Become a Patron!

NEEd Help From the Experienced !!!! ( general questions )

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I'm new to Vaping and have ran into several small issues but i need to hear input from people who know what they are talking about . The dudes at my local vape shop are all kinda a younger crowd and I feel like they have no clue what they are talking about. Anyways heres what I've been dealing with ....

My current set up Kanger Subtank Mini with Eleaf istick 50w

first off I used to smoke a pack a day and I chain vapor , I just got the sub tank and i freaking vaped 15 ml in dayyyyyyy , no joke if i really wanted to i could probably suck 3/4 of the juice in one hit if i went hard at it. Now that juice was only 3mg nic which was my first mistake , I have 6mg now which helped a lot but I'm still using sooooo much vapor. Im only vaping at around 12 watts averaging 3 second pulls . I could go higher but I'm not trying to kill all my juice. I guess where I'm getting at is how can i get good flavor and not use so much juice. I like vapor production but not at the cost of 10 ml a day. If it has as much vapor as a cig fine great thats good enough ill just crank it when i wana show off or piss off my gf in bed. Any suggestions ?

Next question , my vape has a cotton taste to it . Its hard to describe but it just has this cottony after taste to it as if i was breathing through a bag of cotton balls or something. Whats that all about ? And yes i have the RDA in right now .5 ohm coil , using the cotton the sub tank came with.

Last Question , Wtf is up with finding a decent juice ? I seriously think the dudes at the Vape shop get annoyed cuz i make them let me try tons of flavors and i feel all pressured so i just say fuck it pick one go home and a 1 hr regret buying it. Why can't i find that " all day juice " with a great taste , no weird after taste with just the right amount of throat hit . I feel like I've wasted so much money on this shit and I'm getting frustrated. I thought Vaping was supposed to save you money not cost more. And don't get me started on juice prices. juice is so marked up its not even funny. I recently order from Dr. Crimmys haven't received it yet but I'm praying its as good as people make it sound. By the way has anyone ordered from them ? its been over a week and I still haven't even got a tracking number. Had i known it be that long I never would of ordered from them in the first place. Anyways If someone can help me in any way possible id greatly appreciate it !!

Sirkris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say up your nicotine level. I've always read that when you quit smoking to start vaping at at least 18mg to help fight cravings. Then work your way down. And in my experience I vaped less juice at higher levels of nicotine. That's just my experience. As far as finding that adv. That's gonna be a hit and miss. I recently started diy thanks to the awesome people here. And haven't bought juice since January.
Sorry I can't help with the sub tank problems. Good luck and congrats on quitting smoking!

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anything sub ohm is going to suck down juice...your burning the shit out of the juice to get the vapor youre looking for...No way around that really except less power and higher ohms to burn less...Maybe try the 1.2 ohm coils at your wattage or even less wattage and see how that goes.

You may be getting somewhat dry hits giving you the cotton flavor..Lower you watts and do a dry pull on the tank first and see if it helps...High VG juice can be a bitch to get through most wicks.(if this is in fact your case with high VG)

As far as taste...this is and always will be subjective...If you are fresh off cigs you may have not gotten your taste back as of yet and most anything is gonna taste like shit or muted...You maybe need a high percentage of flavor content to get you by for now untill some time passes away.

More vapor means use less nic content...less vapor, you can go up.

Last edited:

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes thats is true but Im assuming you have never sub ohm vaped before ? I was using 18 mg nic in a ego style which was fine , but i tried that same 18mg juice in the the Subtank and it was like drinking nicotine . The throat hit is wayyyyyyy to intense and you basically get sick cuz ur inhaling way more vapor aka 18mg x's 2 per hit

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
true thanks mike , i looked into that being a possibility ( its only been a little over 3 weeks ) . Ill try the 1.2 coil and see if that helps any . With VG tho , you think it be better to stay in the 70 - 60 range vs going all the way up to 80 ?

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anything sub ohm is going to suck down juice...your burning the shit out of the juice to get the vapor youre looking for...No way around that really except less power and higher ohms to burn less...Maybe try the 1.2 ohm coils at your wattage or even less wattage and see how that goes.

