Become a Patron!

Nautilus Mini BVC cleaning

Zagnew18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi all, new to the forums, what a great collection of info!

Been vaping for about half a year, I use an Aspire Nautilus Mini with the 1.6 ohm BVC coils for my daily vaping, sitting on a SMOK XPro M65. (Only reason I have a battery with that much power is because I also have a Triton for some sub-ohming as well).

So I used to always just replace these BVC's when they went dead, but recently I tried cleaning one by running it under very hot water, blowing out excess juice, repeating this process several times, and letting it sit to dry till the next day. Low and behold, the cotton was white again, and after priming, the coil is working pretty close to perfect again. I'd say the flavor may be every so slightly muted compared to it's initial usage, but still seems to work very well and still tastes great. So my question is, how many times can I repeat this process before the coil is really no longer usable? I've seen lots of different threads about how to clean these, but haven't come across an answer on how many times this works over the course of one coil. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
I used to wash my coils, but they are so cheap in price I just replace them now.
So, may variables, what flavor juice, what VG/PG rate, Nicotine level, how long did you vape with it, what level of flavor loss is okay with you, did you burn it a little by running low on juice?. So only you know and have to live with the answer.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The coils will let you know when they're ready to move on. Flavor just won't be where you want it, won't last like they used to, ohms may dance around, then inevitably, they'll just stop working. People re-use them frequently, though. Some soak in alcohol and rinse.

Zagnew18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the replies! I've been vaping caRnY4 from G2 and it certainly has me going through coils much faster than other flavors I've used, so being able to make them last a little longer is helpful. So I suppose I should expect that the performance of the coil will indeed decrease with each cleaning then?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Over time, yes. I personally won't say it's the juice that wears them out. I say it's the use. Darker, sweeter juice can gunk them up faster, though.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi all, new to the forums, what a great collection of info!

Been vaping for about half a year, I use an Aspire Nautilus Mini with the 1.6 ohm BVC coils for my daily vaping, sitting on a SMOK XPro M65. (Only reason I have a battery with that much power is because I also have a Triton for some sub-ohming as well).

So I used to always just replace these BVC's when they went dead, but recently I tried cleaning one by running it under very hot water, blowing out excess juice, repeating this process several times, and letting it sit to dry till the next day. Low and behold, the cotton was white again, and after priming, the coil is working pretty close to perfect again. I'd say the flavor may be every so slightly muted compared to it's initial usage, but still seems to work very well and still tastes great. So my question is, how many times can I repeat this process before the coil is really no longer usable? I've seen lots of different threads about how to clean these, but haven't come across an answer on how many times this works over the course of one coil. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
I am also a Nauti/Triton user :) ... You can repeat this process till they don't taste good anymore, or until they start tasting burnt.

VU Sponsors