Myfreedomsmokes pg/vg/nic

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I am fairly new at DIY. I one of the vaping weirdoes that basically only likes minty/menthol flavors. I purchased my VG/PG and my nicotine from myfreedomsmokes.com. The nicotine is 48/100 suspended in 50/50 pg/vg. My flavoring is TFA Peppermint and Koolada. My juice always has a "floral" taste. Is this normal? Is it related to the brands of pg/vg/nic? Or, will steeping help. It is a very noticeable flavor that I don't get when I purchase pre-made juice. Any help would be appreciated.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would look at the flavorings first. Maybe ask over on the TFA thread? I don't know enough about TFA to answer. Good luck!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
rolltide, find which thing is adding the taste you don't like. Start by vaping your pg+vg all by itself. If all's well, add your nic and vape. Then add peppermint and vape some, and last get Koolada in there. I suspect it's coming from the peppermint, but you'll have to test each thing to know for sure.

Too much flavoring often gives weird floral or chemical flavors. (I don't get that from TFA Peppermint, but I do taste a little spearmint with it that I don't appreciate.) So another thing you can try is a half-strength batch, just to see if the floral goes away. If it does, you inch up on the flavoring until you taste it again, and always stay lower than that magic amount.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Great suggestions. Thank you all! On my way to my "mad chemist" badge :)

VU Sponsors