Become a Patron!
I've got a Ego One (.5 coil) and an iJust2 (.3 coil) kit. Love them both but I get more flavor out of the iJust2. I am trying to determine what I want to get next.

Priority is as follows:

1. Flavor
2. Cool Vape
3. Vapor Cloud
4. Price
5. Flexibility

The choices are as follows:

1. Go with an RDA clone (I'd start off letting someone else build my coils) and mechanical mod.
2. Go with a VW mod and tank (like an iStick 100w and Atlantis V2). I mention those specifically because someone let me test those and I got the cool vape (and partial desired results from it).

On # 2, I thought I read or saw something that would let me control the vape temp via wattage and voltage. I know I could be wrong. Don't necessarily want to get a temp control device because I want the flexibility to use tanks or RDAs.

Thanks for your help and comments.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a Ego One (.5 coil) and an iJust2 (.3 coil) kit. Love them both but I get more flavor out of the iJust2. I am trying to determine what I want to get next.

Priority is as follows:

1. Flavor
2. Cool Vape
3. Vapor Cloud
4. Price
5. Flexibility

1. Go with an RDA clone (I'd start off letting someone else build my coils) and mechanical mod.
2. Go with a VW mod and tank (like an iStick 100w and Atlantis V2). I mention those specifically because someone let me test those and I got the cool vape (and partial desired results from it).

On # 2, I thought I read or saw something that would let me control the vape temp via wattage and voltage. I know I could be wrong. Don't necessarily want to get a temp control device because I want the flexibility to use tanks or RDAs.

Your asking alot here so I'll start with that a VW mod can run both tanks and RDA's....it also automatically adjusts volts to what you set in power (watts) mode...it also finds the resistance in your build or coil....I like my mods to have at least 75w available, and can fire down to at least .2 ohm...that said I have several 100w+ mods because I can always come down (step down) in power if needed...but I'm a cloud chaser at heart and run my RDA/subtanks usually between 60-80w..
The rest of things you listed I can't help you with....I suggest trial and error till you find what your looking for in your vape..after all, your the one vaping it....good luck

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Priority is as follows:

1. Flavor
2. Cool Vape
3. Vapor Cloud
4. Price
5. Flexibility

Re. #1 A good original RDA designed for flavor like the Hastur doesn't cost much http://smogdistro.com/collections/clearance/products/hastur-rda. It can do either single coil, or dual coil. Another good one is the Aeolus (I bought the clone). However, this one is dual coil only. It just depends on the resistance of your coil(s), if you would need a different mod, which doesn't have to be a mech mod.

Re. #2 A regulated mod with Temp Control can be operated in either power (Wattage) mode, or in TC mode. However, your coil(s) have to be made of Ni200, or Titanium (Ti) wire. Not all TC mods have a separate control for Ti wire for TC mode. If you want to get a TC mod, make sure it can control Ti wire as well. However, I'd suggest using it in power mode with Kanthal A1 wire first, in order to get your feet wet, making coils. The Ni200 coils can be finicky to build for a beginner.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Priority is as follows:

1. Flavor
2. Cool Vape
3. Vapor Cloud
4. Price
5. Flexibility

What you have is a great setup, but ideally to really explore and get different performance you'll want a mod that is more diverse in conjunction with an RDA.
101vape.com has the ipvd2 for under 50$ and an RDA called the steamboat for 16.00. You'll also want a Samsung 25r 18650(ideally 2 one for backup) and a battery charger. The tanks you have will run fine on that mod along with the giving you more range in output.
Also if you are going to get into building do yourself a favor and familiarize yourself with ohms law and steamengine.org has a coil calculator.
Mod
https://101vape.com/vvvw-box-mods/666-ipv-d2-super-mini-box-mod-7-75-watts.html
RDA
https://101vape.com/rba-s-rda-s/472-steamboat-rda-by-lawless.html
Batteries
https://101vape.com/batteries/655-samsung-inr-18650-25r5-green-pair.html

VU Sponsors