Become a Patron!

Need advice on my DIY liquid

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got some vampire vape pg the weekend and the mixes iv done using it have been harsh to be honest so I vaped some pg,vg without the nic or flavouring and still harsh so I vaped just pg and what the fuck throat burner it's the pg I'm on the look for some more myself but living in the UK and only using fa so far don't know where to get it from and don't want to use eBay let me know how you get on.

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got some vampire vape pg the weekend and the mixes iv done using it have been harsh to be honest so I vaped some pg,vg without the nic or flavouring and still harsh so I vaped just pg and what the fuck throat burner it's the pg I'm on the look for some more myself but living in the UK and only using fa so far don't know where to get it from and don't want to use eBay let me know how you get on.

Maybe this is it? My vape is fine with vampire vapes concentrates though! Isit like a sting on the throat or scratch kinda thing like the feel of to much nic in there?
Check this site http://vapable.com iv just ordered some flavours of there
Free delivery over £10 next day delivery 1st class stamped

happy vaping

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ye and it's definitely the pg all my previous bottles have been fine must have a bad one my vampire nic is ok and my vg from boots I'll go to the shop I got it from today only about 5 min walk from my house see what they say I'll let you know.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ye and it's definitely the pg all my previous bottles have been fine must have a bad one my vampire nic is ok and my vg from boots I'll go to the shop I got it from today only about 5 min walk from my house see what they say I'll let you know.

Is that the first time using vampire vapes pg with fa flavours? Mines fine with vampire vapes concentrates wierd

happy vaping

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Na I've always used it with fa really think I got a bad one smells fine looks good just really harsh to vape for some reason.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh ok then yeah they good priced my next batch of pg vg and nic il be getting from them

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got back they said they have never had a complaint about the pg or nic and they only sell vampire vape pg nic and vg and that's the nic I use they gave me another bottle of pg to try I'll give it a go in a bit and let you know what it's like. Iv been using vg from boots for months now 1.39 for 200 ml and I think it's great they only keep about 4 bottles in stock at a time so when they have it I clear the shelf.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just got back they said they have never had a complaint about the pg or nic and they only sell vampire vape pg nic and vg and that's the nic I use they gave me another bottle of pg to try I'll give it a go in a bit and let you know what it's like. Iv been using vg from boots for months now 1.39 for 200 ml and I think it's great they only keep about 4 bottles in stock at a time so when they have it I clear the shelf.

Ok i may try there vg then aint it abit sweet though? Iv left the cap off over night on my tutti frutti and it seem to have helped the harshness of it?

happy vaping

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All vg is slightly sweet if you do try it make sure it has a blue an white label with bp on the front.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Only other thing i can think of is iv over flavoured them when you do the flavours do you tip the syringe upside down and push air out and any flavour what is sitting in the needle tip?
When i do it i get abit of air in the syringe to start with then when iv sucked into the syringe i pull till the flavours sits were i want it with air between that and the black but but i havnt counted the bit what sits in the needle tip im guessing iv been doing it wrong lol

happy vaping

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I make sure no air in syringe iv tried my new pg and it's ok my other pg definitely harsh iv tried it again must just be bad one have you got a rda to try your vg,pg on.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I make sure no air in syringe iv tried my new pg and it's ok my other pg definitely harsh iv tried it again must just be bad one have you got a rda to try your vg,pg on.

No i aint got an rda but if it is them would it taste harsh with the pinkman and heisenburg? There smooth as hell with the same pg vg nic ratios as iv been doing in the fa oh and my new york cheese cake vinalla custard v1 and t juice jack the ripple and red adstire just arrived :)

happy vaping

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't be your pg must be the % of fa you used over doin it can make it peppery.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can't be your pg must be the % of fa you used over doin it can make it peppery.

I think that may be it i guess just that little bit to much can over do it il try tutti frutti again at 3% but squeeze air out and any flavour what sits in the needle tip

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maths question for you guys lol
If i make 10ml at 15%
And 10ml at 25%
Then put them both together that would give me 20ml at 20% rite?

