My take on Atlantis v Subtank(s)

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just figured I would share my take on the Atlantis and subtank (different sizes)

A few months back I was in the vape shop looking for a non-rebuildable tank to have when I didn't have time to mess with my RTA's, i was told that kanger and aspire both had tanks in the works that would be sub-ohm and would have some impressive performance. I kind of put it out of mind for a while then stated seeing the Atlantis and subtank (original) for sale online. I started watching youtube videos and reading up on them.

At first I thought the subtank was the clear winner with the RBA deck, when I found out that it needed to be taken apart to change between the RBA deck and factory coil....this lost its appeal. I always thought it would be cool if someone made a RTA that offered the option to use factory coils.

So not seeing the RBA deck as a plus. I also saw the 25mm size as a minus.

The atlantis seemed to be the winner here. Although the 2ml capacity was a downside, I figured I could just carry a bottle of juice if needed.

I ended up buying a atlantis. I used it on my sigelei 150, dna30 clone, and mech mods. I really liked it, although I thought the flavor could be better. I found that it ran good at 28-30W on the sigelei and DNA, ran good on the mechs to, just kinda hot. Over all I was happy with it.

I seriously thought about picking up a subtank because I heard the flavor was better and the 6ml capacity sounded nice. When I started shopping around for one I saw all sorts of pre-orders for the subtank mini and nano. I figured I would wait til those hit the market.

I saw that the subtank mini was 22mm and that the RBA deck could be directly swapped with the factory coil...I was sold!

I picked up a Subtank mini this week. Before leaving the vape shop i put the 0.5ohm coil in abd filled with juice. I found it runs great at 22-25W, I found 30W to give my dry hits when chain vaping. Overall I am loving this thing, flavor is better than the atlantis. I have been running it on the sigelei 150 and a istick 30 i picked up. It does go through battery pretty fast on the istick 30. It goes through juice fairly quickly too.

I was so impressed with the mini, that I went back and bought a Nano. I put the 1.2 ohm coil in and filed with juice. I have been using this on the istick 30. I have the airflow at lowest setting and running at 13.5W. It has been performing pretty darn good! Just to mess around, I opened up the airflow and turned up the wattage a little. I wanted something that would be pocketable and have good performance while not burning though the juice and battery so fast. I really like that this thing is as small as it is, and has the option to be run wide open with a 0.5ohm coil or ease it back alittle with the 1.2.

Over all I am very happy with the subtanks.

Comparison:
Airflow- same...maybe a slight edge to atlantis

flavor - subtanks

size/capacity- suntanks. The nano is taller but slimmer than the atlantis and holds 1 more ml of juice, the mini is a nice size, and 4.5ml is a nice amount

vapor -tie

So if I had to pick only one of the sub ohm tanks by kanger or aspire, it would be the subtank mini

Thanks for reading!

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the insight , been thinking about those .

Woody_

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Been vaping on the Atlantis for a little over a month now and really like it. The Subtank arrived a few days ago and the flavor is much better than the Atlantis with the .5 ohm OCC, have yet to try the 1.2 ohm coil.

Being impressed with the Subtank, I ordered both the Mini and Nano this morning. I too was sold with the smaller size and swappable RBA and OCC coils.

Glad you like the Subtank family, general consensus seems to be the Subtank delivers better flavor and I agree.

Woody_

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Panther, do the Mini RBA coils work in the Nano? Assuming the answer is no.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Panther, do the Mini RBA coils work in the Nano? Assuming the answer is no.

i dont believe so, i have heard not, and the nano does not come with one, but i haven't tried it either

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
RIP Trippers also posted a video on how to rebuild a OCC coil, looks way easier than rebuilding a atlantis coil

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Comparing the Subtank to the Atlantis is like comparing Caviar to a can of tuna. If this were the olympics Kanger would have the Gold.

VU Sponsors