Become a Patron!

Need advice

I am in love with my ejuice but after about 3 puffs, I can't taste it. What am I doing wrong?
I am using istick and nautilus mini.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What is the wattage on your istick set at?

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And what (air hole) is the tank set at of the 4 possible?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, if you're new to vaping it could be vapers tongue (where your tastebuds go on strike LOL). But I agree with turning up the wattage on the nautilus mini - it can make flavors really pop!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Take a drink of water and give yourself a break for a minute before vaping again. Could be your mouth getting dry.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi again VapinGranny, Nice to see you again, I think we have met before in the past on other forums, are you still having taste problemss? Update?

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I read many helpful things how to get rid of it don't remember them...
Try a different juice maybe?
Cinnamon?

Thank you all so much for the helpful tips! I have turned up the wattage on istick to 10, changed the airflow to the next to highest, got a glass of water to keep every time I vape and stopped puffing on it so often to keep from drying out the wick. And I can tell a really difference! Also filled a couple of spare tanks with more savory flavored to alternate. I so badly want to completely stop smoking analogs and am willing to try anything. Thanks again!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Glad it helped you.

Good luck in your journey to quit smoking. Come on back and chat anytime or ask questions when you need to.

Hey VapinGranny,

Even though you have solved the issue yourself, I do want to take a second and thank you for actual posting your own solution. I have had my wife try the same thing, and she is now much happier with her vaper than she was before. She was having some of the same issues…really helpful when an OP posts their own solution!

I might be a little late here but I'd like to throw in a suggestion to try if you continue to have problems. I have the same setup and had pretty much the same complaint. I found I had a better experience with 1.6 ohm coil in both the aspire et-s I used to use and now my Nautilus mini instead of the 1.8 they came with. It couldn't hurt to try and see... I've been running the 1.6 between 8 and 9 watts on my istick instead of 10+ on the 1.8 and its been very consistent and flavorful for me.

jamieg71

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just to throw it out there, for Granny or anyone else, I've found a glass of red wine, actually just a sip or two, will reset your taste buds. A pickle can do the same thing.

vapedee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Amen bro...best palate cleanser or even a nice fizzy beer

VU Sponsors