Become a Patron!

Need help (gf and vaping)

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, your not my kid, I've already got a 21yr old kid fresh out of the army that thinks his shit don't stink, and a 16yr old daughter that wants to be 21!... so I'll save you my parental lectures on a lot of what i'm reading thus far. I've given you MY opinion and hopefully you are intelligent enough to read ALL of the very insightful information provided within this and the other thread.

Learn from your mistakes. Don't repeat them. That is all anyone can ask. No one is perfect. And most importantly, be HONEST! To your self and to everyone else involved in YOUR life.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In all honesty, if she hasn't voiced by now, exactly WHY she doesn't like you vaping, she is just using it as an excuse to control you and your behavior. If you stick with her, you are going to find out she is going to control you like a robot, and anything she doesn't like you doing, she WILL make you miserable and unhappy over it.

This right here.

Also, an ex is usually an ex for good reason and should remain so. lol

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright update time. We broke up sadly the main problem wasnt the vaping or that i was dishonest about it.
Well shit happens :/

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright update time. We broke up sadly the main problem wasnt the vaping or that i was dishonest about it.
There are better ones out there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep. There surely are a lot of fish in the sea. Unfortunately, you usually have to throw back quite a few before you find the right one. :D

Andria

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Love isn't born from a stiff dick or a wet vagina. Many people think it is, but it's not.

At your age, you are thinking with the wrong head.

Sex should be secondary to the person you want to be with. Although sex is important to any relationship, people have a tendency to allow sex to cloud their thinking.

Sooner or later you will realize all women have a vagina, and all of them are good. So it doesn't matter from that perspective what woman you pick. What will be important is WHO she is.

I say this because all guys at you age prioritize sex over the actual person. I did, we all did.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Your still just a kid (no offense) you'll have plenty of relationships and break ups along the way. don't worry too much about it ;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vaping has become more monstrous due to the change to high VG juices blowing clouds looks bad no matter who you are or where you go people freak out in general when small explosions rip out of us.. I have had friends flip out more on vaping then smoking this is another variable that as vaping enthusiasts is rarely spoken of because no matter what we will justify out change from cigs to vaping just another thought

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Agreed. I didn't find my Mr. Right until I was 28.

I was 26, myself, after another husband first, and several boyfriends before him.

People seem to find some problem with mixing a sexual/romantic relationship with friendship, and while it's true that it's possible to mess up a good friendship that way, it's also true that you need to be with someone you actually LIKE -- someone you'd wanna hang with and talk to, even if the sex/love thing wasn't there; you can only have sex for a small portion of any given day, but you'll need to be able to be comfortable with that person every minute you're with them -- and I'm old enough now to realize that sex doesn't really last all that long -- if you're lucky, you'll spend a lot more of your life being unable to have sex, than able -- because while the spirit may remain willing and interested, the flesh tends to give up sometime in your 50s. Sad, but true, I'm afraid.

Choose someone you LIKE, who LIKES YOU. That is FAR more important than the sex/romance thing. Because she may be "on the rag," she may be pregnant, she may just be tired... but in those cases, you want someone that you're content just to be with, who also finds you good company.

Being able to tolerate one another, no matter what, is really the key to a long and successful relationship. We all have bad days -- find someone who won't give up and run out the door just because you and/or she is in a bad mood.

Andria

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Love isn't born from a stiff dick or a wet vagina. Many people think it is, but it's not.

At your age, you are thinking with the wrong head.

Sex should be secondary to the person you want to be with. Although sex is important to any relationship, people have a tendency to allow sex to cloud their thinking.

Sooner or later you will realize all women have a vagina, and all of them are good. So it doesn't matter from that perspective what woman you pick. What will be important is WHO she is.

I say this because all guys at you age prioritize sex over the actual person. I did, we all did.
Our relation ship wasnt based on sex. It was more. but its over...

