Become a Patron!

Nautilus Mini/Ego II Thread Issues

Sulleh

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,

I'm no seasoned vaper and I just carry a simple Nautilus Mini/Ego II device. I do, however have issues with the threads. It seems the tank damages the thread on the battery and when I wipe my finger over the thread on the tank, there's a dark residue that I assume is metal being stripped from the battery thread. It eventually gets to the point where the tank won't screw into the thread on the battery at all and I have to buy new batteries.

Is this a common issue, do I need some sort of adapter, or is it as simple as me over-tightening the tank to the battery?

Any information will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
This is a common issue if you are buying inexpensive Ego batteries. I used my Nautilus tanks on iStick 20w's and had no issues.

This is also common if you get a little juice in the 510 well. Use a alcohol wipe or Qtip to clean out the well and wipe off the threads on the tank as well.

I'd like to see a picture of the Egos you are buying.

Sulleh

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
5a0da2bd4b6632ce7bfd55e2674f61ad.jpg

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I will try to maintain my batteries better and clear any leaks as soon as possible.

This is the battery I am using. I have another 2 on order so if a similar thing happens to them, I will take your advice and opt for an iStick.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
5a0da2bd4b6632ce7bfd55e2674f61ad.jpg

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I will try to maintain my batteries better and clear any leaks as soon as possible.

This is the battery I am using. I have another 2 on order so if a similar thing happens to them, I will take your advice and opt for an iStick.

Yeah... that's a generic brand. I'm sure the threads are probably chrome plated brass.
There are better brands of Ego batteries... Vision and Evod are pretty good.

Sulleh

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah... that's a generic brand. I'm sure the threads are probably chrome plated brass.
There are better brands of Ego batteries... Vision and Evod are pretty good.
Excellent, thank you for your insight; I will try one of these before the iStick, depending on prices.

Thank you very much!

VU Sponsors