You may be getting somewhat dry hits giving you the cotton flavor..Lower you watts and do a dry pull on the tank first and see if it helps...High VG juice can be a bitch to get through most wicks.(if this is in fact your case with high VG)

As far as taste...this is and always will be subjective...If you are fresh off cigs you may have not gotten your taste back as of yet and most anything is gonna taste like shit or muted...You maybe need a high percentage of flavor content to get you by for now untill some time passes away.

More vapor means use less nic content...less vapor, you can go up.

true thanks mike , i looked into that being a possibility ( its only been a little over 3 weeks ) . Ill try the 1.2 coil and see if that helps any . With VG tho , you think it be better to stay in the 70 - 60 range vs going all the way up to 80 ?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Higher vg means bigger thicker vapor...60/40 isnt a problem for most wicks so it should help with the wicking on the subtank...Just expect less vapor but actually more flavor as pg carries flavor much better than vg does....so maybe a small trade off?

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
for the fortunate few, vaping starts out easy.
Then there are a lot of us that have a hard time trying to find that vaping nirvana that so many others seem to be enjoying.

And almost all of us have come to realize that saving money and vaping rarely go hand in hand though it can be done.

Trying different juices is one of the best ways to eventually find the ones you enjoy. And therefore seems to be a never ending quest at times.

And with your set up you gonna go through the juice. Sorry but that's just kinda the way it is.
I go through 15 to 20 mils a day!
And so I really had no better alternative than to start mixing my own.
Maybe you will find yourself going that route too eventually.

Cotton wick tastes like cotton to me. I no longer use cotton. I only use rayon and have done so for the last year or so.

Keep looking, keep asking, stay determined, it's worth it to stick to it.
It's not convenient. But once you find that groove it's fucking amazing.
But the process and journey to finding that groove can be frustrating as fuck!

sorry I can't give better advice or answers but hopefully you will be encouraged by some of my ramblings :)

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
for the fortunate few, vaping starts out easy.
Then there are a lot of us that have a hard time trying to find that vaping nirvana that so many others seem to be enjoying.

And almost all of us have come to realize that saving money and vaping rarely go hand in hand though it can be done.

Trying different juices is one of the best ways to eventually find the ones you enjoy. And therefore seems to be a never ending quest at times.

And with your set up you gonna go through the juice. Sorry but that's just kinda the way it is.
I go through 15 to 20 mils a day!
And so I really had no better alternative than to start mixing my own.
Maybe you will find yourself going that route too eventually.

Cotton wick tastes like cotton to me. I no longer use cotton. I only use rayon and have done so for the last year or so.

Keep looking, keep asking, stay determined, it's worth it to stick to it.
It's not convenient. But once you find that groove it's fucking amazing.
But the process and journey to finding that groove can be frustrating as fuck!

sorry I can't give better advice or answers but hopefully you will be encouraged by some of my ramblings :)

Thanks , i looked into rayon but i keep reading mixed reviews on it . Either people say its great and way better or others say a chemical taste from it ? Oh and thanks for having me sitting here trying to smear that nat off my computer screen lol not gonna lie u def got me

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks , i looked into rayon but i keep reading mixed reviews on it . Either people say its great and way better or others say a chemical taste from it ? Oh and thanks for having me sitting here trying to smear that nat off my computer screen lol not gonna lie u def got me
lmao!
Damn bug.

Yeah took me a while to feel confident in the rayon. I did a shit ton of research before giving it a try. But I'm so glad I did.
For me there is no other wicking medium. Though some folks do claim to taste a chemical I never have.
But there are lots of different rayons too.
And there are gonna be some manufacturers that do a better job than others when it comes to fully rinsing it after processing.

Most folks like the Japanese cottons. Maybe you will too.
But cotton is cotton and it always tastes like cotton to me.
Taste buds are a funny thing. Especially when it comes to vaping it would seem.

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
lmao!
Damn bug.

Yeah took me a while to feel confident in the rayon. I did a shit ton of research before giving it a try. But I'm so glad I did.
For me there is no other wicking medium. Though some folks do claim to taste a chemical I never have.
But there are lots of different rayons too.
And there are gonna be some manufacturers that do a better job than others when it comes to fully rinsing it after processing.

Most folks like the Japanese cottons. Maybe you will too.
But cotton is cotton and it always tastes like cotton to me.
Taste buds are a funny thing. Especially when it comes to vaping it would seem.