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Also she once confronted me about that in the beginnig that do i smoke? And i didnt tell her the truth she woukdnt be mad about it i tell her the truth in the first time. I was scarred i was dumb. She is my first real gf so i wanted to look perfect.
She " confronted" you about it ? Wow- run away. Is this your mom or your girlfriend? It's not like you are cheating with another girl.If she is like this with vaping what will happen when you are old enough to stop at the bar with your friends?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
You know when you are ashamed about something you dont usually tell the truth. My parents became very cool about vaping tho.
And a girlfriend shouldn't be the boss of you. You are so very young, and you will know when you have found the right one.If she gives up on you that easily, because you vape? Unless you like nagging from a girlfriend, ashamed about vaping(there are worse things you could be doing) sorry but apparently she has her rules and if you can't live up to those, maybe better to move on. Maybe she can't believe you chose vaping over her?.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Also she once confronted me about that in the beginnig that do i smoke? And i didnt tell her the truth she woukdnt be mad about it i tell her the truth in the first time. I was scarred i was dumb. She is my first real gf so i wanted to look perfect.
When someone is an adult they realize" No One is Perfect"!
Sorry she and you broke it off. Best to get right out there and find another girlfriend, someone that will love you even if your not perfect.Trust me, she is out there somewhere.Life is too short to not be proud of who you are and what you want to be. Does your ex have any nice friends? That would really get under her skin, maybe your vaping wouldn't be so bad, LOL!

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When someone is an adult they realize" No One is Perfect"!
Sorry she and you broke it off. Best to get right out there and find another girlfriend, someone that will love you even if your not perfect.Trust me, she is out there somewhere.Life is too short to not be proud of who you are and what you want to be. Does your ex have any nice friends? That would really get under her skin, maybe your vaping wouldn't be so bad, LOL!
This wa a little hars. Maybe with the confronting part i a little bit miss write. I meant she asked me she wasnt violent or something. And look i was 16-17 i was dumb so....

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And a girlfriend shouldn't be the boss of you. You are so very young, and you will know when you have found the right one.If she gives up on you that easily, because you vape? Unless you like nagging from a girlfriend, ashamed about vaping(there are worse things you could be doing) sorry but apparently she has her rules and if you can't live up to those, maybe better to move on. Maybe she can't believe you chose vaping over her?.
And not the vaping was that separated us.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
This wa a little hars. Maybe with the confronting part i a little bit miss write. I meant she asked me she wasnt violent or something. And look i was 16-17 i was dumb so....
No you are not dumb, just young.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
And not the vaping was that separated us.
But you are still vaping, right? Why else are you on a vaping forum asking for relationship advice, this is a vaping forum.She didn't want you vaping,so you lied about vaping because you were afraid you'd break up. You were finally up front and honest with her and now you are broken up.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Love is very complicated and maybe good time to step back a bit. So serious for your age, do you have other friends? Maybe get out play some sports are other hobbies to take your mind off of things. I don't want to sound hard but hard to show by emotion by typing on the internet.Or just tell her your sorry and you will never lie to her again if she is that important to you.Sweep her off her feet with some flowers or a dinner date and dancing. Life is to enjoy, trying to grow up too fast,and you might look back years from now at wasted time.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Our relation ship wasnt based on sex. It was more. but its over...
Lol.

You can say that if you want, but it's just not true. You two have had problems and broke up more than once. It was about sex, and that's why you went back, despite her treating you badly. You wanted vagina. Period. End of story.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Lol.

You can say that if you want, but it's just not true. You two have had problems and broke up more than once. It was about sex, and that's why you went back, despite her treating you badly. You wanted vagina. Period. End of story.
" As The Vape Turns" soap opera.
Why else would a guy put up with all the nagging ?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first ex-wife wanted to stop travelling after a couple of years in the Near East. She wanted to settle down and have kids and I didn't. We had an amicable divorce.

My second ex-wife wanted me to quit graduate school and get a job. We had a nasty divorce.

