Become a Patron!

My ohms are to low

RayceCarr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have two 22 gauge nichrome quad parallel coils and I'm running at .04 ohms and I want to put in two more of the coils but I need help uping my ohms

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
Different metals have different levels of electrical resistance.
Steam Engine carries them in a dropdown menu.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Remember to take a picture of yourself so you can remember what you used to look like before you blew your face off

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My question is why are you running such thick Nichrome instead of Kanthal or Stainless? Just want to know....

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So are you saying like make them into four parallels instead of two quad parallels?
2 parallels.
wrap a single coil as many wraps as you have take reading.
now half the reading for another coil.
Add two more half it again.
Add two more half it again.

So if you had a set of dual coils that read .24, you added 2 more that would take it to .12. 2 more .06, 2 more .03.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two 22 gauge nichrome quad parallel coils and I'm running at .04 ohms and I want to put in two more of the coils but I need help uping my ohms

If you're determined to stay parallel... try triple vs. quad. Probably fit in an extra wrap or two.

Even better... twist the buggers, either triple or in pairs. You'll use substantially (?) more wire, increasing the resistance.

Out of curiosity... I take it you've got a lot of deck space to fit this creation?

What wattage is the dual quad sucking up? :D

VU Sponsors