Where do u purchase ur rayon ?

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where do u purchase ur rayon ?
My local Sally's Beauty Supply store.
the brand is cellucotton and comes in something like 500 ft of the stuff.
But you have to be sure to get the actual rayon cause the cotton comes in the same type of box with the same brand name

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A few different responses rolled into one...

1 - I'm a devotee of Cellucotton (rayon) - had my wife's hair gal pick up a box that will probably last forever. For a while I liked cotton, but this stuff blows cotton away as far as clean taste and length of time between re-wicking (I'm getting a week or so out of my wicks). YMMV

2 - Are you building your own Subtank coils or using stock Kangers? If the latter my first point could be moot.

3 - It almost sounds like you may be best served stepping down a notch in vaping gear, which would allow you to up your nic to get rid of the cigarette cravings. I was a Kanger devotee when I was using tanks, but just put together a Nautilus setup for my mother-in-law today with some 24mg juice and found it thoroughly impressive. I just don't think a Subtank is going to be a good way to get the amount of nic you need in short order without going overboard. Personally I was split between 6 and 12mg when I went to the high-powered stuff (which for me was RDA, nothing like the Subtank existed a year ago). I quickly dropped to 3mg. I'd have a hard time seeing something higher than 6mg being used feasibly in one of these setups, though it might take a stronger juice for someone fresh off the cigs, which is why I'm leaning toward recommending a high-quality last-generation clearo. Perhaps the 1.2ohm coils in the Subtank will put you in a similar place. It's worth a try.

4 - DIY is the way to go to get the juice budget down to manageable if you're going to continue using a huge volume of liquid - I haven't bought a bottle from a vendor in 3+ months and have easily covered the $250 in startup cost (I bought a metric shit ton of flavors). If that's not your thing, there are a handful of discount juice makers pimped on VJ with regularity - I suggest you quickly fall in love with a flavor you can get for 15 cents a ml or less...though my DIY juice is costing me somewhere around 3-4 cents...

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My local Sally's Beauty Supply store.
the brand is cellucotton and comes in something like 500 ft of the stuff.
But you have to be sure to get the actual rayon cause the cotton comes in the same type of box with the same brand name

ok cool , and yeah dude I think I'm gonna look into making my own juice . Its bound to happen plus i hate paying for shit that with a little research can eventually do myself. I mean juice is my biggest expense when it comes to vaping. But i right now i don't know a dam thing about it currently. Is there a good site that ud recommend to buy the supplies and flavoring that ill need ? also is it really all that hard or complicated ?

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A few different responses rolled into one...

1 - I'm a devotee of Cellucotton (rayon) - had my wife's hair gal pick up a box that will probably last forever. For a while I liked cotton, but this stuff blows cotton away as far as clean taste and length of time between re-wicking (I'm getting a week or so out of my wicks). YMMV

2 - Are you building your own Subtank coils or using stock Kangers? If the latter my first point could be moot.

3 - It almost sounds like you may be best served stepping down a notch in vaping gear, which would allow you to up your nic to get rid of the cigarette cravings. I was a Kanger devotee when I was using tanks, but just put together a Nautilus setup for my mother-in-law today with some 24mg juice and found it thoroughly impressive. I just don't think a Subtank is going to be a good way to get the amount of nic you need in short order without going overboard. Personally I was split between 6 and 12mg when I went to the high-powered stuff (which for me was RDA, nothing like the Subtank existed a year ago). I quickly dropped to 3mg. I'd have a hard time seeing something higher than 6mg being used feasibly in one of these setups, though it might take a stronger juice for someone fresh off the cigs, which is why I'm leaning toward recommending a high-quality last-generation clearo. Perhaps the 1.2ohm coils in the Subtank will put you in a similar place. It's worth a try.

4 - DIY is the way to go to get the juice budget down to manageable if you're going to continue using a huge volume of liquid - I haven't bought a bottle from a vendor in 3+ months and have easily covered the $250 in startup cost (I bought a metric shit ton of flavors). If that's not your thing, there are a handful of discount juice makers pimped on VJ with regularity - I suggest you quickly fall in love with a flavor you can get for 15 cents a ml or less...though my DIY juice is costing me somewhere around 3-4 cents...

I agree , I'm going to make a 1.2 coil tomorrow maybe even higher and see how that feels . And yes DIY seems to be a road I'm bound to venture down . I enjoy having that control and flexibility only to save myself money in the long run

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok cool , and yeah dude I think I'm gonna look into making my own juice . Its bound to happen plus i hate paying for shit that with a little research can eventually do myself. I mean juice is my biggest expense when it comes to vaping. But i right now i don't know a dam thing about it currently. Is there a good site that ud recommend to buy the supplies and flavoring that ill need ? also is it really all that hard or complicated ?
It's super easy. And fun.
There are a ton of wonderful people in the DIY sections of this forum and they will be very willing to help you in any way they can.

I get most of my stuff from Bull City http://www.bullcityvapor.com/
But I will be giving these folks a shot too because they actually play a huge roll in our DIY section and are fellow vapers just like us and are good people http://mamajsjuice.com/

and here is where I like to get my nicotine http://wholesale.heartlandvapes.com/

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's super easy. And fun.
There are a ton of wonderful people in the DIY sections of this forum and they will be very willing to help you in any way they can.

I get most of my stuff from Bull City http://www.bullcityvapor.com/
But I will be giving these folks a shot too because they actually play a huge roll in our DIY section and are fellow vapers just like us and are good people http://mamajsjuice.com/

and here is where I like to get my nicotine http://wholesale.heartlandvapes.com/

sweeeet , im gonna check these out now actually

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had good luck with Bull City Vapor as far as a one-stop DIY shop goes, and although I've yet to make a purchase from them Mama J's is from what I gather also a very reputable site for flavorings, run by VU's own @wllmc.

Just noticed @Fishee said the same thing, so dittoes to him...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I order flavoring from EVERYWHERE but ECX does have the best ship time. ;)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the tag guys .If you want to get into DIY im for sure always here to help. Just private message me here or at [email protected]. The DIY community at vaping underground is awesome. Very helpful people all in the same boat as you lol. We like juice and looooooots of it :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Just a couple of suggestions.

You could cut down on the airflow a bit which would limit the clouds but possibly increase the taste as well as decreasing at least slightly the amount of E-Liquid used.

To find a flavor of liquid you really like, order from places that have reasonably priced sample size bottles.

I normally point new vapers to Bulk E-Juice as their sample sized bottles contain 6ml of liquid. And I would go with either a 50/50 or 60/40 PG/VG mix.

DIY is a good thing but I would normally recommend that you wait a bit to get into it. Get to know your gear first and find a few flavor profiles that you really like before you try to replicate them in your own DIY creations.

Take your time and learn your new craft as you go along.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I'm new to Vaping and have ran into several small issues but i need to hear input from people who know what they are talking about . The dudes at my local vape shop are all kinda a younger crowd and I feel like they have no clue what they are talking about. Anyways heres what I've been dealing with ....

My current set up Kanger Subtank Mini with Eleaf istick 50w

first off I used to smoke a pack a day and I chain vapor , I just got the sub tank and i freaking vaped 15 ml in dayyyyyyy , no joke if i really wanted to i could probably suck 3/4 of the juice in one hit if i went hard at it. Now that juice was only 3mg nic which was my first mistake , I have 6mg now which helped a lot but I'm still using sooooo much vapor. Im only vaping at around 12 watts averaging 3 second pulls . I could go higher but I'm not trying to kill all my juice. I guess where I'm getting at is how can i get good flavor and not use so much juice. I like vapor production but not at the cost of 10 ml a day. If it has as much vapor as a cig fine great thats good enough ill just crank it when i wana show off or piss off my gf in bed. Any suggestions ?

Next question , my vape has a cotton taste to it . Its hard to describe but it just has this cottony after taste to it as if i was breathing through a bag of cotton balls or something. Whats that all about ? And yes i have the RDA in right now .5 ohm coil , using the cotton the sub tank came with.

