Become a Patron!

Mystery leak

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I carry my Egrip in a small neoprene pouch, which I always carry in the left pocket of my jacket. I always keep it upright in my pocket, and I never carry anything else in my pocket, save a paper towel, just in case.

Each time I pull out my Egrip, I routinely check its backside, to check that the RBA extension hasn't let itself go. It never has. The neoprene pouch is always clean also. But...

A few days ago, I opened my pocket, and a faint but unmistable whiff of RY4 came out of it. I never vape RY4 in any mod other than my Egrip. So, uh-oh, bad news... I opened the pouch - all dry. Checked the mod - all dry. Checked the juice level - full. Pulled out the paper towel from my pocket: it was litterally soaked in RY4! But not a trace of it inside the pocket itself.

Strange... So I put the mod back in the pouch, the pouch back in my pocket with a fresh paper towel, and forgot about it. A few hours later, I opened up the pocket again and... same story: everything dry and clean, but the paper towel that was soaking wet and sticky with RY4.

This time I wrapped the Egrip in a new paper towel, put in it the pouch, put the pouch in my pocket with yet another paper towel, waited a few hours, then pulled everything back out: the paper towel outside the pouch (in the pocket) is soaking wet, but the one around the Egrip is completely dry!!!

This has been going on for a few days now. I'm at a loss to explain where the RY4 comes from. The juice level in the Egrip doesn't drop, and I've never ever carried a bottle of RY4 in my pocket, that could have seeped in the garment. At this point, I'm thinking I might have a magical coat that "cries" RY4, like those weeping statues of the virgin Mary that cry blood...

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
0dc4295687a13d0b7e402bbe1415c44e.jpg

Solved.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are their drops of eliquid around the fill door? I had some fibers from a paper towel lodged in the seal by the door, caused it to weep ejiuce a bit.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've thought about that too, but no: the mod is always dry and squeaky clean. Besides, if the mod was the cause of the leak, it would have shown on the paper towel I last wrapped it in: that's why I did that, so I could see where the juice was coming out of - only it doesn't seem to come from anywhere at all :)

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps you forgot to make your weekly offering to the vape God Cloudious Maximus. ;)

VU Sponsors