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No that wrong init that would make it 40% but then i could then put 20ml bass in to bring it to 20% rite?

happy vaping

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL...somebody ignored my advice about getting a diy calculator....just saying :)

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was just giving you grief Jason. Glad to see you are well underway in your journey :)
Haha far from underway giving fa a rest and trying some others as there stressing me out lol

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Saying that im gona order some more flavours the weekend and try one of HICs recipes see if i get anymore joy outa that lol

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
e2d7dce90d87202c90aec3ef27eef1bd.jpg
lets hope i have better luck with this test batch lol

happy vaping

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Jason, have you tried any established recipes yet? Maybe you should try one or two of HIC or wllmc's that you have all the flavors for. Just an idea.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Jason, have you tried any established recipes yet? Maybe you should try one or two of HIC or wllmc's that you have all the flavors for. Just an idea.
Yeah i mention that in this post that im gona try some of hic recipes maybe that will make them taste stonger to?

happy vaping

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, my purpose for that would be to see if you can make a recipe that lots of others enjoy and see how you like it..if it has full flavor for you..etc. I suspect that there could possibly be a problem with how you are measuring. I didn't go back through the whole thread, but how are you measuring again? Syringes? Drops?

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No, my purpose for that would be to see if you can make a recipe that lots of others enjoy and see how you like it..if it has full flavor for you..etc. I suspect that there could possibly be a problem with how you are measuring. I didn't go back through the whole thread, but how are you measuring again? Syringes? Drops?
Measuring with syringes but only had 2ml ones but now i have 1mls so i can be more exact with the measurements, i have got better flavour of them now im trying to figure out what this harshness is! Its not the nic or pg its fine with heisenburg and pinkman i mix up in same ratio but john at flavour art sent me this today saying my subtank mini os probably to hot for these as when he tryed a subtank mini it was to much for him :/ but it aint harsh with my vampire vapes i use,
db43d3807d9ea163d96d03f74315160f.jpg
whats your thoughts on this?

happy vaping

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Honestly I don't know if that's "a thing". I've never had a tank or atty that was any harsher or more mellow than any other. Some have better flavor than others but the Subtanks don't mute flavors and I don't know them to be anymore "harsh" than anything else. Are you using standard coils or building your own? What ohm's and what wattage are you vaping at? How many different coils/builds have you tried in the Subtank? Do you have any other tanks you can try just to rule that out as a possibility?

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Honestly I don't know if that's "a thing". I've never had a tank or atty that was any harsher or more mellow than any other. Some have better flavor than others but the Subtanks don't mute flavors and I don't know them to be anymore "harsh" than anything else. Are you using standard coils or building your own? What ohm's and what wattage are you vaping at? How many different coils/builds have you tried in the Subtank? Do you have any other tanks you can try just to rule that out as a possibility?
I dont have anymore sub ohm tanks i have n aspire mini but thats a completely diffrent tank iv done 2mm diameter coil 6 wraps spaced out abit giving .9 ohm vaping at 20-22 wats and yea i agree as my other 2 flavours from vampire vape are fine so i cant see how that is the tank im thinking maybe the flavour art flavours dont agree with vampire vapes vg pg and nic

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Would be interesting to know if anyone else out there use vampire vapes vg pg nic with fa flavourings

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hav put holes in my rba but this wont effect it it in any other way like taste vapour n so on?
7100cfac186f86d435f85847872d7e49.jpg
I haven't noticed anything different tho

happy vaping

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I dont have anymore sub ohm tanks i have n aspire mini but thats a completely diffrent tank iv done 2mm diameter coil 6 wraps spaced out abit giving .9 ohm vaping at 20-22 wats and yea i agree as my other 2 flavours from vampire vape are fine so i cant see how that is the tank im thinking maybe the flavour art flavours dont agree with vampire vapes vg pg and nic

happy vaping
have you tried dropping it down a touch to say, 18W ?

Nobody2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also is there a tasty custard you can suggest?

happy vaping

Try Capella's Vanilla Custard. Mix at about 15% as a standalone. Let steep 1-2 weeks.

Edit: Oops! Missed the bottle in your picture. I highly recommend Capella. I use them a lot and have never got one I didn't like.

Also it looks like you didn't order those direct from Capella cause those labels are not their labels.

Last edited:

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Try Capella's Vanilla Custard. Mix at about 15% as a standalone. Let steep 1-2 weeks.

Edit: Oops! Missed the bottle in your picture. I highly recommend Capella. I use them a lot and have never got one I didn't like.

Also it looks like you didn't order those direct from Capella cause those labels are not their labels.
Yeah i done a 15% a 20% and 25% of each 2ml batches to try and no i live in uk i think capella are usa? So order time would be ages
Also tjuice are verrrrry good i used to use there premade before sub ohm and diy lol sp tasty they were 80pg tho

happy vaping

VU Sponsors