Become a Patron!

Need help understanding Ohm's Law (Better)

Hello. I'm new to rebuildables. I'm just have some doubts about Ohm's Law and how it works.
Okay. I understand the whole mathematical process and the meaning of every variable and what does what.

My question is very simple actually. If I determine my known variables. In this case let's say it's:
0.5 Ohms
and 3.7 voltage.
My ending result will be 7.4amps and 27.4Watts.
Does this mean I need a battery capable of more than 7.4amps and I cannot vape over 27.4?

You see, this is what I don't understand. I know if I change any value here everything else will be affected.
Can I "up" my wattage without touching the 3.7voltage (I don't mind as long as it doesn't peak over 4.2(i know this math equation as well)? I don't mine the Amp increase as well. (30A Max)

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape batteries are 20 amp CDR or a few are higher. Your calculations are correct if your using a mechanical mod and some mods stack 2 batteries for 7.4 volts.The resistance of your build is what you adjust to keep things safe.

Regulated mods are a different story. The batteries are on the input of a computer controlled circuit that adjusts the voltage.1 to 9.5 volts on some mods. The resistance (atomizer) is on the output and as long as it's within the mods range the computer does what it needs to do to keep things safe. In this case ohms law isn't as straight forward. My single battery mods go up to 80 watts and dual mods 120 & 150 watts. I hope this helps or at least hasn't added to your confusion.

Vape batteries are 20 amp CDR or a few are higher. Your calculations are correct if your using a mechanical mod and some mods stack 2 batteries for 7.4 volts.The resistance of your build is what you adjust to keep things safe.

Regulated mods are a different story. The batteries are on the input of a computer controlled circuit that adjusts the voltage.1 to 9.5 volts on some mods. The resistance (atomizer) is on the output and as long as it's within the mods range the computer does what it needs to do to keep things safe. In this case ohms law isn't as straight forward. My single battery mods go up to 80 watts and dual mods 120 & 150 watts. I hope this helps or at least hasn't added to your confusion.

First of all Congrats on being so many days without a cigarette and thank you for the information.
I didn't confuse me at all. Again, thank you for this.
I have single battery mod with a VTC4 18650 30A.
I plan on mostly building on regulated mods, since they are safer.
Anyways, thank you again and hope you keep on vaping!
I will enjoy that Griffin when it gets here. <3

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
voltage = potential, wattage = power if that helps any

VU Sponsors