Become a Patron!

Need help just started vaping

sup guys i used to have the innokin mvp 3.0 pro but i wanted to blow more clouds with it so i need to know any good setups that are less than 120 bucks. i picked out the box mod and tank but i dont know if it will be good enough. if you have any suggestions on other set ups please do tell thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 2.02.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 2.02.53 PM.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 33

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@kingsman .... welcome to Vaping Underground :) So you want bigger clouds eh? I do believe that is a good and simple beginner's setup that will give you some decent vapor production and some decent flavor if you wish to taste your juice as well. Will it win a cloud comp? No, but it is a good place to start in a cloud chasing journey. I think that is a good looking beginner's setup. I haven't had any experience to that mod in perticular but Innokin in general makes good stuff and you have the advantage of having a built in battery that just charges on a USB cable. You also have the downside of when that battery dies or fails your mod is done and will have to be replaced. That may take months or even a year or longer if ever, but it's just something to keep in mind.

Also something to keep in mind for about 150 bucks if you can budget a little higher

If clouds are your ultimate goal I would skip the middle and go straight for something like a Sigelei 150 watt. If you've never shopped at My Freedom Smokes they have a 15 percent off your first order coupon you can easily google and it brings the price down to like 74 dollars and some change with free shipping. That's where I got mine and the shipping was fast and the thing has been nothing but wonderful. As for the tank, you can buy it there as well and it's on sale there for 35.95 so you'd get a better mod and the tank you want for about 109 and some change shipped. For another I believe this would be a good starting point for you...but I only offer my opinion as a recommendation and not as telling you what to buy. I can not tell you what you will and won't like, just give you suggestions for good products that are popular and well liked by many in general. If you have a brick and mortar store close by I would recommend going down there and putting a few mods in your hands to see what suites you best even if you are planning to by online for budget reasons. I am all for supporting local business but I also understand vaping on a budget. The rest of the 150 comes from going to Lightening Vapes and using their 15 percent off code to get an Efest LUC 2 or 4 bay charger and 2 2packs of Samsung 25r batteries for a total of 40 to 45 including shipping depending on which charger you get. It's a little more money but you have a mod that will give you all the power you'll ever need for any application when you're ready for it with replaceable batteries you can get as cheap as 5 dollars for and you'll have 4 to start so you'll always have a charged set and never have to worry about being without power...oh I almost forgot, you'll need a battery case as well to store the ones not in use, they're like a buck fifty. Again...just throwing options out there for you to think about now to save you some money in the long run.

Or you can do like I would and buy them both :D but seriously....

I don't know how long you were vaping before or how deep you go into it but if you are going to go down the cloud chasing path there is much information you should know to vape happy and more importantly to stay vaping safely. I will link an ohm's law calculator and several other threads from this forum below this post of info you should know. You don't have to cram it down all at once, but it will help you find the vape you seek and stay safe in the process. Knowing ohm's law and battery safety is a must, not an option. You need a good battery charger and not just the cheapest one and the right batteries for any mod that doesn't have them built in. Vaping is a very personal journey and you need to make sure you do right by you. All I can do is offer information and suggestions about what to vape on. But the safety knowledge in the links below isn't optional. It will tell you about basic cloud chasing from shopping to rebuildables to battery safety and ohms law. Please look them over...

and I wish you good hunting and happy vaping :)

http://thelocust.net/ohm/ <---ohm's law calculator
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp <----steam engine coil building assistance tool

And links containing valuable safety, shopping and application information listed below:
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-sick-clouds-bro-thread-sticky-edition.78126/
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/looking-for-the-best-sub-tanks-and-rda.73126/#post-428210
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/new-sort-of-to-vaping-and-want-huge-clouds.57203/#post-342138
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/beginner-help-please.73577/

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@kingsman .... welcome to Vaping Underground :) So you want bigger clouds eh? I do believe that is a good and simple beginner's setup that will give you some decent vapor production and some decent flavor if you wish to taste your juice as well. Will it win a cloud comp? No, but it is a good place to start in a cloud chasing journey. I think that is a good looking beginner's setup. I haven't had any experience to that mod in perticular but Innokin in general makes good stuff and you have the advantage of having a built in battery that just charges on a USB cable. You also have the downside of when that battery dies or fails your mod is done and will have to be replaced. That may take months or even a year or longer if ever, but it's just something to keep in mind.

Also something to keep in mind for about 150 bucks if you can budget a little higher

If clouds are your ultimate goal I would skip the middle and go straight for something like a Sigelei 150 watt. If you've never shopped at My Freedom Smokes they have a 15 percent off your first order coupon you can easily google and it brings the price down to like 74 dollars and some change with free shipping. That's where I got mine and the shipping was fast and the thing has been nothing but wonderful. As for the tank, you can buy it there as well and it's on sale there for 35.95 so you'd get a better mod and the tank you want for about 109 and some change shipped. For another I believe this would be a good starting point for you...but I only offer my opinion as a recommendation and not as telling you what to buy. I can not tell you what you will and won't like, just give you suggestions for good products that are popular and well liked by many in general. If you have a brick and mortar store close by I would recommend going down there and putting a few mods in your hands to see what suites you best even if you are planning to by online for budget reasons. I am all for supporting local business but I also understand vaping on a budget. The rest of the 150 comes from going to Lightening Vapes and using their 15 percent off code to get an Efest LUC 2 or 4 bay charger and 2 2packs of Samsung 25r batteries for a total of 40 to 45 including shipping depending on which charger you get. It's a little more money but you have a mod that will give you all the power you'll ever need for any application when you're ready for it with replaceable batteries you can get as cheap as 5 dollars for and you'll have 4 to start so you'll always have a charged set and never have to worry about being without power...oh I almost forgot, you'll need a battery case as well to store the ones not in use, they're like a buck fifty. Again...just throwing options out there for you to think about now to save you some money in the long run.

