Become a Patron!

Need help with clouds

namelesss

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got a new ipv mini 30 watt, before any says "cloud chasing is art we can't just give you steps" I know this haha! I just want some help on what coils will produce more vapour like how many wraps, what coil to build etc

I'm using 28g kanthal wire a1

Any help is much appreciated

derickedge7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right now I'm running a troll rda with fuhattan and I've got 24g twisted kanthal wrapped 4 times both sides and I'm pushing like .21 ohms this things chucks some clouds or you can go with braided wire and it does too
1a38c2e7e78205ec9f5021b2b37c3451.jpg
50524355221541f43fc71f836c49b7c3.jpg

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is a nice build. That is more of a flavor build IMO. that is a lot of surface area. I like to chuck with zipper coils. Instant fire it seems like. I always build dual 26g zipper coils. I sleeper build them on a tugboat v2 with 2 of the 4 airholes drilled out just a little more and man oh man it chucks them dense clouds. Make sure if you run a .18 or lower you are using legit batteries that can handle that amperage.

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm gonna go ahead and say that you aren't gonna get huge clouds with 30 watts. I think you might want to aim for micro coils. Try wrapping one around a saftey pin and see how you like that. You can get great production from 30 wats with the right type of build but it will never compare to vaping around 70 wats and higher

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
uploadfromtaptalk1427338400299.jpg

This is a coil wrapped around a saftey pin. It wat to hot on my mech but I bet it would be perfect on those lower w attage. Flavor is very crisp on this build also

eKo Vapors

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you have 28G kanthal just do a dual parallel. At about 8-10 wraps each that way you get your resistance high enough that you can utilize the watts of your mod. If you have your build at around .2 then 30watts will be the equivalent to like 2.8-3.2 volts( Not exact) so try to get your build at around .4-.6 and cover lots of surface area.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On those micros are you putting cotton through them or under them? I cant tell

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had cotton in them

namelesss

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I did a nano dragon coil but a single one and that is producing mad vapour on 30 watts but it's a draining my battery badly

I looked at the dingle coil you put on steam but it says heat flux 45 but I only got 30 watts?

like I said I'm happy with the dragon coil on 30 watts but battery not lasting AT ALL!

:(

Mr. Pink

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i would think it be hard to get much out of a 30w but id imagine a simple dual 2mm micro coil with 8 wraps each would be good at 30w. it should come out around .65 and the amp draw will be low so battery life should be no prop. what RDA do you use for your 30w?

namelesss

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i would think it be hard to get much out of a 30w but id imagine a simple dual 2mm micro coil with 8 wraps each would be good at 30w. it should come out around .65 and the amp draw will be low so battery life should be no prop. what RDA do you use for your 30w?

I use a freakshow RDA, how comes?

Mr. Pink

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
cool im wait for a shipment that contains a freakshow cant wait to try it. but at .65 and 30w it should be 4.5 volts so it will be alittle better on your device compared to a mech mod. clouds are more about good airflow rather than how low you can go imo

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I did a nano dragon coil but a single one and that is producing mad vapour on 30 watts but it's a draining my battery badly

I looked at the dingle coil you put on steam but it says heat flux 45 but I only got 30 watts?

like I said I'm happy with the dragon coil on 30 watts but battery not lasting AT ALL!

:(
In the bottom left corner of the steam engine, click on "How it works". In addition, the example is slightly off. The 45 is the wattage utilized (it was left there from a previous build of mine). Obviously, you can only do 30W max. However, to hit the sweet spot of your device, the coil(s) should have 1.3 Ohm. That gives you the best ability to adjust the power, without straining the circuit board.

With the wire gauge you have, I only recommend a single coil.

If you want to stick with the dragon coil. Utilize the link I posted above, enter the ID of your build (top right), and it will show you the number of wraps you'll need. At 15W the heat flux would be 205 mW/mm square. Which is IMO, pretty high.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors