VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
personally, I think that is ugly.. nautilus looks way nice and probably out performs if they are the same type of wicks.. but maybe someone will prove me wrong

swarm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looks like the honeycomb shield is removable and can be run with just glass, at that point very very similar to a kayfun, in fact 10 ft away I dont see any difference. So is the kayfun with an mtank ugly? Just adding some points of interest here. Not sure but It says BVC which I believe is the same exact coil the mini nautilus runs. This could be from the same factory.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
These are from the same factory, just re-branded is all.

swarm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've always been a huge fan of the kayfun and the nautilus for different reasons obviously and this seems like a really nice refresh on a great design. I would've made the nautilus like this had I been given the opportunity. Guess I'll have to review it and get breakdown pics up here.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This looks like one of the first "me, too" products in answer to the Nautilus BVC. Say, does this thing use Aspire coils? <G>

swarm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah look like the coils are the newer Bvc from aspire or eigate(factory that makes aspire) so suffice to say it performs, obviously if PB,rip and Grimm loved the mini nautilus this will be no exception. To my knowledge a product must be licensed by the manufacturer or made in the same factory to be allowed to sell with a trademarked brand, selling clones is one thing but these have genuine branded products, Vaoage is also a very large LLC vendor if you look into them

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@ Tripster: I don't think it's re-branded, it's too different looking
I think he meant the head. Idk if they are or not. Certainly looks like the same head.
But at $50, twice the price of Nautilus now, I don't see a big take over coming...
Vapage's stuff is all pretty high. Most of their stuff has been out for several years and/or is no different than everybody else's stuff.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just really do not understand how some of these places stay in business with the crazy high prices when so many great vendors sell for much less. You look at the prices and it insulting frankly.
I agree. Profit isn't a dirty word, but sticky it to the uniformed is a different story.
I had wanted one of the Vmods for some time, but certainly wasn't going to pay $100 or $125 for one. Had seen them as low as $60, but still 'no'. I did however get one at $40 this week. Figure the extras included was worth close to that.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just really do not understand how some of these places stay in business with the crazy high prices when so many great vendors sell for much less. You look at the prices and it insulting frankly.

Thats why i always hit up Vapor Joe's blog , since finding it , it is the first place i click on and then i stay here the rest of the day lol. You won't find a $50.00 clearo/tank on VJ's page no matter how good it is.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looks are subjective, and if it looks better than a nautilus TO YOU; ON YOUR MOD, then take take the dive!

The coils are the same; the chimney, and base look very similar, etc. I'd guarantee it delivers nearly the same performance.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I agree.. I saw some site selling an MVP2 for 80$ .. wtf?!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I own two MVP's and would never pay $80. $50 is a good price and will last you a year. Good Mod indeed.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Jato tank at $45 you could do a lot better. Companies are going to copy Aspire because they have had great success. You can find a genuine Nautilus for under $30 and that's a good deal. I personally would not invest in the Jato. At that price point with a slightly higher investment you can buy a new mod.

I just found this thing on sale for $34.99. It's like an alternative Nautilus. It's still to expensive for me but the biggest problem for me is that the base tapers down. It will not have a flush mount look so that is also a deal killer for me. I really do like the removal metal sleeve design though. Makes everything easy to clean.

VU Sponsors