Become a Patron!

Need help setting up my uwell crown tank with my ipv5.

Tommy2knucklz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Trying to use the temp control feature of my ipv5. My wife bought me the uwell crown tank which is supposed to be temp control ready. Only issue I'm having is I can not find a straight forward answer on how to properly set it up. The issues I'm having so far are little to no vapor production and frequently gettin the message "dry coil, no liquid" on a full tank. Now I'm fairly new to the vape community. Been using my RX200 with either smok tfv4 or smoke tfv8. This is my first time working with t.c. can anyone help me better understand how to get this to work? Or at at least point me in the right direction? I'd really hate to tell the wife she wasted money on something I'll never use. Especially on a Christmas gift. Thanks in advance!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Trying to use the temp control feature of my ipv5. My wife bought me the uwell crown tank which is supposed to be temp control ready. Only issue I'm having is I can not find a straight forward answer on how to properly set it up. The issues I'm having so far are little to no vapor production and frequently gettin the message "dry coil, no liquid" on a full tank. Now I'm fairly new to the vape community. Been using my RX200 with either smok tfv4 or smoke tfv8. This is my first time working with t.c. can anyone help me better understand how to get this to work? Or at at least point me in the right direction? I'd really hate to tell the wife she wasted money on something I'll never use. Especially on a Christmas gift. Thanks in advance!
Run it in tcr mode at .00105 the Crown coils have nickel legs. You can also run those coils on power mode. This is if your using the SS coils. If they're Ni200 then just put it in nickel mode and vape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Tommy2knucklz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only issue with adjusting tcr is it only gives me a range of .332 to .246. Now let me just say this, I have no clue what tcr is and I can't seem to get a straight answer. I've seen it refered to temp control resistance and temp coefficient resistance. As I said before, I am fairly new to vaping. This is my first time messing with temp control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Tommy2knucklz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I should also mention the coil I'm using is the .25 ohm stainless steel... Lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I should also mention the coil I'm using is the .25 ohm stainless steel... Lol

Put it in joules mode, go to coil select, scroll till you see manual tcr, use the +/- buttons to adjust the tcr to .00105

Tommy2knucklz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Put it in joules mode, go to coil select, scroll till you see manual tcr, use the +/- buttons to adjust the tcr to .00105

I've done this. Unfortunately this is how I found out it will only let me set it between the Rangers of .332 and .246. I can not to it to reach .00105 being the lowest range it reaches is .246. Now I was informed that it may be the coil I am using (being the stainless steel .25 ohm coil). I'm about to switch to the ni .15 ohm coil that is supplied. No matter how I change the settings it is giving me the "dry coil, no liquid" error message.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Take the tank off and try it. Mine goes from .00050 to .00700

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is the Ipv5 new?

Tommy2knucklz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No. Had it for almost 9 months now. I did take the tank of and it wouldn't go to the ranges you said. Here are a couple pics showing the lowest and highest it will let me go without the tank on.
499e98721c08ac02574ae5d89c5eda64.jpg
b390d99e099715ed2ea4c8f53940d4f8.jpg

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No. Had it for almost 9 months now. I did take the tank of and it wouldn't go to the ranges you said. Here are a couple pics showing the lowest and highest it will let me go without the tank on.
499e98721c08ac02574ae5d89c5eda64.jpg
b390d99e099715ed2ea4c8f53940d4f8.jpg

Thats the resistance setting bro. You're in the wrong menu. The screen you need looks like this:

587f0d26da3831fe6a0b7f76c6455d29.jpg

Tommy2knucklz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats the resistance setting bro. You're in the wrong menu. The screen you need looks like this:

587f0d26da3831fe6a0b7f76c6455d29.jpg

Lol THANK YOU!!!! Now how do I get to that menu. And thank you for all your help so far. Lol the first one to actually try to help. Greatly appreciated

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Click the power button 5x, go into joule mode, go into coil select, hit the up button till you get to manual tcr, adjust tcr, vape.

Tommy2knucklz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Click the power button 5x, go into joule mode, go into coil select, hit the up button till you get to manual tcr, adjust tcr, vape.

You sir are a life saver. Seems it worked. It's vaping nice at 50 j @300°f. Now I just need to find a reliable place to read up on temp control vaping. Any suggestions?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You sir are a life saver. Seems it worked. It's vaping nice at 50 j @300°f. Now I just need to find a reliable place to read up on temp control vaping. Any suggestions?

Temp control is easy on your mod. The Joules control the amount of time it takes the coil to ramp up. Faster ramp up = higher Joules. The temperature controls how cool or hot you like your vape. For tc you really need to be above 425f to get some decent flavor. Right now on the same mod you have I'm vaping a single SS clapton coil in my Mage GTA ohming out at .28, 75 joules, 500f in manual tcr mode. I run the .25 Crown coils at 75 joules and 500f. Glad I could help bro. Merry Christmas!