My third wife and I just celebrated our 18th anniversary this month. I met her in a university in Korea (she's a Brit). We've spent the entire 18 years living overseas.

The point is the first two wanted to change my life in a way I didn't want. My wife wanted the same things I wanted from life. That's why we're still married, with two kids (kids are ok...sometimes).

Life is too short to let others decide what is important for you.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My first ex-wife wanted to stop travelling after a couple of years in the Near East. She wanted to settle down and have kids and I didn't. We had an amicable divorce.

My second ex-wife wanted me to quit graduate school and get a job. We had a nasty divorce.

My third wife and I just celebrated our 18th anniversary this month. I met her in a university in Korea (she's a Brit). We've spent the entire 18 years living overseas.

The point is the first two wanted to change my life in a way I didn't want. My wife wanted the same things I wanted from life. That's why we're still married, with two kids (kids are ok...sometimes).

Life is too short to let others decide what is important for you.

So true. My first husband almost had me convinced that I didn't like hard rock. Uhhh... wait a minute... I DO TOO! When I met my 2nd husband, at first, for a few months, we were just very good friends -- we both felt like we'd found the other half of ourselves. We're not carbon copies or anything -- I can't stand Frank Zappa, and he finds some AC/DC a little hard to take... but that's ok; there are so many other things that we completely share; it's ok if there are a few that we don't. It's really all about, how important are the differences? Different taste in music: no biggie. Different ideas on politics or religion or child-rearing: there may be a big problem, down the road.

And someone who dislikes the way you get yourself free of cigarettes? You're much better off WITHOUT that opinionated asshole.

Andria

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
But you are still vaping, right? Why else are you on a vaping forum asking for relationship advice, this is a vaping forum.She didn't want you vaping,so you lied about vaping because you were afraid you'd break up. You were finally up front and honest with her and now you are broken up.
Umm yeah im still vaping. And i asked the forum because i thought someone had to deal with the same problem. But i kinda think i must be one of the younger members

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol.

Nope? It must be hard to belive but we took it slowly i can asure you. We were not the typical youngsters you see nowadays.

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
By the way guys i cant see the tag under my writings. When did i quit smoking? i cant remember the exact date. Could you tel me?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
By the way guys i cant see the tag under my writings. When did i quit smoking? i cant remember the exact date. Could you tel me?
I don't know why your quit banner isn't working? Try clicking onto mine or Andrias and put your dates in and try it again!

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damn i dont remember the date it was before april all i know :c

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Damn i dont remember the date it was before april all i know :c

No big deal- just pick a date like March 1 or 30th or something close enough. You do not need to worry about that! No one here will do a background check! Just try to pick the closest day you quit and you'll be fine! I am proud of you, that you quit smoking cigarettes, the exact date is NO big deal! Something was not working right on your original link, so I never saw a quit date for you.

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No big deal- just pick a date like March 1 or 30th or something close enough. You do not need to worry about that! No one here will do a background check! Just try to pick the closest day you quit and you'll be fine! I am proud of you, that you quit smoking cigarettes, the exact date is NO big deal! Something was not working right on your original link, so I never saw a quit date for you.
The thing i remember id that my topbox arrived at the first of april. And like -2 weeks.

I got the date from an old convesation witha guy on this forum. Its march 11. :)

Last edited:

Ashley vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
it's a good start for you to quitting nicotine, just show your gf some authentic beneficial news about vaping, I think she'll understand that.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Tempro,

Some honest and non-dramatic advice for you here. If another person choses to impose their will on you, in example asking you to change, you need to genuinely consider that. About 98% of the time you can figure you don't need that person in your life and they do not genuinely care about you for you being you.

But, you need to give it due consideration. Understand their motives for asking for the change. Here's an example from my own experiences. I had been into a particular substance a while. There's no great adverse effects to coming away from this particular substance, many might say you get addicted to it but from my own experience I find that laughable. At any given my then fiance asked me to stop using that substance, saying that it was her or the substance.

