Become a Patron!

Name A Good Dripper To Start With

Troy Brown

Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping for almost 6 months now and I am thinking of trying my hand at this building stuff.
What is a good one to begin with that wont cost an arm and leg to buy, but not too complicated to learn with? (I dont want to run out and buy a russian or something like that just to find out I am too clumsey at this).

Thanks in advance to all my fellow vapers out there.....YOU ALL ROCK!!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the TOBH and its super easy to build.. blows some pretty huge clouds.

Hear great things about the Magma clone too.. which will be my next buy

Patriot is a good reliable dripper too.. all go for around 20-25$ so not breaking the bank..

Or you can always go even cheaper and get an IGO type dripper .. those are usually under 20$

PirateB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been rebuilding for a while but never drippers other than BF drippers on a reo. I got my first dripper a couple weeks ago from fasttech (Origen v2 clone) and I must say I am impressed with it. Single or dual coil AFC, HUGE drip well and I had no issues building it--seems of good quality, orings fit very snug no worries of a cap popping off. Also $11

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1716601-origen-style-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer

Troy Brown

Member For 4 Years
Coolness.
I saw that Origen AND that TOBH both over on FastTech.
Good prices on both. I know they are in China, so they will take a while to get, but I think I am gonna take the step up and give them both a try.
Thanks guys....That helped me a ton today.
(((HighFive)))

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
IGO-L is a good starter. Single coil to get your feet wet. For a dual coil the Patriot, Helios, Atomic and Stillare are all pretty easy to build on. I would advise not getting an Omega as the walls are pretty high and it isn't exactly to build on. I recommend going cheap for your first to see if you like dripping. I'm not a big fan and only use one to sample new flavors. So I will not spend much.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got my TOBH from RTDVapor because i needed some batteries.. 21$.. not a bad deal.. and its built great.. its the EHPRO version.. received it in 2 days.. I'm way too impatient for FT orders lol

PirateB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My fasttech origen took about 10 days to my door once shipped...about 2 weeks total from ordering to vaping...not bad for $11 IMO

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lucky you!! :) My last FT order took over 9 weeks...I have had faster turnarounds but I always expect that it MAY take months to receive my order.

PirateB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lucky you!! :) My last FT order took over 9 weeks...I have had faster turnarounds but I always expect that it MAY take months to receive my order.

I guess I am lucky then. I don't believe that I've had to wait for any fasttech order longer than ~3 weeks--but I have only ordered from them a handful of times. Also I dont order batteries or liquid to hopefully avoid any delays or hassles.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
fro the price the Caterpillar RDA by smoktech is pretty good. The post holes are a little small though and the biggest wire i have been able to fit in to it is dual 26g.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
If you dig the thought of a large well (about 1ml) then Magma. If not check out Mephisto, Zeneth V2, or Tobh (this is one of the most popular out there).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thing is, there are lots of these kind of posts around the web and possibly on here. And I'm not sure we answer them any better than when we began, myself included. For example, I understand there are a few different manufactures of the TOBH, specific drippers come in different metals. Do we choose the brass one over the ss? And who do we buy it from. On fasttech the Helios comes in a few flavours. Some only have air holes on one side restricting it to single coils. Then there are those clones using silicon insulators, soldered posts. One company may be using very soft screws on their copy of a particular rda. I have a good Helios, I have a bad Helios. And vendors don't always send them in a labelled box by their respective manufacturer

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I started on a igo w. I would highly recommend it for the price and simplicity when your first starting to build. And @Hobby Kid has a very good point, which is also why i make the recommendation. A authentic igo w can be had for under $20, and while it may not be the dripper to end drippers, it is very functional and good build quality for the price. All is just my opinions of course. But best of luck!

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great choice with the TOBH! Its actually what im using as i type. And good thinking ordering ahead, waiting for vape mail is like being a kid waiting for christmas lol

Chris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 on the TOBH.
-100 on the Nimbus. I see so many B&Ms selling these to new drippers, myself included. It SUCKS bad.

I only use the TOBH and the Mephisto personally.

ceejkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i started with an igo-l. it was great for beginning and i think it was like 12$. the only thing is there are no post holes so getting the wire under the screw head can be tricky. i still like to use it from time to time when im testing new flavors. cant beat a single coil for flavor testing.

cordar

Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping for almost 6 months now and I am thinking of trying my hand at this building stuff.
What is a good one to begin with that wont cost an arm and leg to buy, but not too complicated to learn with? (I dont want to run out and buy a russian or something like that just to find out I am too clumsey at this).

Thanks in advance to all my fellow vapers out there.....YOU ALL ROCK!!
im in the same boat.... I have just ordered a kayfun but now want a dripper as well. Do you all think the patriot is a good place to start?????

Fuzzy Bruce

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got my first dripper yesterday. It is a Patriot clone for less than ten bucks. Already did a re-coil and learned my tired eyes and stubby fingers do not help with building coils.

Taylor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The first RDA I purchased was the caterpillar RDA by smok, I thinks it's a great place to start for RDA's given the large open deck to work with and the thumb screws can be tightened with a flathead if you have stubby or fumbly fingers. It also has easily adjustable airflow to tinker with aswell. Being decently priced and very easy to learn on I think it's a great place to start!

I'm not sure if your still lookjng but I got a caterpillar RDA and it is amazing for $12 and is American made I must add! It has an awesome warmth to it and can produce big clouds if you want it too. It has no problem fitting dual 26g. I am still a NOOBIE to the dripping thing too but I am loving this dripper and the air flow ring has a great range

The first RDA I purchased was the caterpillar RDA by smok, I thinks it's a great place to start for RDA's given the large open deck to work with and the thumb screws can be tightened with a flathead if you have stubby or fumbly fingers. It also has easily adjustable airflow to tinker with aswell. Being decently priced and very easy to learn on I think it's a great place to start!
My god literally jusy posted about this and then looked at the last page. Love the Caterpillar!
evu7a5as.jpg

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not sure if your still lookjng but I got a caterpillar RDA and it is amazing for $12 and is American made I must add! It has an awesome warmth to it and can produce big clouds if you want it too. It has no problem fitting dual 26g. I am still a NOOBIE to the dripping thing too but I am loving this dripper and the air flow ring has a great range
The caterpillar is an awesome dripper for the price, but the only thing is that its not American made its actually a Chinese product.

Crocky

Member For 4 Years
If you order form china, Try focale ecigs as well. IMO and experience I have gotten faster shipping and much better customer service. @Doris is also a member here and she will make sure you are taken care of.

With that said I own a lot of clone drippers and the tobh IMo is a great starter dripper. You can't go wrong with the magma or zenith either!

ajaymes2001

Member For 5 Years
If you order form china, Try focale ecigs as well. IMO and experience I have gotten faster shipping and much better customer service. @Doris is also a member here and she will make sure you are taken care of.

With that said I own a lot of clone drippers and the tobh IMo is a great starter dripper. You can't go wrong with the magma or zenith either!
Sweet! Doris is here as well! The prices at focalecigs are in line with FastTech plus, shipping ranged from 9 days to 14, with and without tracking. Customer service is incredibly great, I will buy from them again. Several times. Doris, I'm looking at the Patriot, Stillare and Tobh, probably order all three.

bigbadthor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got my hands on a Tugboat clone from vaportekusa.com and I highly recommend it for anyone starting out. It is very simple to build on and holds a ton of wicking material/juice. I have it set up at .16 ohms on my Vanilla right now, rocking dual 26 guage micro coils. The draw is much tighter than most RDA's that have come out this summer but I think that only adds to the flavor it puts out.
Otherwise, the Magma is a great start as well as the Tobh Atty as others suggested. You can find all of these so cheap you might snag them all up (like all of us have). Cheers!

Wulfy27

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any opinions on the Vision Eternity?

Please Note!!!!!
I bought one of these.. it looked great in concept and loved it from the get go.

