Become a Patron!

Need Battery and Charger Advice

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello:) I'm looking at buying a second set of batteries and a new battery charger for my new Reuleaux rx200s. I'm new to vaping (3 weeks) and since the batteries take forever to charge I need another set. The battery charger I have was given to me by a friend a while ago and it doesn't seem to realize batteries have been put in it at times so I have to repeat the process a few times to get it to start charging.

I apologize in advance as this may be a silly question but here it goes.:giggle: Everything was pre-installed on my device prior to leaving the store. There are 3 batteries in my rx200s that read 18650 3.7v 3000mah and there is no other descriptions such as LG, Sony, Samsung 20A, 30A, 40A ect. so.....when looking to buy batteries all the ones I see also list the amps for example: Brillipower 40A 3100mah 18650. All batteries I've come across for sale also list the amps...just not sure what mine is.

My questions are:
  • Since my current batteries do not list the amps what would be best for replacement spare batteries or as long as I buy ones that at least have 18650 3000mah will that be fine? Or is a specific amp important as well?
  • and...Since there's tons of battery chargers out there do I need a specific one for my type of batteries or will any charger be fine?
I'm not sure if this matters or not but my device is a 200w max output that I run between 75-80w. I thought i would ask so I don't screw something up that could be avoided. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, batteries are EXTREMELY important. I would NEVER use batteries that are not Samsung, LG or Sony. Buy them from reputable dealers ONLY. Be sure you are getting a minimum of 20 amp cells. Lionwholesale is a reputable dealer that many folks buy from here. I like the seller GenuineCells on Ebay.

Chargers are important too. I like Xstar chargers, some like Nitecore, some like Efest chargers. 4 bays or larger are nice, but remember they will take longer to charge when you have more than 2 batteries in the charger, at a time.

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, batteries are EXTREMELY important. I would NEVER use batteries that are not Samsung, LG or Sony. Buy them from reputable dealers ONLY. Be sure you are getting a minimum of 20 amp cells. Lionwholesale is a reputable dealer that many folks buy from here. I like the seller GenuineCells on Ebay.

Chargers are important too. I like Xstar chargers, some like Nitecore, some like Efest chargers. 4 bays or larger are nice, but remember they will take longer to charge when you have more than 2 batteries in the charger, at a time.

Great Thanks! I meant to ask what would be a good place to buy so thank you for the info:) I wonder why my batteries don't list the maker or amps on them like all the others I see for sale...mabye re wrapped batteries? Idk...I bought this set up at a vape shop out of state during travel. Thanks again:)

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
howdy! and welcome!

xtar chargers are excellent - i have a pair of vp4's on my desk that are my faves - for my rx200s, i use samsung 30q's (20amp CDR, 3000mah) - there have been a lot of issues popping up with lg hg2 fakes/ rewraps lately - personally, i recommend using illumn.com for batteries - have never had an issue at all with them - pricing is great, service is excellent and they ship fast - they are showing 30qs on backorder right now, but my personal experience with them is that those 'backorders' typically are out the door in 3-5 days (they also throw in a free 2 battery case with every pair of batteries)

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Great Thanks! I meant to ask what would be a good place to buy so thank you for the info:) I wonder why my batteries don't list the maker or amps on them like all the others I see for sale...mabye re wrapped batteries? Idk...I bought this set up at a vape shop out of state during travel. Thanks again:)
yah - seems like buying batteries at a shop is very hit or miss anymore - and batteries are one thing you do NOT want to compromise on

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
and to freemind's point, http://liionwholesale.com is a reputable vendor as well, and is showing the sammy 30q's in stock (though i am personally not comfortable getting batteries from an ebay vendor, i do have a buddy who also has a very trusted battery vendor on ebay)

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Always be suspicious of batteries. It's not uncommon for vapeshops to get some "deal" from a distributor on some cheap cells that are not good for vaping, and either give them with a device, or sell them cheap-ishly. Some of those cells are only 7-10 amp discharge cells. Dangerous for what we use them for.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I use nitecore chargers, they work great and don't break the bank. For the batteries, the samsung 30q, and LG HG2 are the best choices. You could also get samsung 25R but they won't last quite as long. Purchase from liionwholesale.com or illumn.com

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Always be suspicious of batteries. It's not uncommon for vapeshops to get some "deal" from a distributor on some cheap cells that are not good for vaping, and either give them with a device, or sell them cheap-ishly. Some of those cells are only 7-10 amp discharge cells. Dangerous for what we use them for.

