Become a Patron!

Need HELP building a 0.5ohm Atlantis coil (BVC & Horizontal)

Box

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi Y'all,

Just wanted to get some help in building an Atlantis 0.5ohm coil. I'm new to building coils and want to give them a go as I think it's fun & cost effective.

I have successfully built an HORIZONTAL 0.5ohm coil after a few attempts using 24g Kanthal. I wicked it with some KGD organic cotton and it worked a treat for about a week. Then I noticed the bottom of my Atlantis V2 tank started to leak juice (where the airflow vents are)...So I pulled the coil out & thought that there may not have been enough cotton wicking to hold the juice, hence flowing into the base of the tank and leaking out of the gaps in the airflow adjustment rings.

Wanting to build a BVC coil rather than the Horizontal coil now & I am using the Steam-Engine coil site, but can't seem to get the wraps & dimensions right....should I be squeezing the wires together after torching it to keep them close using 24gauge Kanthal or is it better to use 26gauge Kanthal?

Suggestions on how many wraps and how much cotton I should be putting in there?...Sorry of this question seems dumb. Just trying to learn.
Cheers,
Box.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
24 Gauge is used in the verticals. They are spaced evenly, I looked and counted 8 wraps, but you could make it lower with 6 or 7.

Box

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
24 Gauge is used in the verticals. They are spaced evenly, I looked and counted 8 wraps, but you could make it lower with 6 or 7.
Thanks. But will the 6-7 wraps still be 0.5ohm reading?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I had tried to duplicate the vapor shark Atlantis nickle coils and ended up using a 5/16 drill bit. It was the exact size as the vs coils. I can't remember if the kanthal are the same but whenever I used 3mm I found the air too restrictive. Just giving you more options. Good luck

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Box

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had tried to duplicate the vapor shark Atlantis nickle coils and ended up using a 5/16 drill bit. It was the exact size as the vs coils. I can't remember if the kanthal are the same but whenever I used 3mm I found the air too restrictive. Just giving you more options. Good luck

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone
Thanks for the info....will give it a go. I've been using a 5mm drill bit...maybe a bit overboard..

VU Sponsors