Become a Patron!

My Review Of The RX2 21700 By Wismec!

Spratt

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for the purpose of this review. This review is based on the device I got, but not all devices may be the same due to the margin of error or poor quality control.

Wismec decided to continue their RX line with a new device, called the RX2 21700, that uses 21700 batteries and comes with the Gnome sub-ohm tank. The kit can be purchased with or without the 21700 batteries. At the moment, the RX2 21700 kit can be purchased in 4 color options: Gloss Black, Gradient White, Gradient Purple and Gradient Green. I received the Gradient White version and I love the way it looks.

Album of Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/zcTqN

Specs and Features:

RX2 21700 Mod:

* Height: 81.5mm

* Length: 46.03mm

* Width: 37.1mm

* Weight: 297g

* Cell type: 21700/18650

* Output Wattage: 1 - 230W

* Resistance Range: 0.05 - 1.5ohm TC mode; 0.1 - 3.5ohm VW mode

* Temperature Range: 200 - 600 Fahrenheit; 100 - 315 Celsius

* Maximum Charging Current: 2A

* Output Voltage: 0.5 - 9V

* Maximum Output Current: 50A

Gnome Sub-Ohm Tank:

* Height: 45mm

* Diameter: 25mm

* Weight: 51.8g

* E-Liquid Capacity: 2ml/4ml (with extension tube and glass)

Kit Content:

* RX2 21700 Box Mod

* Gnome Sub-Ohm Tank

* x2 21700 batteries (depending if you choose the kit with or without batteries)

* x2 battery sleeves (so you can use 18650 batteries)

* 0.4ohm Coil Head

* 0.15ohm Coil Head

* USB Cable

* User Manuals/Warning Cards

* Spare O-Rings/Glass Tube/Extension Chimney Tube for 4ml conversion

Aesthetics:

I love the way this mod looks. It resembles the RX2/3 in 2 battery version, but with some modifications in width/height, in order to accommodate the 21700 batteries. Paired with the Gnome sub-ohm tank, the kit looks good. I must say, the 25mm atomizers will have a very hard to notice overhang over the fire button, it's hard to see, but it's there, so it's limited to 24mm if you want your atomizers to sit flush. Still, they include a 25mm sub-ohm tank in the kit...wut?! That's a con, and it's poor judgment. Starting from the top of the mod, the 510 pin is the same as we saw on the Ravage230, the fire button is very large and pretty clicky. Under the fire button, there is the big screen, which looks like the one on the RXGen3. The + and - buttons are just a big button, which pressed on the sides reacts adding or removing W/Temperature or something else. The battery compartment can be reached by pushing a button on the bottom of the mod, and opens the battery tray, looks like it's made out of metal, with the normal + and - engravings so users can know how to install their batteries. The Gnome tank uses a 510 drip tip which can be switched with other 510 drip tips. It looks a little like the Gnome Evo tank which comes in the Ravage230 kit, but there are some design differences. The airflow holes are bigger than the ones on the Gnome Evo.

RX2 21700 Performance:

It works well. The 510 pin reads the resistances correctly, but there are some problems with the threading, it feels rigid, and sometimes I need 2 or 3 tries in order to screw an atomizer on it. The fire button is responsive, clicky, and so are the + and - buttons. The + and - plastic button rattles a little bit, but only when you push it. The screen is big, pretty bright and easy to read. The battery compartment is good, but when batteries are installed and the battery compartment is attached, it doesn't go all the way up and it rattles, it never came out, it just rattles when you take the mod in hand, it's easy to feel. The VW performance is okay, I used several of the atomizers in my rotation, all worked well at the same W I use them on other mods. TC performs, well, okay, a little below average, I managed to stay 5 hours in TC mode with 1 SS coil (28 gauge 8 wraps spaced 2mm ID). The batteries included are Avatar, for best ratings, check Mooch's ratings.

Gnome Sub-Ohm Tank Performance:

The Gnome Sub-Ohm tank is easy to use, in order to refill it simply push the top cap, it slides a little then you can push it up and refill, in order to close it, push down, slide back. The performance with the 0.4ohm coil head (single coil) is pretty nice, with decent flavor and average clouds. The 0.15ohm coil head is designed for more clouds at the expense of flavor. The airflow holes are bigger than the ones on the Gnome Evo, so the Gnome provides more airflow. The threads are ok, but the could be better.

Pros:

RX2 21700:

* Battery Life (with the 21700 batteries)

* VW Performance

* 510 Pin

* Big, Bright Screen

* 2A Charging

Gnome Evo:

* Flavor

* Clouds

* Easy to use

Cons:

RX2 21700

* 510 pin threads

* Battery Compartment Rattle/Not Closing Fully

* TC Performance could be better

Gnome Evo:

* Threads are ok, should be better

* Top Cap can put some resistance when closing it

Conclusion: Read the EDIT

I like the mod. I use it strictly in VW mode, and I love the battery life. I would recommend buying the mod, only if you are going to use in VW, with the 21700 batteries and not planning to switch atomizers a lot. The Gnome tank can be a good backup, but there are better sub-ohm tanks there. I will continue to use the RX2 21700 in my rotation, I want to see how far it can go.

Thank you!

Important EDIT: After some comments, especially from Anthony_Vapes the mod has many problems, even with power output and the 510 pin. Adding all the other cons, it's full of flaws. Thank you very much Anthony_Vapes! Not recommending the kit or mod at all. Will continue to use mine and wait for a fail.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors