Become a Patron!

Nautilus Aspire- juice in mouth HELP

MJHolc312

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Guys,

I am at the end of my rope. I bought a brand new authentic Nautilus Aspire tank and CANNOT get the think to work. At all. No matter what I do, it consistently spits juice into my mouth. I am using new BVC coils at 1.8 or 1.6. I have gone through about 15 of them, from different vendors. I am using an iTaste vv battery at about 11 watts. Everything is screwed in proper.

No matter what I do, I constantly get juice spitting up into my mouth. It doesn’t even really leak that much, just spits juice into my mouth. I now feel like I am getting sick from constantly getting the juice in my mouth. I am using 70/30 VG/PG liquid and have tried a bunch of 50/50.

Can anyone give me advice? Could a battery be causing this? I have tried literally everything. About 5 hits after I put in a new cardo, I get the juice spitting up. I have now gone through 2 brand new Aspire’s so I know it’s not the hardware. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

James

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmm. I know you said it was screwed in. Is it screwed in too tight?

MJHolc312

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope. I have tried super loose, super tight, and everything in between

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do not know the actual cause with your situation given the details, but I can give you the reason this happens and hopefully you can troubleshoot. First I am guessing when you first fire you here some louder pops, to me it sounds like the coil is flooded and more or less boiling the juice. I do not know what resistance you normally vape at but with a higher resistance coil try turning up the watts and opening airflow a bit more to dry out that cotton quicker than it can wick. This is why it does it a few puffs after you change coil, it is wicking too fast and flooding out.

VapingInDK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
some times my Nautilous fucks up too but if you pull the driptip off and
hit the fire botten while you give it a few good swings that might help you out it works for me

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also just to add, a quick google search shows ALOT of issues with clones of these coils. Not saying you purposely bought clones, but they are everywhere on the net and in-store. I just thought of this because my wife uses a subox mini kit and we bought her some clone OCC coils and the same thing was happening. A .50 coil was reading at .9 and the second I put in a known genuine coil head problem solved.

MJHolc312

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. Yea I have tried all of those solutions and still juice spitting in my mouth. Doesnt matter how dry or wet coil is

MJHolc312

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have gone through 3 boxes now of Authentic heads from 3 different dealers

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. Yea I have tried all of those solutions and still juice spitting in my mouth. Doesnt matter how dry or wet coil is
I am at a loss on this than, I can guarantee you with out a doubt that someway, that coil is flooding.

MJHolc312

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know. I just cannot for the life of me figure out how or why

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What wattage are you running at?
Not high enough will not vaporize all the juice in the coil completely, causing instant spit back..I'd try cranking it up slowly...good kuck

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

VapingInDK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
am running mine at 10W max other then that it get burned :-/

MJHolc312

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
any suggestions for a new tank that is similar to the nautilus aspire? I vape 18-24 mg

VapingInDK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well am pritty dammn happy about my Kanger Areo2 tank but i think theres better tanks out there

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tried everything from 8 watts to 14 watts
Hmmmm...I haven't used my Nautilus in so long I can't remember what I ran it at..I think the sweet spot with the BVC 1.8 ohm coil was around 11-12w..parked the Nautilus when the better subtanks came out... Anyway, hope you get it worked out!

MJHolc312

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you vape 18/24 mg in the aero without ripping your throat off?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you vape 18/24 mg in the aero without ripping your throat off?
91cf52b9c3e701fb66c1dfba602481b6.jpg
Can I make a suggestion?
Ditch those 1.0+ ohm tanks...
Even the little purple SubTank Nano vapes way better than the Aero or Nautilus...can MTL or lung hit for a smooth, flavorful and trouble free vaping experience...

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok thanks. Any other suggestions would be awesome
I you do decide to vape sub ohm remember you'll need a mod that can fire down to at least .2 ohm..I'd take a look at the RX200..at only $49 (VapeNW) it's a great value..fires down to .1 ohm with 200w available.. It's those two mods on the far right in the pic above.. Good luck on your decisions,

MJHolc312

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
is the nautilus considered Sub ohm? What do you mean by 'Fire down to at least .2 ohms?" Thanks!!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
is the nautilus considered Sub ohm? What do you mean by 'Fire down to at least .2 ohms?" Thanks!!
Vaping below 1.0 ohm resistance is called sub ohm..the coils used in the Nautilus therefore are not subohm, like the 1.8 ohm coil for instance..
The purple Subox Nano uses a .5 (subohm) coil..The Crowns in the pic have the .25 ohm (subohm) coils in them..
Subohm coils generally have better airflow, use thicker wire and higher wattages, producing a better vape quality in both vapor and flavor overall..its why all my tanks these days are subtanks,

Last edited:

MJHolc312

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks! But for subtanks, you probably shouldn't vape 18-24 mg juice correct?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might not be your issue but a while back aspire sent a bunch of authentic Nautilus out with the top seal(plastic piece) put on backwards. It caused flooding and baffled the hell out of people trying to solve it. Check the top seal on yours before you scrap it.

judo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Its not necessary to sub vape 18-24 nic. given that you generally get way more vapor using a sub tank which means way more nic intake.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1) To fire down to .2 ohm is referring to the device (mod) itself... Different mods fire at different resistance levels, depending on the specific mod you have..for instance I couldn't fire the .25 ohm coil in the Crown on the Subox Nano mod because it will only fire down to .4 ohms..but that same .25 coil fires great on the RX200 because it can fire all the way down to .1 ohm coil resistance..hope that helps some!
2) And with the very efficient nicotine delivery of the subtanks I use only 2.5 mgs of nic these days..

Last edited:

MJHolc312

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Might not be your issue but a while back aspire sent a bunch of authentic Nautilus out with the top seal(plastic piece) put on backwards. It caused flooding and baffled the hell out of people trying to solve it. Check the top seal on yours before you scrap it.

I heard this from someone else but dont really know what you are talking about. Where is the "top seal" located?

VapingInDK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Realy thay messed up on the top rings... gonna check mine now lol effin hell

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
I doubt this will help but I got a Nautilus when they first came out and wasn't impressed, the flavor just wasn't right. Then the BVC coils came out and I found a little improvement but not much. I have no idea why I made the following move but I got a Nautilus Mini. No comparison, it was so much better. I still use them today as my primary tank, dedicated MTLer. I've tried others, retried the full size Nautilus and the Mini still abides. Never a hint of a leak, minimal flooding, nothing really to speak of. Not sure why the Mini and Nautilus are so different but they are. FWIW I use 60PG/40VG juices, just the right throat hit for me.

decisively_unsure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As per the other thread are you screwing the atty into the tank first then the base after? The other way round introduces leakage.

I love this tank it has a unique way of kicking out flavour. I also use a Mini out and about and save the RDA for home use. Also the 80VG juices wick great if you pay attention to initial wicking.

VU Sponsors