Nautilus Coil Troubles

bgaulding

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have 2 Nautilus' & a Nautilus Mini. Problem is, I'm having to change Nautilus coils on 2 of them every 8 or so days, give or take a day or two. I don't vape these all day long, so the coils should last longer. They're 1.8 ohm at 6/6.5 watts & they end up reading upwards of 5 or as low as .5 ohms within a week or so. At 1st I thought it was a bad box of coils, but now I'm on box 3 & beginning to think it's the juice. I've tried using the tanks on different mods with no success. The only thing that stays the same is the juice. One is Red Velvet Cake & the other has a mixture of Red Velvet Cake & Pear. (don't knock it till you try it!) The 3rd Nautilus is not doing this. After inspecting the coils I found that a coil leg has broke. Is it the juice?

Does anyone have an opinion, questions, suggestions or anything. This is killing my purse & 2 be honest, I've gotten pretty frustrated. Sorry it's so long.. PLEASE HELP

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Sounds like maybe you've got some non-authentic coils... but 8 days ain't bad.

bgaulding

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes I only get 3 or 4 days. I can get a good 2 weeks off the other Nautilus because I have 4 other tanks I rotate throughout the day. Yes, I use that many. lol Maybe they are knock offs? Aspire says they are authentic tho.

Last edited:

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you using authentic aspire coils? I use the Nautilus Mini's and they last roughly 2 weeks per coil, I would say filling the tanks 5 times in that period using max vg at 14.5 watts and I buy the 1.8 ohms. Should be lasting longer unless your filling the tank every day :) Don't no, I am picky with the flavor so when it's to muted I change the coil

bgaulding

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you using authentic aspire coils? I use the Nautilus Mini's and they last roughly 2 weeks per coil, I would say filling the tanks 5 times in that period using max vg at 14.5 watts and I buy the 1.8 ohms. Should be lasting longer unless your filling the tank every day :) Don't no, I am picky with the flavor so when it's to muted I change the coil

According to Aspire's website they are authentic. It's so random I can get 3 days on this coil & 10 days on the next. They normally only last a week if I'm lucky. But on the other tank I can get a good 2-3 weeks if not more. I use 50/50 juice & only fill them every 2-3 days. I can't figure this one out.

Actually I fill the mini every 2-3 days & the regular 4-5 days.

Last edited:

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the ohms are jumping around on the mod your putting it on maybe it's just not making good contact causing it to burn up your coils. Is there a specific mod that this is happening on?

bgaulding

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I've had it on my sigelei zmax & zmax mini, itaste, smok zmax, ace, & even an ego. I happens on everything. Like i said, when I pull the coil apart there's almost always a broke coil leg. Sounds crazy right..

I thought the same thing originally which is why I tried all of the above.

bgaulding

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just checked the two coils from tonight. Both have 1 leg broke off at the coiled end.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I ask where your buying you coils from? What's the box look like? Has to be the issue.....

bgaulding

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I buy my coils from Myfreedomsmokes. I haven't had any problems with anything else I've ever bought from them. Just these dang coils :mad:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I get mine from MFS with no issues at all. Are you letting them run dry at all?

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
By any chance are you using BDC coils on the two nautilus and a BVC coil on the Mini? If using BDC on the two nautilus that is your problem. Both the nautilus and the mini can use the BVC coils and that should fix your problem with the nautilus.

bgaulding

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I get mine from MFS with no issues at all. Are you letting them run dry at all?

I've always bought them from MFS & these are the only time this has happened. Never do I let them run dry. As I said in an earlier post, I refill my my mini every 2-3 days & my regular every 4-5 days. I only use them a few times a day so one would think I'd get longer use out of them.

Last edited:

bgaulding

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
By any chance are you using BDC coils on the two nautilus and a BVC coil on the Mini? If using BDC on the two nautilus that is your problem. Both the nautilus and the mini can use the BVC coils and that should fix your problem with the nautilus.

I am running BDC coils on them, but on all 3 tanks. I prefer the BDC over the BVC. Is there a reason you think it's happening?

VU Sponsors