Tommy2knucklz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Temp control is easy on your mod. The Joules control the amount of time it takes the coil to ramp up. Faster ramp up = higher Joules. The temperature controls how cool or hot you like your vape. For tc you really need to be above 425f to get some decent flavor. Right now on the same mod you have I'm vaping a single SS clapton coil in my Mage GTA ohming out at .28, 75 joules, 500f in manual tcr mode. I run the .25 Crown coils at 75 joules and 500f. Glad I could help bro. Merry Christmas!

Just switched settings and my god yo. This is a tasty bastard! Thanks alot for all your help. And merry Christmas back at ya

DemBoyzVapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
You can search a tcr chart. I used one but I'll find the pic again for you if you want to see it. It tells you what the range is on the tcr for nickel titanium and stainless steel. Kanthal is really really low so don't even bother setting it if you make kanthal coils in an rda haha

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

DemBoyzVapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Btw brother TCR is temperature coefficient range. Or something like that haha. But the last word is range because the meaning of tcr is the ability of your wire to change resistance (ohms) as it gets hotter or colder. When you use nickel or titanium the ohms can change about .035 or something so you'll see it go from .25 to .26 if your tcr is at the correct setting. For SS or Kanthal it should be low like 105 or less for SS

Tommy2knucklz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can search a tcr chart. I used one but I'll find the pic again for you if you want to see it. It tells you what the range is on the tcr for nickel titanium and stainless steel. Kanthal is really really low so don't even bother setting it if you make kanthal coils in an rda haha

Wurd. Thank you. I'll keep that in mind. And if ya still got that chart laying around somewhere, I wouldn't mind takin a peek at it.

DemBoyzVapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I'll have to look it up and see if I can even post a pic on here. If not I'll send a link to it to help you out

Tommy2knucklz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Btw brother TCR is temperature coefficient range. Or something like that haha. But the last word is range because the meaning of tcr is the ability of your wire to change resistance (ohms) as it gets hotter or colder. When you use nickel or titanium the ohms can change about .035 or something so you'll see it go from .25 to .26 if your tcr is at the correct setting. For SS or Kanthal it should be low like 105 or less for SS

Great info. Why couldn't I find this shit earlier? Lol thanks again man. That's why I'm glad I gave this place a shot cuz everything I was looking up turned out to be bullshit apparently. Much appreciated.

Tommy2knucklz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll have to look it up and see if I can even post a pic on here. If not I'll send a link to it to help you out

Thank you. You're a scholar and a gentleman

DemBoyzVapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Okay I was wrong about the "range" in the name but it has to do with the ohm range when it heats up

Tommy2knucklz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You both are the shit. Thanks again guys. Oh and thank you for not being the usual "douchey Internet know it all". Yall legitly helped me figure out what I was doing wrong and even gave the perfect remedy for my issue. And for that, I thank ya!

Tommy2knucklz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay I was wrong about the "range" in the name but it has to do with the ohm range when it heats up

Shit, you may have mistaken the name, but your description was spot on. Still helpful.

DemBoyzVapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Ahh don't make a big deal out of it man. I'm not a scholar I just study into something when I find a business perspective of something new. I've studied vintage watches, antiques, precious metals, shoes and jewelry. My most recent business is manufacturing and selling coils and ejuice

Tommy2knucklz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ahh don't make a big deal out of it man. I'm not a scholar I just study into something when I find a business perspective of something new. I've studied vintage watches, antiques, precious metals, shoes and jewelry. My most recent business is manufacturing and selling coils and ejuice

Can't help but make a big deal of it. I was searching for hours to find a solution. I posted here, and damn near instantly got the right info and even for use full info to go along with it. Just want yall to know I'm legitimately thankful lol

DemBoyzVapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Ahh yeah no problem! Gotta look out for our own. Support the vaping community! My business partner has the ipv 5 so if there's any other issues I can have him give me all the answers. That baby holds up! He's dropped it on my floor and out of his car and into his car and everywhere. Still works perfect. But he just got the G-Priv cuz he loves my H-Priv. So he's retiring the ipv

Tommy2knucklz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No lie there. My ipv5 has taken some brutal beatings (even been ran over by the semi I drove for the last job I worked). Didn't dent or break the screen. Just got scratched all to hell. But still works as good as the day I bought it. Now if only I could learn this damn snow wolf 200w tc box my brother in law gave me lol. That's a whole not her level of headaches lol

VU Sponsors