Last Question , Wtf is up with finding a decent juice ? I seriously think the dudes at the Vape shop get annoyed cuz i make them let me try tons of flavors and i feel all pressured so i just say fuck it pick one go home and a 1 hr regret buying it. Why can't i find that " all day juice " with a great taste , no weird after taste with just the right amount of throat hit . I feel like I've wasted so much money on this shit and I'm getting frustrated. I thought Vaping was supposed to save you money not cost more. And don't get me started on juice prices. juice is so marked up its not even funny. I recently order from Dr. Crimmys haven't received it yet but I'm praying its as good as people make it sound. By the way has anyone ordered from them ? its been over a week and I still haven't even got a tracking number. Had i known it be that long I never would of ordered from them in the first place. Anyways If someone can help me in any way possible id greatly appreciate it !!
Couple things... and if this Is repetitive I'm sorry. but, i'll get confused reading everyones perspective and vaping being different to everyone no answer will be exact.

These higher wattage sub ohm tanks will in fact go through more juice than s classic clearomizer or even the last generation RTA(kayfun style). Really that's just a math issue, if you're making more vapor at a higher 'temp' or 'power' that you're vaporizing more liquid. The only true solution to that would be getting a different tank that won't perform the way you like or upping your nic level a bit more and vaping less. if it makes you feel better after a year on vaping I'm down to 3mg at 15-20ml a day.
The cotton taste could be not running that coil hot enough, the juice itself or the coil needs breaking in. I've heard from a few folks that the subtank coil had an off taste until the third or fourth tank.
As to finding decent juice bro, there just is no easy answer, the shops job is to find something you like to earn your return biz, if that sounds cruel its because I am being bluntly honest.
Your tastes will change though, I used y only vape tobacco juices, now I have 3 desert vapes and a bourbon that rotates daily and a box chuck full 'once in a while vapes don't get discouraged on that we have all been in the 'juice rut'. Looking for the right adv.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
using the cotton the sub tank came with.
That solves that. Their cotton isn't any good imo. You can probably find cotton bacon at a local vape shop or try rayon, or other wicking materiel.

As for the amount of liquid you are vaping, it is inherent to the device you are using. Switching to any of the numerous options of higher ohm tanks will solve that, but you might not like the vape as much. I don't use that type of tank, so I will let others make suggestions.

As for saving money, there are generally two kinds of liquids. Good ones, and cheap ones. That having been said, expensive doesn't always mean good, and cheap doesn't always mean bad, but it can be a good clue. Here are a couple of exceptions I have found to that rule who make good liquids at a reasonable price. Heather's Heavenly Vapes will run you around $13 for 30 mil. If you find flavors you like you can buy them in 100 ml bottles for $40. My Vape Juice will run you around $19 for 37 ml, but again can be had for $56 for 120 ml when you find a good one. There are plenty of others too, of course, these are just some that I have found that produce exceptional liquids at a reasonable price. Also if you do get into diy, My Vape Juice sells some of there flavors for diy purposes and you can make the liquid yourself and save a little more.

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That solves that. Their cotton isn't any good imo. You can probably find cotton bacon at a local vape shop or try rayon, or other wicking materiel.

As for the amount of liquid you are vaping, it is inherent to the device you are using. Switching to any of the numerous options of higher ohm tanks will solve that, but you might not like the vape as much. I don't use that type of tank, so I will let others make suggestions.

As for saving money, there are generally two kinds of liquids. Good ones, and cheap ones. That having been said, expensive doesn't always mean good, and cheap doesn't always mean bad, but it can be a good clue. Here are a couple of exceptions I have found to that rule who make good liquids at a reasonable price. Heather's Heavenly Vapes will run you around $13 for 30 mil. If you find flavors you like you can buy them in 100 ml bottles for $40. My Vape Juice will run you around $19 for 37 ml, but again can be had for $56 for 120 ml when you find a good one. There are plenty of others too, of course, these are just some that I have found that produce exceptional liquids at a reasonable price. Also if you do get into diy, My Vape Juice sells some of there flavors for diy purposes and you can make the liquid yourself and save a little more.

