Become a Patron!

Need help with Coil info

Hi, I'm new to this forum and in general the idea of mechanical mods
I've learned a lot from videos but I don't know too much about ohms law with coils and batteries. I'm buying a vgod pro mech 2 (takes a single battery)I don't know what kind of coils to buy and what battery. Can someone recommend a type of coil for a certain battery. I'm going for cloud chasing and tricking if that helps with what's kind of ohms to run. Oh and on a side note is 3mg nic ok with mech mods? Safety wise I mean

Batteries Samsung 20s or Sony vtc5A

Coil: dual ss316 24 ga, 3 mm, 8 wrap, 0,2 ohm

Don't go below that value, for your safety

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The best path to personal safety, is not knowing what battery and coil. It's knowing why that battery and why that coil.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU. If you are going to go mech, you should learn ohms law and about the batteries you use. These are key ingredients to either a successful build or a failed endeavor.

You can use steam-engine as a starting point to determine what is good to use in your setup. As for coil setup you will want to watch your coil mass. The more you have, the longer you are on the button. Some like SS, some like NI80 and so on. It is worth reading up on all of them so you are well informed in your decision making and less likely to have issues.

Try and get your hands on some good batteries, if you search around the site you will find no shortage of information on what is recommended as well as advised against.

With that Vgod, watch your atty's. That is a hybrid mod and you will need to be sure you have protruding center pins or it will auto fire.

Any level of nic you run is fine on a mech mod. Same as any other.

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've learned a lot from videos but I don't know too much about ohms law with coils and batteries. I'm buying a vgod pro mech 2 (takes a single battery)I don't know what kind of coils to buy and what battery. Can someone recommend a type of coil for a certain battery. I'm going for cloud chasing and tricking if that helps with what's kind of ohms to run. Oh and on a side note is 3mg nic ok with mech mods? Safety wise I mean

Is it because you want to be a jedi knight?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Jedi first to learn Ohm's Law must you. If not at least know to look in the right places for advice and direction.

There exist too many images helping they will be for you. Below is a good one.

ohms_law.gif

Wisdom of others can be two sided, good and bad. You can trust advice from most here but please always do verify for yourself. Consider getting a voltage / ohm meter to test your coil builds and ensure you stay within a generally recognized safe range.

Some more advice from experience. Don't rush yourself. Be patient with yourself and others. Express gratitude freely. When you can help others do so but ask nothing in return and do not brag about helping others, instead brag that others helped you. I remain constantly glad @KingPin! helped me in pointing out it is okay to mix wire types. Glad @Train mentioned using a Gorge RDA.

Clouds of vapor are nice, sure. Flavor can be equally satisfying and worth the chase. The balance you find for yourself will be the one right for you. Except for the proceeding, there is no right way to vape. There is also no best vaping gear. It relies upon what you find best for you.

Hope this post has helped you settle your grip on using a light saber. Remember, if you're not sure you might want to ask. There are no stupid questions only the stupid that don't ask. One final bit just as a gentle reminder, remember the human. :)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Have a browse through this thread ...watch all the vids it will help clear some things up for you

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/moochs-video-library-and-battery-table-links.384867/

VU Sponsors