Or you can do like I would and buy them both :D but seriously....

I don't know how long you were vaping before or how deep you go into it but if you are going to go down the cloud chasing path there is much information you should know to vape happy and more importantly to stay vaping safely. I will link an ohm's law calculator and several other threads from this forum below this post of info you should know. You don't have to cram it down all at once, but it will help you find the vape you seek and stay safe in the process. Knowing ohm's law and battery safety is a must, not an option. You need a good battery charger and not just the cheapest one and the right batteries for any mod that doesn't have them built in. Vaping is a very personal journey and you need to make sure you do right by you. All I can do is offer information and suggestions about what to vape on. But the safety knowledge in the links below isn't optional. It will tell you about basic cloud chasing from shopping to rebuildables to battery safety and ohms law. Please look them over...

and I wish you good hunting and happy vaping :)

http://thelocust.net/ohm/ <---ohm's law calculator
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp <----steam engine coil building assistance tool

And links containing valuable safety, shopping and application information listed below:
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-sick-clouds-bro-thread-sticky-edition.78126/
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/looking-for-the-best-sub-tanks-and-rda.73126/#post-428210
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/new-sort-of-to-vaping-and-want-huge-clouds.57203/#post-342138
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/beginner-help-please.73577/
I wasn't expecting to read this reply @madmonkey so thank you for this great reply!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Seems like a really nice starter set up. Way better than what I started with!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks again MM for your awesome help with our newer members, its great to see someone take the time and help educate the members just starting off with questions!! >thumbs up<:)

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok do I am having an issue with airflow it works well If I take the brass connector off and vape with 2 drip tips but its a little difficult when vaping both at once ...Any solution on a different connector that will give me the clouds I get while vaping with 2 drip tips at once ?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry posted on wrong place and my pic didn't do through. ..I have it posted I'm ask an expert now

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok do I am having an issue with airflow it works well If I take the brass connector off and vape with 2 drip tips but its a little difficult when vaping both at once ...Any solution on a different connector that will give me the clouds I get while vaping with 2 drip tips at once ?

Are you talking about a Hell's Gate or similar dual atty mod? Might want to start your own thread in the unregulated section for that...

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wasn't expecting to read this reply @madmonkey so thank you for this great reply!

What's that supposed to mean? What were you expecting me to say? That I am all wound up over someone going straight for the clouds? :)

Yes, if you know me I cringed a lil I'll admit it, but I'd rather go all in trying to help someone do it right than just bitch and do nothing to help them out which could ultimately steer them wrong or somewhere they don't want to be from lack of simple basic information...

Knowledge is the biggest safety we have as vapors, and it's also our most powerful tool and greatest asset to use when looking for the right vape so I'd rather arm the OP with knowledge and be guilty of trying to help him get the best setup up set to go as safely as possible than be guilty of keeping my mouth shut when I could have helped the OP get the best possible setup and go about his goal as safely as possible if I have the time and am able to help. :) I am by no means saying I know everything by making that statement...just saying that I do my best to share what I do as much as I can to help the world be a happier vaping place :D

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What that means is that I was not expecting to read something so informative and helpful.

Well I am glad I could help...I was kinda joking with yah...some of my previous posts to new "straight to clouds" threads weren't always as...um....kind? is that good word for it? well, as good as any :) I am glad I could help and you liked it :)

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you talking about a Hell's Gate or similar dual atty mod? Might want to start your own thread in the unregulated section for that...

@OBDave

4b316d7968a9e8557e8c8d371c0069ae.jpg

update: ive changed the tank but i need to make sure its good for my box mod thanks for all the suggestions and help. i was going to try for the sigelei but my friend had it and he said it was annoying as hell to change the batteries so im sticking with the mvp 3 pro i just need to know rn whats the best tank that hold the most liquid and helps with vapor production. if my tank is good for please let me know. thanks to everyone

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 5.50.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 5.50.11 PM.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 3

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't used an Atlantis, but those who do seem to like it. Search out the Subtank Wars thread on here if you want to get some good opinions on a wide variety of sub-tank options...

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
update: ive changed the tank but i need to make sure its good for my box mod thanks for all the suggestions and help. i was going to try for the sigelei but my friend had it and he said it was annoying as hell to change the batteries so im sticking with the mvp 3 pro i just need to know rn whats the best tank that hold the most liquid and helps with vapor production. if my tank is good for please let me know. thanks to everyone

That tank is just fine for the mod you want...and I like the mvp 3

...but ....I am sorry, I just have to ask this for sanity reasons..... your friend...well...is he "special?" I am not asking that to be a jerk but I have several mods that I change batteries in daily from tube mechs to dual battery box mods and the Sig 150 with it's magnetic door and perfect size ribbon is one on the easiest mods to swap batteries out of....it's not like a mech where changing out the battery means taking the thing half to all the way apart and re adjusting the negitive or positive contact or both and that sometimes involves a screwdriver and that is a pain in the ass....popping two batteries in and out of a box mod with spring loaded contacts and the right size ribbon is cake. If he considers that "hard" I hope he never tries to build an RDA, especially with nickel...it would be terrible for him till the bitter end.

Now, back to the topic at hand...as I always say, vaping is a personal thing and it's all about what you like and what works for your and not what I think you should use...I just wanted to show you some other options that were out there and that there are affordable places to get things in the US so you could make a more informed decision and be sure it's what you want...I wasn't trying to tell you what to buy...I wouldn't do that, it's just not me. Good luck with the new gear and happy vaping! :)

VU Sponsors