Well, that substance can and often does bring troubles not exactly related to itself, troubles though nonetheless. I paused in life and did a good bit of reflecting for about a week. I understood her point of view in not wanting the excess baggage that substance acquired in ones life. She was more important than the substance, I had to see that and if I did not she was gone. So, yes I changed and walked away from the substance with no ill feelings from anyone who used it with me, no bad effects from it.

Fast forward to about two years ago, she asks me to change again. This time she points out how these new shiny things called e-cigarettes are starting to be good for getting off cigarettes. She buys me a few different cig-a-like types. I cannot bear using these as they just quite literally eat moldy toe jam, imho. I ask her why it is important that I quit smoking and explain I'm getting frustrated with her efforts to keep changing me.

She says it real simple. "I love you and want you hanging around longer. Cigarettes kill people, proven fact. Besides that it'll save us money up front." So, she's got a valid point to her desire to change me. again. I let her find me an eGo battery and evod tank setup. I use these for a while until I'm tempted into squonking, which I find best of all the e-cigarette experience, it suits me well.

Now, you see twice she's changed me for the better of myself, the better of us. Not once has she asked me to not be bisexual. Not once has she said I need to go do such and such to prove my love to her. She genuinely cares about me for me being me. It is that love which guides her to ask for changes to better me, to weed out the negatives but at my pace and terms. She has also never asked me to quit being a dreamer. She knew she married a poet. :)

So, really give a suggestion to change good consideration. Most of the time, you'll not want in your life and you can move on to someone else. You don't need to make it anything terribly painful or harsh either. You simply move away, distance yourself from a person you find yourself not able to 'change' for to suit their will. In so distancing you make room to grow closer to those who don't want to change the you, that is you.

Always remember this as the lesson of Life being give and take. You'll almost always return to it, sometimes daily, hourly, minute by minute, and sometimes you'll go weeks or months but it always comes 'round to this. You need to balance for yourself the give and take. Try not being only a taker, they are very negative types usually. It is though ultimately your choice and I think you've read enough advice here to use the brain in your head to reason it all out. Okay, I'm done 'playing big brother' for today. :) Sorry if I overstepped, kind of seemed it was what you needed. Also, :wave: "hey" :hug: :)

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The thing i remember id that my topbox arrived at the first of april. And like -2 weeks.

I got the date from an old convesation witha guy on this forum. Its march 11. :)
One year tomorrow then! Hope you're still off the coffin nails.

Last edited:

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
All right quick update. She broken up with me after we made promises to each other. She didnt really cared and broke my heart. After 3 days she got a new bf. Sad but its been almost a year and i got over it. Thanks for the advices altough nothing seemed to work it made me feel better. Thank you all <3

Not to mention i learned a lot from it, and it made me a better person over all.
Keep vaping :)

Kinser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So i got in a major argument with my girlfriend about some stupid shit and she later told me that she hates me vaping.
In the begginning in our relationship i was still smoking and i didnt told her. I only told her that last summer i vape btw and are u okay with that. We broke up 2 time before. So this is our third time. Before that i told her the fact that i vape. She doesnt like it. I never really vaped i front of her she just saw my mod on the table.
We are kind of the verge of breaking up. We miss each other but i want her to understand my struggle with nicotine that i actually want to quit and i ask her to at least support me or be okay with it.

I would like to ask for some advices or anything that could help me to tell her that its fine. She didnt give me an ultimatum but i feel that might come.

VU isn't a relationship advice forum. That said, dump the bitch. If she'd rather you destroy your lungs with smoking than vaping she's not worth having around. There are 3.5 billion women on the planet, she's easily replaceable, your lungs are not.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
VU isn't a relationship advice forum. That said, dump the bitch. If she'd rather you destroy your lungs with smoking than vaping she's not worth having around. There are 3.5 billion women on the planet, she's easily replaceable, your lungs are not.

Holy crap you're late on that one :giggle:

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah a little bit late. Learned my lesson.

VU Sponsors