Here is the issue: I dropped my vape and the Eternity snapped right at the 510 connection. Note, I dropped it from a standing position onto carpet. No kidding, carpet. I had been using this on a mod that didn't need the ego piece of the dripper. I loved this thing so much so I got another one. I chalked it up to a random defect and wanted to try again. When I got the new one, I was equally pleased with the performance and used with an ego twist with the ego attachment. This time, it rolled off of and table onto a vinyl floor. Snapped again!. I did some checking around the web and found that this was not an abnormal thing to happen.

Please take that into consideration and do a little searching for info before you get this. I am so disappointed that I haven't had the heart to toss them yet. If you could reattach the 510 threaded part and have it not interfere with the atty's performance, I'd think I might shed a happy tear.. Just one mind you.
The damn things looked great on my chrome pipe too... too bad the ego part doesn't attach to the atomizer. It's threaded to the battery only. Anyhoo....

If you do get one I think you would like it very much. Just make sure you treat it as fragile as it really is.

Hope this helps.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Please Note!!!!!
I bought one of these.. it looked great in concept and loved it from the get go.

Here is the issue: I dropped my vape and the Eternity snapped right at the 510 connection. Note, I dropped it from a standing position onto carpet. No kidding, carpet. I had been using this on a mod that didn't need the ego piece of the dripper. I loved this thing so much so I got another one. I chalked it up to a random defect and wanted to try again. When I got the new one, I was equally pleased with the performance and used with an ego twist with the ego attachment. This time, it rolled off of and table onto a vinyl floor. Snapped again!. I did some checking around the web and found that this was not an abnormal thing to happen.

Please take that into consideration and do a little searching for info before you get this. I am so disappointed that I haven't had the heart to toss them yet. If you could reattach the 510 threaded part and have it not interfere with the atty's performance, I'd think I might shed a happy tear.. Just one mind you.
The damn things looked great on my chrome pipe too... too bad the ego part doesn't attach to the atomizer. It's threaded to the battery only. Anyhoo....

If you do get one I think you would like it very much. Just make sure you treat it as fragile as it really is.

Hope this helps.

So, maybe I should get 2 and I'll have a backup. By the way, ecigexpress has them on sale for $15 if you wan to try it again lol

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got an omega clone from fasttech today along with some premade coils. It cost me around $15 and I got a dual microcoil build right in the second try and the vapor it produces is amazing so I guess I recommend it.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just got an omega clone from fasttech today along with some premade coils. It cost me around $15 and I got a dual microcoil build right in the second try and the vapor it produces is amazing so I guess I recommend it.
I guess I didn't realize you could get the premade coils I though you had to build yourself. Can you give me the link. Thanks

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Damwow
I use these:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1591709
Note that they're really tiny, so getting cotton through them is a bit of a pain. They have them in different sizes and resistances btw.
Oh, and make sure you test-fire them before wicking/using because a bit of smoke goes off and you probably don't want to inhale that.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Great guys I always wanted a kayfun or kayfun lite so I would still need to put cotton in. Correct.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Damwow
I use these:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1591709
Note that they're really tiny, so getting cotton through them is a bit of a pain. They have them in different sizes and resistances btw.
Oh, and make sure you test-fire them before wicking/using because a bit of smoke goes off and you probably don't want to inhale that.

Here are some on ebay.

Micro Coils

Are these the ones you use with the omega? I have really wanted a kayfun or kayfun light, but do you think the omega is easier

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Doris what do you recommend from focalcigs, would like to try you guys out too, and haven't had a chance. But please if you carry the coils, could you give me the links to everything I need.

Focalecig

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Doris what do you recommend from focalcigs, would like to try you guys out too, and haven't had a chance. But please if you carry the coils, could you give me the links to everything I need.
Hello Damwow,

Thank you for@ me
I would reommend our Mephisto by Ivogo
http://focalecig.com/Product/Mephisto-StyleRebuildable-Dripping-Atomizer-kit-19989
For the coil, here is the link,
http://focalecig.com/search/keyword-coil
Please feel free to start conversation with me if you have any problem. :)

VU Sponsors