Well I did my research and I really think I'm going to venture into the DIY . I mean I did the math of what your paying for average retail juice cost vs DYI and the savings are just insane . Budget is a big one for me , I really do prefer the flavor and vapor i get using sub ohm tanks but the juice consumption is the main issue. I guess my only concern now with the DIY route is how close or how similar are DYI juices vs retail blends ? I mean i see all the same flavor extracts that most these companies are probably using themselves. Now obviously I'm sure they went through hundreds of batchs to perfect there recipe but Is it a reasonably close experience ? and of course I'm sure over time anyones personal recipes will get better with time, but with the most simple recipe is it vapable and is it even that big of a difference from what you buy in the store ? I mean to me it looks pretty simple really , the hard part seems to just be the trial and error , experimenting with different combinations etc ....

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I did my research and I really think I'm going to venture into the DIY . I mean I did the math of what your paying for average retail juice cost vs DYI and the savings are just insane . Budget is a big one for me , I really do prefer the flavor and vapor i get using sub ohm tanks but the juice consumption is the main issue. I guess my only concern now with the DIY route is how close or how similar are DYI juices vs retail blends ? I mean i see all the same flavor extracts that most these companies are probably using themselves. Now obviously I'm sure they went through hundreds of batchs to perfect there recipe but Is it a reasonably close experience ? and of course I'm sure over time anyones personal recipes will get better with time, but with the most simple recipe is it vapable and is it even that big of a difference from what you buy in the store ? I mean to me it looks pretty simple really , the hard part seems to just be the trial and error , experimenting with different combinations etc ....
A lot of people are saving a lot of money with DIY, so clearly it can be done. My experience with it was different. I'm just picky, and imo DIY juices aren't nearly as good as some vendor juices. You have the advantage here of people posting recipes and what not to get you started. If you find some flavors that work for you early on than that's a plus. If you don't, it can actually get pretty expensive ordering new flavors looking for one you like and tossing out liquid that you don't like. If that is the route you decide to take you'll find a lot of people here that can help you out with that.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm starting to notice that my favorite juice company is starting to take a very long freakin time to ship. o_O
I ordered two bottles from Pure Vapes 5 days ago and is still showing "processing." Tis beginning to piss me off.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's true, and I don't know where it's coming from. Hopefully soon....

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mixes were vapeable right off the bat, though more on the lower end, quality wise. I'm improving quickly, but I still don't make stuff that compares with those "gourmet" companies that charge $1/ml...well, maybe some of them, but taste is all subjective. I think I can make stuff that's comparable to other house-blend juices from the dozen or so B&Ms I've tried, and that's with just a few months' practice.

I'd advise you cruise through the recipes section here on VU, find a few you'd like to make (using a free calculator like eJuiceMeUp makes it simple to replicate others' recipes), and buy the ingredients, along with a couple flavors you think would be good as stand-alones. Start out making single flavor juices and pre-existing recipes, once you've got those down then you can start inventing stuff on the fly.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They used to be really fast, but more recently they aren't....if you email them you'll probably find it ships right away. I now order my FA flavors from @wllmc at http://mamajsjuice.com/ He has sample sizes and 10ml bottles, and he ships right away!
Really, PureVapes might be a tiny bit cheaper, but I'd just as soon pay a few more pennies and get it within a reasonable time frame. Hopefully it isn't a weather issue. We're thawed out in Tennessee but I don't know where they are.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really, PureVapes might be a tiny bit cheaper, but I'd just as soon pay a few more pennies and get it within a reasonable time frame. Hopefully it isn't a weather issue. We're thawed out in Tennessee but I don't know where they are.

Nope, not cheaper - 3mls is $1.50 at both places!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a sample and a 30ml. but still....

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to play with flavors a bit too.
screw the knuckleheads at your LVS.
they work for you so feel free to take up their time.
to be blunt,....fuck their opinion and or attitude. Heaven forbid they, should have to do their job..
this, afterall, about YOUR health and ability to quit analogs.

With that being said, test flavors with 0mg.
have them drip a cart and test the flavor @ various settings.
when you think you've found a winner, test the same flavor with some nic at varying settings.
you should know on the first pull or two wether or not a particular flavor suits you.
go ahead and waste their time to find a couple flavors you might like and order your DIY stuff accordingly.

Fwiw, I was a PA k a day smoker for 20 years. I'm still smoking but a lot less.
My setup is a 1.1 ohm single 28g on a lemo wide open @ 18-20w.
respectable vapor,flavor is about a 7, nice warm/airy draw and I only go through about 8-10ml a day chaining.

VU Sponsors