Become a Patron!

Need help with choosing a mech!

Cozymods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are so many choices i just really need some help with choosing one. I really just want one mech only, a really nice hard hitting hybrid tube mech.. One where i won't have to upgrade, and be happy with it forever. I recently tried a hybrid tube mech at a vape shop and it was truly a really amazing vape, better than any of my regulated devices I've experienced with.. Some i saw that looked pretty good was the Kennedy Roundhouse 2 with the Dragon Combo, another one i saw was the Shorty SZCM, or the 11.11, the broadside i heard was great too but that one is just not for me.. My budget is only 250$ :(

Last edited:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The absolute crown jewel of my collection is my Avid Lyfe Able Competition Mod (Copper Version).
8bd5ab61221d42100dd22449e1b146cc.jpg

In that pic it’s paired with a copper goon...
b149f7aacb5576003e102460e7267dbc.jpg

3rd from the left with a Kennedy 24
f3568b041f3e367770c85c45bb110744.jpg

And there it is with a Mini Buddha v2.

It’s pricey at $220 for the Copper or Brass Version, but it is a solid investment in the hardest hitting Mech I’ve used. Hell, even on the box it says it’s not intended to be used with e-juice containing nicotine because it’s classified as a competition device and is an absolute beast. Lowest voltage drop of most Mechs out there, only a hybrid design, smooth threads and decent magnets (though I upgraded mine to gold plated and thicker ones and it made it even better).
If I could only have one vaping device, regulated, non-regulated, etc...I would take my Able mod and not think twice about it.

https://theswitchsd.com/products/able-competition-mod-brass-copper-avlyfe?variant=8168262593

EDIT: Oh, and if you’re thinking that it looks a little plain or not all that fancy, just remember the sleeve slides off and there are plenty of places online to get out of this world customization, whether it’s bad ass acrylic designs or etched sleeves using the same metal your mod is made of to match perfectly...2 websites just off the top of my head for examples:

https://www.halfmoonmods.com/product-category/able-sleeves-limitless-sleeves/

https://vacavapes.com/collections/able-mod-sleeves

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Last edited:

Cozymods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@ScReWbALL That looks really nice. Definitely will check that out. Been looking at Purge mechs aswell they look pretty damn good got any experience with them? Also why do they say you can't vape it with nic? I really don't get why they would say not too.. I use nic 3mg in all my juices.

Last edited:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not 100% sure why they list that it’s for non-nicotine use unless it’s because it’s considered a competition sports device for professionals only...maybe they’re just trying to make it sound like it is so bad ass that the vapor production is so high that it would be dangerous to use with nicotine. I use 6mg nicotine in all of my juice with no problems
45babc504c5453009dc3360f3609a514.jpg
4fabd09cfe182a10743793506303edb2.jpg

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I absolutely love my Kennedy Limited Camo/Dragon Combo. I recommend it to anybody looking for a mech who has the money to spend. $260 with tax and shipping.

EF4265A0-175A-4A47-9802-08F963B89298.jpeg

4B3BBC9A-83AC-4F04-AD23-9D35D66E040D.jpeg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@ScReWbALL That looks really nice. Definitely will check that out. Been looking at Purge mechs aswell they look pretty damn good got any experience with them? Also why do they say you can't vape it with nic? I really don't get why they would say not too.. I use nic 3mg in all my juices.
I own seven mech mods by Purge Mods. Cloud chasing is using 0mg nic... tube mech mods by Purge Mods are competition mods, but you can use nic if you're not doing a contest. (The hardest hitting single 18650 tube mech mod on Earth is the Purge Mods Back To Basic V2 in copper.)

My three most recent additions to my Purge Mods collection:

karma.jpgsquonk king.jpg

Cozymods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I own seven mech mods by Purge Mods. Cloud chasing is using 0mg nic... tube mech mods by Purge Mods are competition mods, but you can use nic if you're not doing a contest. (The hardest hitting single 18650 tube mech mod on Earth is the Purge Mods Back To Basic V2 in copper.)

My three most recent additions to my Purge Mods collection:

View attachment 95837View attachment 95838

Damn son I'd like to have your job lol.. :eek:

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Avid lyfe or nothing for me!
f4b665a79d885d942ddf8b3db21f87a6.jpg
18604ffa1a8005fc7521e8a88b727f0f.jpg

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The absolute crown jewel of my collection is my Avid Lyfe Able Competition Mod (Copper Version).
8bd5ab61221d42100dd22449e1b146cc.jpg

In that pic it’s paired with a copper goon...
b149f7aacb5576003e102460e7267dbc.jpg

3rd from the left with a Kennedy 24
f3568b041f3e367770c85c45bb110744.jpg

And there it is with a Mini Buddha v2.

It’s pricey at $220 for the Copper or Brass Version, but it is a solid investment in the hardest hitting Mech I’ve used. Hell, even on the box it says it’s not intended to be used with e-juice containing nicotine because it’s classified as a competition device and is an absolute beast. Lowest voltage drop of most Mechs out there, only a hybrid design, smooth threads and decent magnets (though I upgraded mine to gold plated and thicker ones and it made it even better).
If I could only have one vaping device, regulated, non-regulated, etc...I would take my Able mod and not think twice about it.

https://theswitchsd.com/products/able-competition-mod-brass-copper-avlyfe?variant=8168262593

EDIT: Oh, and if you’re thinking that it looks a little plain or not all that fancy, just remember the sleeve slides off and there are plenty of places online to get out of this world customization, whether it’s bad ass acrylic designs or etched sleeves using the same metal your mod is made of to match perfectly...2 websites just off the top of my head for examples:

https://www.halfmoonmods.com/product-category/able-sleeves-limitless-sleeves/

https://vacavapes.com/collections/able-mod-sleeves

Rig city, platinum vapes,alluring vapes and many many more lol

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My crown jewel is this ... 1of6 chubby able completely unetched prototype
4f1070447da063b9959e18821576143d.jpg
ce3457bc708332711af9588d1b073dae.jpg

Dave.G1066

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well depending on how much your looking to spend purge mods are great mods and well built. I have two purge tube mods I have a purge truck tube and a purge see no evil tube mod. And the Machine on them both are so great and so smooth and they both hit hard so anything.

Attachments

• IMG_0207.JPG
    IMG_0207.JPG
    1,014.5 KB · Views: 16

VU Sponsors