Yeah these were given with the device and they seem to work well as I get 2 days use before needing to charge but shouldn't the batteries have the manufacturer and the amps listed also on the batteries? Or is it common to just have a long white sticker with the info :18650 3000mah? Just curious

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use nitecore chargers, they work great and don't break the bank. For the batteries, the samsung 30q, and LG HG2 are the best choices. You could also get samsung 25R but they won't last quite as long. Purchase from liionwholesale.com or illumn.com

Thanks..mabye I will try the samsung ones. I just noticed on the back of my charger it is a nitecore i-4 but it doesn't seem to recognize I've put the batteries in until a few times...that may be the batteries and not the charger? The charger is 3-4 yrs old so I'm not sure if they go bad over time or not.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks..mabye I will try the samsung ones. I just noticed on the back of my charger it is a nitecore i-4 but it doesn't seem to recognize I've put the batteries in until a few times...that may be the batteries and not the charger? The charger is 3-4 yrs old so I'm not sure if they go bad over time or not.
I just brought that charger a few weeks ago, Don't have that issue at all. It might just be going bad. I had a trust fire charger first, it went bad after a year or so. I'd say 3-4 years is a good shelf life for a 10 dollar charger. I also have a nitecore D2 charger for teh past year about. Works perfect still.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That is the common problem with the Nitecore line, they are not really built to last, think of the brands as so, Xtar= a Cadillac or Lexus, Efest = Nissan or Toyota, Nitecore = Kia or base entry model Chevy/Ford. Don't get me wrong, nitecore chargers are decent, better than many of the cheap trust fire 1 and 2 bay chargers out there, they generally have about a three year life span on their bays, more a bay is used quicker it burns out. I'd suggest spending the extra money and invest in at least an efest luc4 or xtar vp4, vc4 (xtar comes with the best warranty ATM). Out of the 4 chargers I've bought, my nitecore i4 (4 years old) bay 1 doesn't function, my luc4 is 3 years old use as my mobile charger for trips now though used heavily 2years still fully functions, my xtar vp4 2 years old my house charger, still functioning, my efest luc blu6 is less than 6 months old used at work still functioning as solid as my luc4 and vp4.

Batteries for your RX200S
Runtime under 180 watts, Samsung 30Q lavenders are top of the list, the Sony vtc6 matte green ismax 19amps so about 170 watss max, the LG HG2 chocolate brown recent tests it is 18 amps, so about 160 watts
180 watts to 240 watts Sony vtc5a matte green for runtime and discharge, followed by the LG HD2/HD2C and HD4
240 to 250 watts LG HB2, 4, 6

Online US vendors
Liionwholesale.com
illumn.com
imrbatteries.com
Orbtronic.com
Rtdvapor.com

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah these were given with the device and they seem to work well as I get 2 days use before needing to charge but shouldn't the batteries have the manufacturer and the amps listed also on the batteries? Or is it common to just have a long white sticker with the info :18650 3000mah? Just curious
Some times it is listed. It's usually UNDER that sticker. Although, if they are some off the wall batteries, it may have nothing there. When they are imported into the USA, the sticker is required to be put on in China.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Batteries have been covered but my 2 cents, samsung 30q for a 3 cell mod from liionwholesale gets my vote.

Liitokala 500 4 cell, for the price it can't be beat. Opus 4 cell is also very good but that uses a pulse charge so that in my book puts it in 2nd place even though a lot of people covet the opus.

Buy it right, but it once. It's only a few bucks (literally) more than the lower end 4 cell chargers that most vape sites sell.

