Become a Patron!

my notes on FlavourArt Melon Cantaloupe

As a Georgia Boy....we put salt on everything......:D
My grandparents did too and my Dad always dipped his radishes and green onions in salt. My grandmother even dusted her jello with sugar.

Fortunately, my parents weened themselves (and me and my siblings) off salt when I was in my early teens and introduced us to other spices. Though the pepper stays! I still love pepper on cantalope and honeydew melon! Even a dash of pepper on cottage cheese tastes pretty great.

Last edited:

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I salt cantaloupe when I eat it. My folks are from Mississippi. Never considered pepper.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@HeadInClouds sorry off topic, but have you ever found any guava or mango flavorings you have fallen in love with? i am really looking for some. thanks :)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well thanks for the lead on the mango. i am a mango whore and am always looking for the perfect mango flavor. :)

will continue my quest for the guava.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
kelli,

Try LAN Guava at 5%-6%. If you go any higher, a floral note develops. At 5%-6% the fruit taste is mild though. That's the only brand of Guava I have tried so far.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks, but i don't remember acronyms very well. what company is LAN please?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok thanks so much hon. :)

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another fav, with watermelon, peach, oddly helps blackberry freshen up a bit and honeydew of course is easy with it...and for a bit more of the green, fresh taste I like that FA cucumber is great! The black pepper idea is classic south, I have liked pepper on cantaloupe since I was a kid.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you can't find a sample size, I'd be willing to send you some Black Pepper, HIC. I have a 10ml...

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been working on a recipe with this. I usually don't like melon flavors, but I wanted something different. I mixed 1.5% of melon cantaloupe with 5% pear (FA) and it tastes pretty damn good. I'm out of honey atm or I might add just a drop.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll be making another attempt at a black pepper, cantaloupe, cucumber, watermelon and maybe TFA Honeydew mix in the next few days. Still vaping up my last cant. mix.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's interesting, mixing with Pear. Pear is another flavor I can appreciate as being accurate, and I like eating pears, but I rarely enjoy vaping them.

I wonder why some of us find our real food favorites and vape favorites can differ like that.
I wonder if it has something to do with texture? I love pears, but have to use it very sparingly as a vape. Not crazy about coconut, but the vape... ohmy!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
He came in and deleted all of his My Notes On threads and (most?) posts from VU a couple months ago.
Now you need to visit another site to see them.

@Shark Vape - you sound a little miffed to me. Do you realize it is now rewritten and available as a free pdf? Have you downloaded your own free copy (linked to at the top of this thread)? You'll find ~30 additional FA flavors now included, many flavors revisited, numerous changes, corrections, and more mixing tips. You need to visit just once, and it includes automated free updates. The project took me a while, but I believe it was time well-spent. Why not download it to judge for yourself? There is an option there to send me suggestions/comments - anonymously if you prefer. Feel free to criticize to your heart's content; suggestions for improvement are always welcome. In fact, that's what prompted this whole project.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's nice to see your warm, fuzzy side, Shark Vape.

And mere thanks seem not enough, HIC, but thanks. For everything!

VU Sponsors