Become a Patron!

Need help - burnt taste not going away

Hi, I recently just got my first vape - a smok alien 220w kit with a baby beast tank - and the first few days of using were fantastic, until one day I noticed it started to taste burnt, so I figured i needed to change out my atomizer to the T8 atomizer included in the baby beast kit. I did everything that I found i needed to do online, primed it up really nice and everything. However, it still tasted burnt, almost worse actually. So then, I took it into a shop and they said the new atomizer didn't look or smell burnt, but still switched it out to a new T8 coil for me. Once again, it tasted burnt. I don't know what to do at this point, I'm very new to vaping so I'm not even sure if I'm diagnosing the problem correctly. Can anyone help me? thanks so much

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What wattage are you using? What kind of ejuice?

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Same as what @Khassy asked. If your wattage is too high for the coil to handle, it will burn, not to mention can end pretty badly. The more VG your juice has, the longer it takes for the juice to prime and reprime between hits. As a general rule of thumb, I let my coil set for 15-30 minutes when i first fill the tank and around 5-10 seconds between puffs. Oh and welcome to VU btw.

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a baby beast and not impressed with the taste either. I don't have a burnt taste though but did have it at 55 watts at the time. They are a cloud chasing tank so I will be switching to a different one when it arrives. I have a Q2 .4 and recommended watts is 40-80 and I only run it at 23 watts with a nicer flavor.

VU Sponsors