but a lot depends on the flavor and total amount of flavors as well. Plus keep in mind that MORE is not always better.. over flavoring is real and will work against you. Maybe take some time and check out some of the recipes others have made to get a better feel for it . Look for Recipes with discussion of why the flavors are working etc.
Thank you for the advice :)

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Different brands strength ratios alter greatly. FA, Inewera and a few other generally are much low than say Capella and TPA. But I wouldnt even go by those rules as some brands different flavours strengths alter greatly too. There are INW concentrates I would use at 7% and some I wouldnt go above 1 drop per 10ml. I would recommend google searching them under e-liquid recipes site as you can see the min/max and average people are using in recipess. Is pretty helpful when trying a new concentrate you havent used before.
On your recipe, I would guess it has faded due to over flavouring yes. Dont think I have gone above 3% ever on the peach or cola and I like strong flavouring too. Id probably try it at about 1/4 of the percentages and see how it is then.

VU Sponsors