I got mine on ebay but tons of places sell it. Just make sure you are getting the correct US plug, not the EU plug. You'll only find it in china so you will wait 2 weeks to get it.

http://www.google.com/search?ei=ugr.....1.1.64.mobile-gws-serp..1.2.391.zrU616FEIQ0

Last edited:

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Rx200S is a series style battery config instead of the parallel. The amps are very important, you need to make sure the amps on the battery is higher than the amps you are vaping. (see ohms law) @Muzikluver What is your setup? Knowing your resistance and what watts/volts you are vaping will tell you the amp level. Can't really give you a recommendation on what samsung or LG battery to get unless we can figure out your setup.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See post #1, she vapes at 80w or less. Really not many people vape anywhere near the level a 3 cell mod series or parallel can handle with decent batteries. Run any decent non ebay or anything without fire or fest in the name and keep it below 150w.

Running any high end cell, to handle vaping over 200w for a couple hits, cough a lung up and go back to 100w or less.

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
See post #1, she vapes at 80w or less. Really not many people vape anywhere near the level a 3 cell mod series or parallel can handle with decent batteries. Run any decent non ebay or anything without fire or fest in the name and keep it below 150w.

Running any high end cell, to handle vaping over 200w for a couple hits, cough a lung up and go back to 100w or less.

I have to disagree with you on that one. knowing she is running 80w but not knowing what setup she is using is a red flag in my book. If she is running any builds under .2 Ω resistance, she is going over the 20amp battery limit she is using. Yes the Rx200s does have an amp limiter, but it is set at 25 amps, not at 20.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ohm's law for a regulated is
Watts/lowest battery charge/90%=final amps
80watts/6.4volts/90%=13.8889amps
Only consideration ohm's come into play on a regulated mod is if the chipset will fire that resistance, lowest limit on cuboid is about 0.1 to 0.15ohms

Sitting on the couch

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ohm's law for a regulated is
Watts/lowest battery charge/90%=final amps
80watts/6.4volts/90%=13.8889amps
Only consideration ohm's come into play on a regulated mod is if the chipset will fire that resistance, lowest limit on cuboid is about 0.1 to 0.15ohms

Sitting on the couch

Well I eat my words and bite my tongue. Thank you for posting that. Never knew the 90% came into the picture. I guess that is what I get for using an ohms law calculator not specifically set up for a regulated mod. Again, thank you @IMFire3605 , the forums have always been a good place to share knowledge and correct things taught wrong to others.

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Rx200S is a series style battery config instead of the parallel. The amps are very important, you need to make sure the amps on the battery is higher than the amps you are vaping. (see ohms law) @Muzikluver What is your setup? Knowing your resistance and what watts/volts you are vaping will tell you the amp level. Can't really give you a recommendation on what samsung or LG battery to get unless we can figure out your setup.

Thanks for your response:) Hopefully I respond correctly as all this amps-voltz-battery stuff is very new to me....so new that I have to google some of the responses to know what they mean;)..lol...Here it goes:...just let me know if something don't make sense.

My Rx200s is a 200w max device with 3 batteries and a Smok tank TVF8 coil on it. The coil specs say .15 ohm 50w-260w best at 120w-180 (i'd choke over 100w.). My device configures all the amps/volts per coil used and it currently says with the tvf8 coils used at 80w:

*volts 3.58v
*ohms .16
*amps 21.7A

If I set it on 100w the reading are:
*volts 4.0
*ohms .16
*amps 24.24A

I know all this stuff works together for a reason but I'm just now sure how it all works yet:)

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So it looks like you are past this point but I wanted to add that MOST generally if a battery has a sticker on it, it is because it was transferred via PLANE and FDA says it has to have the sticker.
If they had came via boat, they usually do not have the sticker.
A lot of times under the sticker it will display the OEM info but not always.
None of this is a definite indicator that you have legit or rewraps.
Just wanted to mention about the sticker concept.

Muzikluver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So it looks like you are past this point but I wanted to add that MOST generally if a battery has a sticker on it, it is because it was transferred via PLANE and FDA says it has to have the sticker.

Thank You for the info:) I appreciate you taking time to respond:))

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just my two cents....

I've never got an authentic battery that did NOT have OEM markings on the wrap, with or without a sticker.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's been my experience that on LG, Samsung etc. the markings are on the cell itself, not the wrap. That's why they appear faint, because you are reading them through the wrap. Stickers, if applied due international air freight laws, generally cover these up.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors